Windshield wiper law

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Windshield wiper law

Postby Crystalis on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:05 am

Huh, California must be behind the times. I thought ya'll set the precedent and then the rest of the country moved that way if it proved popular? At least, that's what I hear every time I read about that proposed tax per mile drive vs gallon of gas crap that is brewing that way. I know Arkansas has had the headlights on while wipers are on law since around 1997 or so - I was in yearbook in high school and helped someone come up with a title to a story about that law in our yearbook. "New Law Sheds Light on Rain"
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
-Schlurper of Newbies!
-OT Pope

Drink to the dead all you still alive,
we shall join them in good time.
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
it's best to leap before you look.

Under Republicans, man exploits man. Under Democrats, it's just the reverse.
Crystalis
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drooling Iguana on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:26 am

It must be a sign of the Apocalypse when Danny is the one making the most sense.
I used to think I was a child; now I think I am an adult -- not because I no longer do childish things, but because those I call adults are no more mature than I am.
Drooling Iguana
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Windshield wiper law

Postby Gav on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:58 pm

Crystalis wrote:Huh, California must be behind the times. I thought ya'll set the precedent and then the rest of the country moved that way if it proved popular?

I think California is usually a trailblazer in the same way as is a hiker that hires sherpas to set up advance camps. The rest of the world often follows our "groundbreaking precedent" when we try it second--after it proved successful in some small, forgotten state (with the exception of anti-smoking laws, maybe--we can claim firsties on that one). I always hear on the news when California tries some "bold, new law" after it proved successful in Delaware or Oregon or something, and then the rest of the country follows.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees