BtB 6 October 2008

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

BtB 6 October 2008

Postby Bickendan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:28 pm

What would YOU do if a Goddess came to you for Confession?

It's not everyday that a Goddess representing everything counter to your religion converts to your church and comes in for confessional...

Honestly, it'd be hard to be a good Ailixist and not cast her to the depths...
Bickendan
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: BtB 6 October 2008

Postby mouse on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm

but ailix was all about love! that's not really consistent with casting someone into the abyss...
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Bickendan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes, but Carlin cast his father into the abyss, and Carlin's as Ailixist as they get.
Bickendan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Counterclockwise on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 am

I think the point is that religions are kinda hypocritical.
I mean, if they promise to protect everyone, then they have to harm or restrain someone that would hurt anyone.
Even if they promise to protect only the believers, they have to stop some people from being believers in order to protect the believers from each other.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ian McDonald on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 am

Bickendan wrote:Yes, but Carlin cast his father into the abyss, and Carlin's as Ailixist as they get.

Ackshully, Carlin's ol' man was already from the pit. Carlin was conceived after his mother (a Xu'buxx worshipper) summoned Xu'buxx from Hell and mated with him. And I'm pretty sure I wrote a strip where Carlin claimed he hopes to bring Xu'buxx in to the Light of Ailix one day, but I just can't find it at the moment. The Bruno canon has become waaaay too big for me to remember everything! :nervous:
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arantor on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Ian McDonald wrote:
Bickendan wrote:Yes, but Carlin cast his father into the abyss, and Carlin's as Ailixist as they get.

Ackshully, Carlin's ol' man was already from the pit. Carlin was conceived after his mother (a Xu'buxx worshipper) summoned Xu'buxx from Hell and mated with him. And I'm pretty sure I wrote a strip where Carlin claimed he hopes to bring Xu'buxx in to the Light of Ailix one day, but I just can't find it at the moment. The Bruno canon has become waaaay too big for me to remember everything! :nervous:

It's this one, being the third result from searching for 'light of ailix', as spoken by Carlin.

I'm up to the end of "Changing Of The Guard" with WordOwl transcriptions, btw.
Last edited by Arantor on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ian McDonald on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 pm

:oops: heh, I did try searching for the strip in question using WordOwl, but I never thought to use the term "light of Ailix".

WordOwl has helped me find other strips when I needed to find something out, though! :D
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arantor on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Ian McDonald wrote::oops: heh, I did try searching for the strip in question using WordOwl, but I never thought to use the term "light of Ailix".

WordOwl has helped me find other strips when I needed to find something out, though! :D

Glad it's proving useful!

It's weird how things like this actually work out. As a guideline if ever you want to search for a phrase like "light of Ailix", odds are it's been said by a character, or "written" in a book that is visible in a panel, so the odds are strong that I'd have transcribed it somewhere, so give it a shot. Even if it doesn't work out, there is a fair chance it'll ping up something in the vicinity.

That's one of the things I've been very fortunate with in transcribing Bruno; I haven't had to add additional 'liner' notes anywhere (yet) to catch search terms that people would expect to match. Most recent example for that in my brain is with Monday's and Tuesday's Cyanide & Happiness this week. The first strip has characters doing the Conga, complete with yelling Conga! at the end. The second strip featured a set-up again doing the Conga, but this time singing "DAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH-NAH" or something, and not actually saying Conga! Hence I figured to best represent it I needed to catch the word Conga somewhere for the second strip.

1940 strips and counting (about 91% done)... I got sidetracked today though - for reasons I won't go into, I've spent the last several hours fixing a zoo in Zoo Tycoon where it was haemorraging money each month... it's making a healthy profit now though!
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit