GPF Guest Strip

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

GPF Guest Strip

Postby Wafath on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:04 am

It was so close to Jeff's style that I honestly thought that monday was the end of guest strip time, and the start of a new plot.

I just spent a long time reading it and wondering "Why?".

W
Wafath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 am

Very close to Jeff's style, indeed. Maybe if Gav ever has actual time, he can try to sneak in a storyline or two and see if the Faulties notice.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:58 am

As amusing as that might be, think I'd prefer the effort to go into Nukees.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:30 pm

Maybe that could be my new job. Drawing other people's comics for them so they can go on vacations without anyone knowing.

Too bad I have my hands full with Nukees already. Actually, as I said on the GPF forum, I'd love to have the time to bring back my "Comic X in Comic Y style" exercises. But, Nukees first! If I have any extra drawing time, I really need to get those 7 books together... :roll:
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby Maritza Campos on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:38 am

It fooled me as well. Great job!
Maritza Campos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby the Siliconopolitan on Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:45 pm

Gav wrote:Maybe that could be my new job. Drawing other people's comics for them so they can go on vacations without anyone knowing.

Too bad I have my hands full with Nukees already. Actually, as I said on the GPF forum, I'd love to have the time to bring back my "Comic X in Comic Y style" exercises. But, Nukees first! If I have any extra drawing time, I really need to get those 7 books together... :roll:

Well, I for one would pay good - and, if necessary, bad - money to see you try to emulate Maritza's style. That said, I can't claim that it didn't slip by me as well - not that that is saying much.
[i]Si les triangles faisaient un Dieu, ils lui donneraient trois c
the Siliconopolitan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:18 pm

the Siliconopolitan wrote:Well, I for one would pay good - and, if necessary, bad - money to see you try to emulate Maritza's style. That said, I can't claim that it didn't slip by me as well - not that that is saying much.

Well break out the checkbook, as I've done this before... Let's see if I can find it...

There was this about five years ago. Keep in mind both her and my artwork have evolved since then...

Some lucky Nuclide won that in a contest. But I think people were actually disappointed that I tried emulating Maritza's style, rather than "adapting" her characters to my own style, so to appease the masses, I did this...

I think that was second place in the same contest. Funny, I don't remember what the contest was about, though.

But I may have had the most fun "adapting" April into David Willis' style?

Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby the Siliconopolitan on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:32 am

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Where do you want the deposit?

Margaret in your own style is impressive (she reminds a bit of Suzy G. with a different hair style and colour, though). April in Willis' style is ... is ... for lack of a better vocabulary, fantasmagorical. I wouldn't have believed you did it, were it not for the by-line. And the first four roomies of the group picture do indeed capture the essence of Maritza of Christmas past (as far as my memory can be trusted). Marsha and April do seem a bit off, though.

The self promotion is a nice touch - so when is the new printing due?

In short, I bow in presence of your awesomeness.
[i]Si les triangles faisaient un Dieu, ils lui donneraient trois c
the Siliconopolitan
Keenspot Despot

Return to Nukees