2008Jan11: new Evil Overlord-ism?

A zany geek soap opera full of bizarre characters, a sentient slime mold or two, and more jokes than you can shake a 10Base-T networking card at.

Moderators: stjen, Lady_Phoenix, jtdarlington, MaxJenius, kmd

2008Jan11: new Evil Overlord-ism?

Postby fossil on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Tsk, tsk, Dr. Not. James Baud may be dumb, but letting him distract you before pulling the trigger is even dumber.

After a quick look at the Evil Overlord list, I don't see anything that quite fits Fooker's conversation with Dr. Not in Page 11 of 12 of the Book 2 Bonus Story. Perhaps something like the following would cover it:

n. If the hero makes some infuriatingly stupid mistake concerning my name, I will not attempt to correct him, nor will I vent my frustration at the top of my lungs, before dispatching him. I will do away with him first and then, if that is insufficient to relieve my frustration with him, I will remind myself that his now lifeless body will never irritate me with that mistake again. If still unsatisfied, I will scour the area for any of his surviving sidekicks and execute them, then I will permit myself the luxury of yelling at the hero's corpse until my wrath is appeased and I can return to my customary cool and detached evil demeanor.

Other thoughts? (C'mon, Faulties, it's much too quiet in here!)
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Then I dare you to apply this interchangeto the EOL... :smug:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby fossil on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:27 am

Wow... that *is* a challenge. Let's see....

n+1. If, while the hero is in hot pursuit of me, his secret identity is revealed to me by either a trusted lieutenant or the hero himself, I will either cut the hero down or escape from him before wasting precious time exclaiming in surprise.

n+2. The same goes for any trusted lieutenant if his (or her) secret identity is revealed to me: a lieutenant who has been keeping an identity secret from me clearly can not be trusted. First, I will make the formerly-trusted lieutenant an offer that cannot be refused, preferably in front of other lieutenants who will learn from this one's mistake, and after he/she has breathed his/her last, *then* express my astonishment.

... not that I was exactly looking for other strips with as-yet-undocumented Evil Overlord rules, just a bit of dialogue on this forum. I'd be tempted to say that not a creature has been stirring, not even a mouse, except that before this evening, the most recent post *was* by mouse....
fossil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:02 pm

we mice get around.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby atristain on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

fossil wrote:n+1. If, while the hero is in hot pursuit of me, his secret identity is revealed to me by either a trusted lieutenant or the hero himself, I will either cut the hero down or escape from him before wasting precious time exclaiming in surprise.

Don't forget:

n+1(a) If my trusted lieutenant makes a comment about one of the so-called heroes trying to access our escape transport, I will refrain from making funny comments referring popular culture, especially old sci-fi series. :smug:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Return to General Protection Fault