Oooooohhhh.... Dexter in a Speedo...

A zany geek soap opera full of bizarre characters, a sentient slime mold or two, and more jokes than you can shake a 10Base-T networking card at.

Moderators: stjen, Lady_Phoenix, jtdarlington, MaxJenius, kmd

Oooooohhhh.... Dexter in a Speedo...

Postby Limax on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:48 am

Okay... I know that was a bit uncalled for. :P But after reading your newsbox Jeff it makes me wonder who the 'extra' swimsuit models will be. This will be fun! :D

Hmmm... I do know there's a pic of Mischief swimming which I've seen before... I could just imagine the Gamester in one of those 'old-fashioined' swimsuits from the turn of last century.... :smug:
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Oooooohhhh.... Dexter in a Speedo...

Postby Graeystone on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am

Limax wrote:Okay... I know that was a bit uncalled for. :P But after reading your newsbox Jeff it makes me wonder who the 'extra' swimsuit models will be. This will be fun! :D

Hmmm... I do know there's a pic of Mischief swimming which I've seen before... I could just imagine the Gamester in one of those 'old-fashioined' swimsuits from the turn of last century.... :smug:

Mischief's is today's (Aug. 17) and her apparent lack of swimsuit. :oops:
Revelation14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils."-General John Stark

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other." - John Adams
Graeystone
Keenspot Despot

Postby stjen on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:57 am

I'm hoping there'll be one for Sharon.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby Limax on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:10 am

Graeystone wrote:
Limax wrote:Okay... I know that was a bit uncalled for. :P But after reading your newsbox Jeff it makes me wonder who the 'extra' swimsuit models will be. This will be fun! :D

I've seen this one before... and yes, she's not wearing a swimsuit. This was part of the original run... and one I've been looking forward to seeing again when Jeff said he was going to do these! :smug:
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby atristain on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Thaff baf a feat fgeff! (Sorry, mouth filled with drool)
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Graeystone on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Limax wrote:
Graeystone wrote:

I've seen this one before... and yes, she's not wearing a swimsuit. This was part of the original run... and one I've been looking forward to seeing again when Jeff said he was going to do these! :smug:

Of course her expression would make any man pause.
Revelation14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other." - John Adams
Graeystone
Keenspot Despot

Postby Conina on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Thank you Limax, I didn't need that mental image. Mind you I also didn't need to have that picture of Mischief up on my screen at work. :shifty:
:oops:
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby fossil on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:23 pm

IMHO, the BiKEENi drawings could mostly* be considered Not Safe For Work, and until that series concludes, those who choose to visit the GPF website on Fridays should probably do so someplace other than the office.

The mere notion of Dexter.... No. No. Note to self: Skip Fridays until there is no risk of ... {{{shudder}}}....

*The one of Fred was G-rated... unless maybe your boss is a slime mold....
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jtdarlington on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:20 am

fossil wrote:IMHO, the BiKEENi drawings could mostly* be considered Not Safe For Work, and until that series concludes, those who choose to visit the GPF website on Fridays should probably do so...

On the first Friday of September, when the sequence is finished. After that, if you want to see the pictures in a less stringent location, check for them on the BiKEENi Summer 2000 site. Note, however, that you'll miss the last two brand new pinups that at this point won't be shown anywhere else....
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby Graeystone on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 pm

BiKEENi Summer 2000. . .and this is 2007. . .@#$#, I feel old all of the sudden.

Graeystone
Keenspot Despot

Postby stjen on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:56 am

stjen wrote:I'm hoping there'll be one for Sharon.

YESSSSS!!!!!!

jtdarlington wrote:Note, however, that you'll miss the last two brand new pinups that at this point won't be shown anywhere else....

Jeff -- you can't just let exquisite stuff like this simply vanish! You must have some sort of archival place where you can put this, like you might do with, er, oh, fanart, for example. Please create a mini-site that shows all of your bikeeni pics.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:17 am

stjen wrote:
stjen wrote:I'm hoping there'll be one for Sharon.

YESSSSS!!!!!!

jtdarlington wrote:Note, however, that you'll miss the last two brand new pinups that at this point won't be shown anywhere else....

