American churches (5th June)

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

American churches (5th June)

Postby HiFranc on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:12 am

Do priests/vicars really carry guns in America?!? I find it hard to believe but it's at times like this that you realise that the comic really is written from a different culture.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:36 am

Not a section of the population with which I'm deeply familiar, so I can't say with utter certainity.
But for the majority, going to have to say 'no'. Of the priests and such I know, most are at least to a degree pasifists, and object to guns in general, and thus would never carry one.
However, I also know a couple of pastors that make a point of deer hunting every year. Evangelical pastors, not catholic priests, and deer hunting, not carrying a pistol, so not certain how close the connection is.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Re: American churches (5th June)

Postby sun tzu on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:29 am

HiFranc wrote:Do priests/vicars really carry guns in America?!? I find it hard to believe but it's at times like this that you realise that the comic really is written from a different culture.

No, no. What Gav (the character) said was that "normal Christians" cary guns and have locks. Not "priests", "Christians". I'm guessing he's referencing the Bible Belt.
"The problem with History is that it can't have a happy ending." -Ouri Maler.
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Conina on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 am

I can easily imagine Gav annoying Christians enough that they'd point guns at him - hell I can see him annoying/scaring them so much they'd go out and buy a gun especially. And not just Christians at that.
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Return to Nukees