Throwaway or really long buildup?

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Throwaway or really long buildup?

Postby Heng on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:36 am

currently in the midst of an archive binge (so, i'm bored. sue me)
- GAV has an older brother?!?!
- it has been 10 years... what abot Ma'at?
- had to google maritza campos (again)... she has a really cool looking new project going on http://www.powernapcomic.com/
- i kinda miss new danny quotes :-)
- PS: I still love the Chi Squared joke sooo much!

PPS: finished!
woah. archive binge is great! (bad for productivity. but, meh!)
lots of small things i missed during the 3xweekly regular read... lots of stuff i had forgotten.
you, Sir, have looong story lines. worth it, though :)
thanks for the ride so far!
Heng
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Throwaway or really long buildup?

Postby Gav on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:55 pm

I think you're asking a question with the subject... But I'm not quite sure to what it's referring. The current storyline? The entire strip? Anyway, I don't typically give away future plot points or explain jokes, but knowing nothing, I'd say "really long buildup." :) Very little of what I write is a complete throw-away. Except "physics joke week."

Heng wrote:currently in the midst of an archive binge (so, i'm bored. sue me)

BEST way to read! :D

- GAV has an older brother?!?!

Doesn't come up much, does it?

- it has been 10 years... what abot Ma'at?

It may have been a while since Gav's been to see her in the afterlife, but there have been continuing repercussions from that encounter, of course. And more recently, he thought he saw her in Egypt... But she hasn't gone anywhere. You'll see her again for sure.

- had to google maritza campos (again)... she has a really cool looking new project going on http://www.powernapcomic.com/

Yeah, it looks nifty. Too bad I don't have time to read comics. :(

- i kinda miss new danny quotes :-)

The "real life Danny" moved out of the Bay Area (to Seattle) many years ago and I lost touch. So no new Danny quotes, although somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, I'm sure new quotes are being generated (just not written down).

- PS: I still love the Chi Squared joke sooo much!

Always funny to hear the one strip that stands out amongst 3000!

PPS: finished!
woah. archive binge is great! (bad for productivity. but, meh!)
lots of small things i missed during the 3xweekly regular read... lots of stuff i had forgotten.
you, Sir, have looong story lines. worth it, though :)
thanks for the ride so far!

Wow, very impressive! That is a tremendous waste of productivity, indeed! How long did that take?

Sometimes, I'll be going through the piles and piles of strips at my house, looking for some plot point or art reference, get caught up in it, and find myself binge-reading my own comic for hours. When it's almost 20 years old, a re-read can be fresh even for the author! And it turns out, I have my own sense of humor. :)
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Re: Throwaway or really long buildup?

Postby Heng on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:33 am

Douglas Adams once claimed, that the HHGG was conceived as a series of throwaway jokes which he tried to wring together into a single storyline... So I thought I'd ask :)

Too bad I don't have time to read comics. :(

"You don't have time, you take time..." (from a beer(*) commercial) :-D

took about two weeks, a few hours per 'evening'... my job requires me to frantically hack away at some SQL statements for some time, then hit a proverbial "run" button, then wait for a while... so technically the time wasn't 'wasted'.(**) and the online game I play with friends has considerable waiting times during matchmaking, too...

glad to hear you still read - and like - your own stuff.

(*) no need to google, it was a dutch beer, and tastes terrible.
(**) that's what my laywer told me to write *g*
Heng
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Nukees