A Gav clone??? (25th Nov)

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

A Gav clone??? (25th Nov)

Postby HiFranc on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:56 am

I wonder what made the person think that Suzy had become a Gav clone? I also want to know who told him that.... ;-)
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sidhekin on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:23 am

From context, I'd say "the person" is "King Luca": "Do you know what King Luca said to me after the party where you went all lesbo...?" and "What King Luca said about you ..."

Except that "Exactly what I would have said!!" suggests that Gav was just trying to make Suzy curious enough to hear him out ... :P

Have I mentioned I really enjoy Nukees lately? (Lately, that is, as in the last couple of years or so.) 8)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Sidhekin
Keenspot Despot

Postby CandidaAsimov on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:29 am

Gav and Suxy are going to hook up! If not soon, then eventually. I'm betting on sooner rather than later. At any rate, something has to keep her from leaving Berkeley, she's too important to not be in the cast.
God grant me strenght and speed. I'll steal the rest. --Fishooks McCarthy
CandidaAsimov
Junior Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:06 am

:oops:

And the lesson for today is that it's hard to take things in when one is half asleep when reading.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby HiFranc on Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:07 am

CandidaAsimov wrote:Gav and Suxy are going to hook up! If not soon, then eventually. I'm betting on sooner rather than later. At any rate, something has to keep her from leaving Berkeley, she's too important to not be in the cast.

She may be replaced by Cindy Lee?
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Orochi on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:02 am

but cindy isn't as good of a straight woman as suzy, and you always need a straight man/woman in jokes!
Orochi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby e-Monk on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:53 am

On another note --- directly under the sun in panel two, is that a little grad student trying to jump off of Evans Hall? I only noticed it because I've been loving the bakcground work this last month going from Etcheverry to Doe Library lawn. I figure if they have to get to Blake's at this rate, we're going to have a long run of awesome.
Last edited by e-Monk on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e-Monk
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:28 pm

Orochi wrote:but cindy isn't as good of a straight woman as suzy, and you always need a straight man/woman in jokes!

You have a good point.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Evans hall

Postby CandidaAsimov on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:21 pm

It definitly looks like someone jumping off that roof. Has anyone else heard the urban ledgend that that place is haunted? Evans hall by undergrads who couldn't hack it, and the former site of the school for the deaf and blind by little poltergeists. At least, the area around the golden bear gym really does look kinda haunted.
God grant me strenght and speed. I'll steal the rest. --Fishooks McCarthy
CandidaAsimov
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:54 am

e-Monk wrote:On another note --- directly under the sun in panel two, is that a little grad student trying to jump off of Evans Hall?

Very observant! Yes, it is. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Evans with me, so it's probably not exactly right. Not that it's a terribly complicated monolith...

There's one other "funny background thing" in that panel which may not be as easy to see because I'm at my parents' place for Thanksgiving and had to use a different graphics program to scan and shrink this one and I think the thin-lined backgrounds aren't as clear as they normally are.

I'm going to rescan it when I get back up north on Monday and maybe it'll be easier to identify.

Sidhekin wrote:Except that "Exactly what I would have said!!" suggests that Gav was just trying to make Suzy curious enough to hear him out ... :P

Actually, that was meant to refer to Suzy Gee's statement in that panel, not King Luca's. That might not have been clear. Maybe it shoulda been "That's exactly what I would've said..."?

e-Monk wrote:I only noticed it because I've been loving the bakcground work this last month going from Etcheverry to Doe Library lawn.

Sidhekin wrote:Have I mentioned I really enjoy Nukees lately? (Lately, that is, as in the last couple of years or so.) 8)

And thankee and thankee! Spread the word! ;)
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby Sidhekin on Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:39 am

Gav wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Except that "Exactly what I would have said!!" suggests that Gav was just trying to make Suzy curious enough to hear him out ... :P

Actually, that was meant to refer to Suzy Gee's statement in that panel, not King Luca's. That might not have been clear. Maybe it shoulda been "That's exactly what I would've said..."?

No, you were clear -- but perhaps I was unclear.

Maybe it should have been "Except that Gav's use of the subjunctive surragate 'would have' in reference to his response to something King Luca said to him, suggests that he did not actually respond in that manner, presumably (my presumption) because King Luca never actually said it. Why would Gav make up something like this? Assuming his success, he must have been trying to stop Suzy from leaving before she's heard him out."

Or maybe shorter: "Except that if King Luca actually had said that, Gav's response to to Suzy Gee by rights should have been 'Exactly what I said!!'". :P

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it, putting too much trust in my command of the English language. :-\

Sidhekin
Keenspot Despot

Postby the Siliconopolitan on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:34 am

Gav wrote:There's one other "funny background thing" in that panel which may not be as easy to see because I'm at my parents' place for Thanksgiving and had to use a different graphics program to scan and shrink this one and I think the thin-lined backgrounds aren't as clear as they normally are.

I did notice somebody in the lotus position in that frame. On closer inspection there appears to be a shadow under the figure as if to imply (s)he's levitating. Are there a lot of mystics at Berkeley?

Gav wrote:And thankee and thankee! Spread the word! ;)

Will do. Speaking of word-spreading, isn't Agnostica coming up soon?
[i]Si les triangles faisaient un Dieu, ils lui donneraient trois c
the Siliconopolitan
Keenspot Despot

Postby JGatsby on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:13 pm

Speaking of Agnostica....

Gav, do you mind if I point people to your site when they inevitably ask what my Agnostica party is all about?
JGatsby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby towr on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:22 am

Speaking of speaking of Agnostica, the announcement from last year for the "random bag of fun" is still up.
Or are you planning it again for this year?
towr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tresof on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:10 am

Sidhekin wrote:Or maybe shorter: "Except that if King Luca actually had said that, Gav's response to to Suzy Gee by rights should have been 'Exactly what I said!!'". :P

How about "Exactly what I would have said [had I been you, Suzy Gee, when I heard this, instead of being Gav]!"?
Tresof
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sidhekin on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:55 am

Tresof wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Or maybe shorter: "Except that if King Luca actually had said that, Gav's response to to Suzy Gee by rights should have been 'Exactly what I said!!'". :P

How about "Exactly what I would have said [had I been you, Suzy Gee, when I heard this, instead of being Gav]!"?

Umm, I thought the joke was that Gav, being Gav, would have said the same thing Suzy, being Suzy, said, thus "proving" Suzy is just like Gav.

I thought I had it. I'm getting confused. :-?

Sidhekin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:19 am

Sidhekin wrote:[Umm, I thought the joke was that Gav, being Gav, would have said the same thing Suzy, being Suzy, said, thus "proving" Suzy is just like Gav.

I thought I had it. I'm getting confused. :-?

Nope, everyone understands! All is right with the world! Yay! It was only I that got confuzzled.

Random bag will happen this year. Since Wafath started a separate thread for it, I'll talk about it there.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees