grinch!

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

grinch!

Postby mouse on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

so ian - you are doing an all-new version of "grinch"? man, i wish i could come to see it - can you tell us anything about how you are doing it?
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Re: grinch!

Postby kmd on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 am

Just wanted to say, that Grinch image is great. That sounds like such a neat project to be working on!
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby Ian McDonald on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:39 am

Grinch, Dressing & Gravy is a Newfoundland-style retelling of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, with some elements from the Jim Carrey movie thrown in for good measure. My hope is that Spirit of Newfoundland will take some video of the play, and post it on YouTube, so's I can embed it on my site!

And yes kmd, it's been a blast to work on this project! :D Just hope my/our take work on the Grinch legend doesn't upset some loyal "Grinchites" to the point where they'll act like some MITDOP "critics" I can think of! :wink:
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bickendan on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Meh to those MITDOP critics. Pete nearly lost me with the Ocean's Unmoving storyline, and your Saturdays at Sluggy held me through. It took me a couple tries with Oceans to truly appreciate how good it actually is; but it was really MITDOP that held it all together for me. Be fun if you were able to follow it up ;)
Bickendan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:06 am

Ian McDonald wrote:Just hope my/our take work on the Grinch legend doesn't upset some loyal "Grinchites" to the point where they'll act like some MITDOP "critics" I can think of! :wink:

feh - those people started protesting just the _idea_ that anyone else was drawing sluggy, they didn't even bother to really look at what you were doing.

i will admit to being a staunch admirer of the original tv "grinch", but the old globe theatre here has a musical version, which i have seen, and that was pretty good. i haven't seen the movie, but that's mostly because i really don't like jim carey. i would stay, if you stick close to the original (especially in the feel), and make it your own with the newfoundland bits (do newfies may poutine with their roast beast gravy?), you should do fine. also, if there are children in it, people will love it. also, a dog. what are you all doing about max?
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit