Congratulations, Clint!

A sci-fi adventure strip by comic book artist Clint Hollingsworth.

Moderator: macclint

Congratulations, Clint!

Postby Storm Crow on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 am

I've been reading since...2000? And enjoying it the whole time. Thanks! :D :rootbeer:
The Wasteland Crow Project: http://wastelandcrow.blogspot.com

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

Visit a new blog that a friend and I set up to share our thoughts and projects:

http://shareourcampfire.blogspot.com/

My new blog dedicated to the metalwork that I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com
Storm Crow
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Congratulations, Clint!

Postby macclint on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 am

Thank you indeed. As I've state elsewhere, it's amazing what obsessive compulsive disorder can accomplish! :D
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby OnlyHazeRemains on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Hey Clint,
I just stumbled over this comic of yours (well not just but about 6 Hours ago) and i just read it through at once. Dont think it gets the attention it deserves. I wanted to say that the fact that someone had the patience and endurance to keep this comic going for more than 10 years (what you cant notice just by reading the comic btw, what i think is quite unique, as other long time comics i read have changed greatly and not always in a good direction) pretty much amazed me. What amazes me even more though is the comic itself, and though its not colored and it sure has none of the fancy "new" photoshop style in it, i like it very much. It always looks like old scool pencil drawing to me.
I also love the characters, the story and your quite differen approach at the "post cataclysm" scenario. What intrigues me the most is the psychological approach youre taking, its maybe much influenced by native american culture (i can't tell as im german, i'm just guessing here), but the thing about it is that your characters seem to focus much on their "gut senses" and i happen to have just read a book that describes the fact that modern psychology is about to turn on its heels, away from the "rationalism" and advise people to do just what your characters seem to be doing most: listen to you guts, to your inner voice, your subconsciousness.
Well dont wanna describe the whole book here, just found this coincidence remarkable.

Other than that i just wanted to say this is a great webcomic, i like it very much, im amazed you managed to keep it up for 10 years and i truly hope you'll have the spirit and the funds for another 10.
I'll sure be around.

PS: I just read that you wanted to go away from keenspot last year. I wouldnt have stumbled over this great comic if it wouldn't have been in the keenspot sidebar ad when i read Goblins.

Kind regards,

a new fan

PPS:
Give Damon his beard back, hes way cooler with it. And will there be any more development to that Damon&Flame sidekick?
Last edited by OnlyHazeRemains on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnlyHazeRemains
Junior Keenspotter

Postby macclint on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 pm

thanks! I'm really glad you liked the comic.

As for Damon's beard, henh... For some reason (not having an editor) i realized I had regressed him back to beardless without realizing it. :oops: Don't worry. When he gets back (assuming he does) I'm sure Flame is going to give him a hard time about shaving it off. (Even though it's not his fault)
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby Timberwood on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Congrats Clint. Even on my hiatus(es) this is the one comic that I've made certain to keep following.
Kuma

Understand? Good, play!

As I enter this land
of Angels and Demons
I shall not fear
as the light is my guide
and the darkness is my wrath.

"If you don't like this world, change yourself first! If you don't like that idea, close your eyes and ears and live in solitude! If you don't like that either..."
Timberwood
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to The Wandering Ones