Jeff -- you can't just let exquisite stuff like this simply vanish! You must have some sort of archival place where you can put this, like you might do with, er, oh, fanart, for example. Please create a mini-site that shows all of your bikeeni pics.

Agreed. I knew that I have not seen the one with Sharon! 8)

She is even capable to make a Mac look sex-ay! :smug:
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby jtdarlington on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:38 am

stjen wrote:Jeff -- you can't just let exquisite stuff like this simply vanish! You must have some sort of archival place where you can put this, like you might do with, er, oh, fanart, for example. Please create a mini-site that shows all of your bikeeni pics.

Oh, they'll probably get archived eventually. The old stuff would probably have been sufficiently archived via the BiKEENi site, but with the new ones I'll probably find somewhere to store them at GPF. But not until a sufficient amount of time has passed to make folks regret not having seen it the first time it ran....

I should also mention that the Sharon picture is the first officially published GPF art that was done entirely digitally. Sure, I've composited a (very) few strips from previous artwork, but somewhere down the line the line art at a minimum was drawn by hand on paper. The Sharon pic (and this Friday's) were done entirely with my Wacom tablet, from sketch to inks to colors. Unfortunately, I think the Sharon picture suffers greatly from noobishness, as there's quite a few things I did incorrectly that I'm now smacking my forehead over. (The most glaring is the "straight" lines in the background of the hut, which I should have used a line tool on instead of attempting to freehand.) I learned a lot in this process, and the second picture shows a significant improvement. I'm hoping to eventually do the entire strip digitally, maybe after I can finally convince myself to shell out the serious coin to get one of these....
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby stjen on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:28 am

Well, whoever wanted Dexter got his/her wish. At least Jeff had the common sense to bury Dex in a sand pile (thank you!). Sydney and Persephone was a nice added touch.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:55 am

There's still one missing: Nick and his rather-not-so-good tan. I think that one is hillarious.
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby stjen on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:11 am

no, that one was posted a few weeks ago -- perhaps you can run back through them.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 pm

i haven't been able to back up on the wednesday or friday ones...is there a tip? (hey, some days i actually _work_!)
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby stjen on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:54 am

(let's try this again...) Well, I know the Wednesday Sketchbook stuff was always set up as a one-shot deal -- if you don't view the sketches during Wed/Thur, then you've lost, and you'll have to purchase a Premium sub (even if only for a month) to be able to see them.

The current Friday stuff is available on the normal BiKeeni 2000 site, although you'll have to manually go through the whole thing to find the GPF characters. Plus, unless/until Jeff gets around to making some subpages, you might not be able to see the added pics of Mischief, Sharon, and Dex/Syd/Pers. (Here's to hoping he gets to do it soon.)
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby jtdarlington on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:48 am

stjen wrote:The current Friday stuff is available on the normal BiKeeni 2000 site, although you'll have to manually go through the whole thing to find the GPF characters.

There are direct links by clicking on the images on the "film strips" on either side. However, the images are in reversed colors (they're "negatives") and are usually cropped to be a little misleading (some of the cropped Melonpool images come immediately to mind). I think the GPF ones are easy enough to pick out, though.

stjen wrote:Plus, unless/until Jeff gets around to making some subpages, you might not be able to see the added pics of Mischief, Sharon, and Dex/Syd/Pers. (Here's to hoping he gets to do it soon.)

The Mischief image was part of the original BiKEENi run and is on the BiKEENi site. The Sharon and Dexter/Sydney/Persephone pics are the new ones, so don't expect to see those again any time soon (unless you were sharp enough to save your own personal copy).
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby Rombobj on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:08 am

Several months ago, when someone mentioned the Mischief picture in BiKEENi, I went to look at it. I found direct links to other GPF pictures but not to Mischief, so I had to go through the whole thing to find it.
TANSTAAFQ
Rombobj
Keenspot Despot

Postby jtdarlington on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 am

Left-side "film strip", fourth from the bottom. Again, the negative image can easily throw you off.
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby sillyname99 on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:52 am

I'm majorly miffed at myself for missing Sharon. Money's tight, though, so I'll have to wait.

BTW, finally figured out the negative images. Dwayne is HOT!
Embrace Change
sillyname99
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to General Protection Fault