I've been thinking again...

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

I've been thinking again...

Postby Arantor on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:09 pm

(Apologies if you've seen this post elsewhere. I'm asking this question of all of the comics covered at WordOwl)

Hey all,
I've been doing some thinking again. Always a bad sign, but hey.

Anyone who's read my little blog concerning the WordOwl search engine may know I built a character reference for use with comics - especially Bruno.

The question I'd like to pose to people is this. Alongside WordOwl, I've been thinking of adding a wiki, which features all of the comics available through WordOwl.

Specifically it would feature the comics themselves, storylines, characters, that kind of thing. With the characters, the normal wiki stuff would allow editing a character history, perhaps a nice picture of the character and so on, whilst I can build an extension bridge between the wiki and the database, so on the character pages, it'd automatically fill in stuff like "First appearance", "Most recent appearance", as well as bridging back to WordOwl to see all appearances of that character.

I'd be using a specially customised setup of MediaWiki (which also powers Wikipedia if you've never heard of it before).

What do people think of this?
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: I've been thinking again...

Postby Ian McDonald on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 am

I think it 's a great idea, and will be happy to do what I can to help out! :D

Alas, this here is a pretty quiet board, as you may have noticed. My readers are kinda shy! :-?
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Bruno The Bandit