What's next on the Friday Agenda?

A zany geek soap opera full of bizarre characters, a sentient slime mold or two, and more jokes than you can shake a 10Base-T networking card at.

Moderators: stjen, Lady_Phoenix, jtdarlington, MaxJenius, kmd

What's next on the Friday Agenda?

Postby stjen on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:39 am

Well, this is the last week of that bonus story. What will we see come next Friday? (Was there a bonus story in Book 3 that could be serialized?)
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rombobj on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:57 pm

TANSTAAFQ
Rombobj
Keenspot Despot

Postby stjen on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:20 am

Well -- that answers my question -- more of the sketchbook reruns. Not bad, actually.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby jtdarlington on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Sorry. Right now, I have neither the time nor the available content to do anything special for Fridays this month. However, I do have some good reasons, which I'll be announcing within the next week or so. So you'll have to endure more sketchbook reruns for now. But keep a watch out for the next News post. There are some big changes in the air....
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Postby fossil on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 pm

And for those who would like a sneak preview of things to come, this would be a good time to visit Jeff's blog.
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Poor font choice

Postby jbrecken on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:24 am

That dog appears to have a naughty word for a name.
jbrecken
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby stjen on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:50 am

jtdarlington wrote:Sorry. Right now, I have neither the time nor the available content to do anything special for Fridays this month. However, I do have some good reasons, which I'll be announcing within the next week or so. So you'll have to endure more sketchbook reruns for now. But keep a watch out for the next News post. There are some big changes in the air....

Nothing to apologize for -- the sketchbook reruns have always been good -- I was merely wondering if you had something else besides them to run, but it's not a big thing (or even a little thing) that you don't -- and I'm happy to see you're moving forward. Good luck.
. -- Scott
stjen
Keenspot Despot

Postby fossil on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Me, too. The sketchbook is fine -- I think we're lucky to get that much.

Thanks for the blog updates. It's interesting to read about your move into all-digital production, and it's especially good to know that your buffer is filling up again. :-)
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Poor font choice

Postby jtdarlington on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:12 am

fossil wrote:Thanks for the blog updates. It's interesting to read about your move into all-digital production, and it's especially good to know that your buffer is filling up again. :-)

Well, I didn't want to clutter up the GPF News with non-essential fluff that most folks wouldn't be interested in, or wishy-washy hopeful ideas rather than concrete promises. Hence why that's been posted in the blog. I figure the people who really want to know all the boring background stuff can go there, as can the people who won't be too disappointed if I set a lofty goal that I can't later keep.

That said, the goal of three comics per week (to which fossil is alluding to) looks attainable at the moment. If I can keep up that momentum, I'll add it to the next big News announcement, tentatively scheduled for February 4th (the first Monday of February). I'll try to put some emphasis on that bullet point if it gets posted, as there will be much bigger news that could overwhelm it.

jbrecken wrote:That dog appears to have a naughty word for a name.

Which would be why the Comics Code Authority banned the actual word used ("flick") from comic books back in the 1950s, and a very minor reason why this story was ultimately rejected. (Trust me, there were far more important reasons why I abandoned this idea, like, oh, it didn't work.)
Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/
jtdarlington
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Location: The Thirteenth Dimension of the Infinite Rotunda of Eternity

Re: Poor font choice

Postby fossil on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:14 am

jtdarlington wrote:That said, the goal of three comics per week (to which fossil is alluding to) looks attainable at the moment. If I can keep up that momentum, I'll add it to the next big News announcement, tentatively scheduled for February 4th (the first Monday of February). I'll try to put some emphasis on that bullet point if it gets posted, as there will be much bigger news that could overwhelm it.

Bigger news than going back to three times a week? What would be big enough to overwhelm that? Hmm... We've got a couple of weeks. Let the speculation begin!
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to General Protection Fault