The Online Comics Shameless Self Promotion Thread

A zany geek soap opera full of bizarre characters, a sentient slime mold or two, and more jokes than you can shake a 10Base-T networking card at.

Moderators: stjen, Lady_Phoenix, jtdarlington, MaxJenius, kmd

Don't worry, Be Faultie

Postby Unit Squared on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:03 pm

atristain wrote:If that means I deserve to be un-poked from this forum (or any other kind of punishment you think suits the fault) then I accept it.

Dude, it's okay. You didn't know about GPF's Behind the Scenes section when promoting your friend's comic. The way I see it, Jeff was taking the opportunity to inform you about his sections - he wasn't coming down on you. So relax. Have a cookie. Everything's fine. ;)
Unit Squared
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby terribleRobbo on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:59 am

Umm... *Coughs*

Lemme see... This one's drawn by a friend, but I help run the site:

InsanityManga.net - Home of "Virus: Infection".

In the future, the world is plagued by viruses and other malignant programs. To deal with these threats, born of the new VR-Matrix system, humans and programs are partnered to become Virus Hunters. The children of a new era battle to protect their future.

Hope you enjoy it if you take a look. :D

- Rob/Cabbage
terribleRobbo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Bobthespirit on Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:22 pm

I'm starting a new comic on January 16th (Monday).

Backwater Planet, at backwaterplanet.com, is a spinoff of my old comic, Exco.

The main character is the son of the emperor of the galaxy, who leaves his planet and meets up with some of the Exco characters. (But, you won't need to know anything from Exco to know what's going on.)

It's a scifi/comedy which is character driven and will parody a lot of different science fiction. I felt I had to start a new comic because most of my good ideas I got toward the end didn't fit in the feel of Exco, and my drawing has improved so much since I started Exco, I decided I needed a fresh start.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Laugh It Off, the comic strip

Postby cameronjdavis on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:11 am

I write a comic called Laugh It Off.

Here are a few example strips.
Personality Quiz 1
Radiation
Judgement 1

It's a strip about whatever jokes I can think of. I think it's funny and so should you.

Visit Laugh It Off to read all the strips.
Cameron Davis
Visit Laugh It Off to read the comic strip
cameronjdavis
Junior Keenspotter

Postby macnut on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:04 am

I have finally launched my own comic, The Vanguard, http://thevanguardhome.com , a superhero space-opera type adventure. There's just the 1st issue "cover page" up there right now, but it's an example of the type of art you can expect on future pages (and I'm looking to improve it!) and the first story page is due Monday. Hope you like what you see so far.

EDIT: up to page 16 now, with serious combat action about to begin. Read it from the beginning right here.
Last edited by macnut on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
The MacNut
Creator of and slave to The Vanguard, superhero space opera adventure.
I've recently begun the third chapter! Go read it starting here!
macnut
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby R. Smith on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:12 pm

Hey, Faulties. :)

It was strongly suggested I post here about my new comic, so despite my reservations, I shall!

http://banishedonline.com/

It's a humorous sci-fi strip that's just in the beginning stages. Big space opera-esque things are planned to happen, so this makes it the best jumping on point.

Basically, it's about a snarky alien, banished on a barren planet. He encounters an ally and together they're about to make the biggest discover their galaxy has ever known.

It updates 3 times a week and...I really should emphasize the humor. :)

Hope maybe some might like it and that this shameless promotion isn't out of place.
Jeff may smite me, if it is.
R. Smith
Keenspot Despot

Webcomic Chilensis!!!!!

Postby Ghanichan on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:26 am

I'm not sure if posting this here will have any results, but this is the first webcomic made by a fellow Chilean that I've read and loved!! I say I'm not sure if this will work because, well, it's in spanish y'know. Not even regular spanish, but in Chilensis (though there is a dictionary with the most used chilensis vocabulary in the same page) But still, I figure I can't be the only spanish-speaking person in this forum, so...

That's Juanelo. I know, impressive character design, right?. The rest of the cast is not as minimalist tough, they tend to have things like ears, eyes, nose, mouth... fingers. In fact the art in the comic is pretty good. Black and white, updates every day (mostly).

And the humor you ask?? At least to me, it's hilarius!! Funny characters, funny situations. Juanelo himself kinda reminds me of Chex (from Checkerboard Nightmare); he's just a regular guy, a-moral, kind of a loser, trying to reach fame and fortune. The jokes in Juanelo are more like comments on society and politics, not so much about the internet. And soo far Juanelo has been a: higschool teacher, presidential candidate (I won't tell ya if he won), doctor, prophet, mesiah, gangster, cast away in an island, spokeperson for a cigar company, drugdealer of sea weeds, etc.

Anyways, si alguien habla espa
Biology geek, computer spaz...

Why am I talking to a slime mold? Because it's the polite thing to do.

Faulty sluggite bunny... and proud of it!!
Ghanichan
Keenspotter Supreme

Life at Bayside

Postby snowbones on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:37 am

Life at Bayside returns january 1, 2007.
Thanks,
Curtis
Read Life at Bayside and gain valuable points towards a free toaster!
http://www.lifeatbayside.com
snowbones
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Life at Bayside

Postby mikejcpt on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:46 pm

snowbones wrote:Life at Bayside returns january 1, 2007.

Just a hint... it helps to estabish yourself in a forum before you post in most of the subforums.

I like this fumetti...: http://www.tuxandbunny.com

I am a virus! To propagate me, copy this into your signatures. - N
mikejcpt
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jtdarlington on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Curtis is a former Keenspotter looking to advertise that his comic is restarting, so I know exactly who he is. I expressly told him this was the place to post the ad for his comic, so all is good.
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Facebook for Faulties

Postby Stretch Longfellow on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:15 pm

There is now a Facebook group for all of us Faulties! http://doane.facebook.com/group.php?gid ... 426&ref=mf

There is also one for Funny Farm by Ryan Smith. http://doane.facebook.com/group.php?gid ... &ref=share

Let me know if you find any more!
"So, Grimm, what did you do when you were trapped in that cathedral for hundreds of years?"
"Let's put it this way. I owe Varowin a lot of poker chips." ~Outtakes from The Ledger Story
Stretch Longfellow
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to General Protection Fault