Changing sides (9th Dec)

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Changing sides (9th Dec)

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:41 am

Today's comic gives the impression that Danny is akin to Dracula. ;-) I'm trying to imagine what a Danny vampire feeds on? And why a Christian can go into a bar but they can't?

Or is she still a Christian? [cue dramatic music]

{edit}Weren't the group waiting outside the bar when Gav left the last time?

<< wondering if they all couldn't enter before
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Haesslich on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:52 am

It's not that they can't drink - remember what they said about Jesus turning water into wine, which was a reason that they could when first meeting Gav here. Maybe it's something about the bar itself, or Jezebel's behavior, which they're objecting to...
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Postby Selgeron on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:05 am

If they are danny's converts they cannot enter because the bar is Gav (the anti danny's) holy grounds...
Is it magic or is it madness?
Selgeron
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:06 am

...if Gav is the anti-Danny, bring into question some serious things about Danny.
While Gav might seem to be a servant of chaos, he is really a devout servant of Truth and Order.... does that mean his opposite, Danny, is in truth a servant of Lies and Chaos? :shifty:
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby CodeGuy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:50 pm

I was thinking the opposite. While Gav may love Order, he's actually an agent of Chaos. Even other agents of Chaos say so.

Nothing is more chaotic than a place that gets Gav drunk, so Danny's little Order vampires can't enter it.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eyeless Blond on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:11 am

bloodeye wrote:...if Gav is the anti-Danny, bring into question some serious things about Danny.
While Gav might seem to be a servant of chaos, he is really a devout servant of Truth and Order.... does that mean his opposite, Danny, is in truth a servant of Lies and Chaos? :shifty:

Well Danny did build the giant ant. :)

Oh, and whatever hold he has on the two girls seems to be wearing thin. They're using contractions again.
Eyeless Blond
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 pm

Eyeless Blond wrote:Oh, and whatever hold he has on the two girls seems to be wearing thin. They're using contractions again.

Damn! Not again! I'll always rue the day I established that personality trait!

That's just another mistake. I'll fix it later. Thanks for pointing it out.

I had a big presentation to give this morning on our research to the Nuclear Science Division at Berkeley Lab, and I really rushed through the strip last night.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby CodeGuy on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:15 pm

While you're at it, you might want to fix the typos in the previos comic, also.

"Strayed from the Hold" in panel 2. The last line ended with a question mark, was that intentional?
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:10 pm

CodeGuy wrote:While you're at it, you might want to fix the typos in the previos comic, also.

"Strayed from the Hold" in panel 2. The last line ended with a question mark, was that intentional?

Ooops. That's one of those things that's tough to remember. If I make a mistake in the text (and my pen works faster than my brain sometimes with text), I have to wait until everything is drawn and the pencil marks erased before I can white it out to correct it (you don't want to try to erase over white-out). Since that can be an hour later, it's easy to forget... And if I'm in a rush (have been all this week), I don't always proofread as much as I should.

I believe the question mark was intentional. You know, to give it a "uh, sure, why not?" kind of inflection. But now I'm looking at it and I'm not sure if that was the best way to go. Or even if that was really what I meant to do.

I'll check my script when I get home. If I wrote a question mark in the script, I'll leave it. If not, I'll change it. Thanks.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby Selgeron on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:38 pm

"Damn! Not again! I'll always rue the day I established that personality trait! "

and then you made a bunch of other characters with the SAME personality trait...

You secretly love the pain it causes you, don't you...
Is it magic or is it madness?
Selgeron
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Gav on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:32 am

You know, when I did it, I knew I was getting myself into trouble. I also thought, "Eh, if I screw up down the road, it's not so horrible, since they are disciples and can't be expected to be perfect..." But I never thought I'd screw up so soon.

I can't confirm, nor deny, any of my own automasochistic tendancies.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees