battlestar galactica

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

battlestar galactica

Postby mouse on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:09 pm

i'm still watching it....but more because i have an intellectual curiosity about how they are going to make this all come together..or if they even _can_ make it come together. (i mean, really - four of the final five cylons are switched on by hearing a bob dylan song? what year is this supposed to be anyway? and how was the thing even transmitted to them?)

they better have a absolutely fabulous wrap-up for the whole thing.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Re: battlestar galactica

Postby Ian McDonald on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am

Hey, whatever floats ya boat, mouse! :D I still think my prediction for the series finale will come true!

BTW, found an interesting article on who the "last Cylon" may turn out to be! Methinks this theory is quite plausible!

http://screenrant.com/archives/who-is-t ... -1592.html
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AisA on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:47 am

I think there's going to be a lot of loose ends at the end of this series. There's just too many plotlines for them to try to tie it up in the time remaining. Sadly, I predict an ending close to "The Sopranos", which will be unfortunate, as this has been the best written television I've seen since...well, ever. (OK, possibly "Rome" matches it...Cicero's assassination scene was brilliant. But I digress.)
That being said, I'll be glad to see the series end before it jumps the cyborg shark. Better that than have it turn into something that nobody cares about any more.
As for the last Cylon...I predict Madam President, for a host of reasons that I won't go into. Just remember, you heard it here first.
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm

i was trying to work out who it might be based on the sex ratio of the known cylons...for some reason, i came out that the last cylon should be male, so i'm guessing adama (the father).

but yeah, lots of loose ends - like how does a guy like ty get through a whole life, including aging, when he's really a machine? how did he get inserted into the human world without he (or anyone else) being suspicious?

also, if hera is so special, why isn't the chief's kid? he's also a human/cylon hybrid...
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby AisA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:48 am

Aside from the final 5, nobody knows about Chief's kid, and the one person who did know was prepared to kill the little mutant. I'm sure they'd all be treating it different if they knew.
My main reasons for suspecting the President are:
1) all the others in the final five are in positions of power or command.
2) It was awfully convenient how President Roslyn fell into the Presidency after being a Minister of Education; she sort of came from nowhere.
3) Her recurring visions...drugs or no drugs, she's getting information that no one else is getting.

I can't see Adama being the final one. If any continuity holds, Bill was fighting the Cylons before the first skin jobs (see Razor) and he's got too much history as a human to have been inserted by the Cylons at some point...he would have practically had to be born a skinjob.

Gods, I love a TV show I can geek out like this about. What am I going to do in a couple weeks when it's done? Dollhouse better be damn good.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:55 pm

actually, it just occurred to me - adama has (had) two kids - so he can't be a cylon, or there wouldn't have been a thing about creating hybrids (unless there is a substantial difference between a cylon-borne and a cylon-fathered hybrid, which might explain why tyrell's kid is no big deal to them). but as to the history - ty has the whole cylon-fighting-back-to-the-first-war thing too. how did any of them get dropped into human society?

i was watching a season..2? 3? dvd last night (when they met up with the pegasas) and started wondering about gaeta.....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby mouse on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:21 pm

well, ian, it seems you were partially right...the earth seems to be destroyed, but not by cylons (since the cylons came with them). and it appears we have to wait until august to find out what happens next.....and who the 12th cylon is.

or maybe the 12th cylon is god, who wanted humans and cylons to come to earth together, because both would be necessary to rebuild it? seems god, or some sort of superpower, is going to come into it in any event - unless there's another explanation for how starbuck's viper suddenly knew where to go.

much as i like dylan, i refuse to believe he's the final cylon, guiding the universe through his songs...maybe it's hendrix.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby AisA on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:30 am

GAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm only up to Episode 7! Haven't you ever heard of spoiler alerts?!!!!!!

My own fault for reading, I suppose....
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:17 pm

oops, sorry - didn't think of that.

in punishment, it seems there will be no new episodes until 2009. so you will have plenty of time to catch up before we find out what any of it means. (and since there are more episodes, obviously it means more that it looks like at first sight) (i hope).
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit