What The Flip?......

A sci-fi adventure strip by comic book artist Clint Hollingsworth.

Moderator: macclint

What The Flip?......

Postby Sage Blackthorn on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Not the slightly annoyed and amused "ow", but that was funny :D I can't wait to see how Jack is gonna get out of this one. Couldn't expect "Briarpatch" to work twice. Gotta come up with some new tricks to keep it interesting.

By the way Clint, how's things going these days?
"Sometimes, the way you THINK it is, isn't the way it really is at all." --St. Orin--

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda--

"If the world is to be saved, it will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is to be saved, it will be saved by new minds and no programs at all." "No paradigm is ever able to imagine the next one. "--Daniel Quinn, The Story of B--
Sage Blackthorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: What The Flip?......

Postby macclint on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 am

Hi Sage,

Good to hear from you. This is the most I've seen on this board in a long time!

Suzie and I are holding our own. The economy better turn around soon, or She and i will be implementing our fall back plan of selling the house and moving into a modular or trailer on the back half of my folk's 5 acres. That however is a contingency plan, we're not there yet. Otherwise, things are going well. I'm still employed and so is she and we are reasonably healthy (over the long term), and I did more overnights in the woods this year than ever before. I also finally found a pack (Surplus) for $50 that actually does everything I need! (It's been a long search)

So... I can't complain, but sometimes I still do..... :lol:
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Re: What The Flip?......

Postby Sage Blackthorn on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm

macclint wrote:Hi Sage,

Good to hear from you. This is the most I've seen on this board in a long time!

Suzie and I are holding our own. The economy better turn around soon, or She and i will be implementing our fall back plan of selling the house and moving into a modular or trailer on the back half of my folk's 5 acres. That however is a contingency plan, we're not there yet. Otherwise, things are going well. I'm still employed and so is she and we are reasonably healthy (over the long term), and I did more overnights in the woods this year than ever before. I also finally found a pack (Surplus) for $50 that actually does everything I need! (It's been a long search)

So... I can't complain, but sometimes I still do..... :lol:

Starting to get into the part of the year when I'm not out in the field quite so much. Got one more event to do, it's a convention in Los Angeles, but at least I get to sleep in a nice soft hotel bed and not have to keep a scarf wrapped around my face in order to breath like the last faire I did. I've camped out in so many parks this year that I'm not sure camping out in the woods would be much of a vacation. :D If my folks had 5 acres and I could move into a "trailer" on the back of their property, I think I'd do so in a heartbeat just so I didn't have to pay rent. That would save us about $1050 a month which we could save for getting some property of our own. If the trailer had internet access, I'd move in with my folks in HALF a heartbeat. If the trailer could be rigged with a solar power system, I'd do it in A QUARTER of a heartbeat.....I think you see where I'm goin' with this line of reasoning. :D Cut costs, save up money, buy land in unincorporated area, built own off the grid home myself using local materials..... been seeing A LOT of people doing this lately. Hell, I'd be happy with a Yurt with a wood stove and some solar panels for the laptop if it's within range of a WiFi network. Misty's still got this addiction to cable TV and indoor plumbing, however.

We did well enough at the Las Vegas Faire that I got paid (for a change) so I took $25 and got a new book. I think that's my big treat for myself this month. "The Art Of Happiness" by His Holiness The Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler, M.D. (Not kidding, that's what it says on the cover.) I picked up "Essential Teachings" last month on the bargin rack for about $6 and while I don't agree with half of it, the other half has been quite useful. So I figured I'd give some of his other writing a look-see. If nothing else, it'll give me a reason to pester Bill Hay over on The Hoodlums, I think he's knowledgable about Buddhist teachings.

I'm glad that you are Suzie are still keepin' yer heads above water. That's doing pretty good these days. I'm currently having the dilema of looking for a second job while I'm still really needed down at the shop since Misty's Mom has gone to Oklahoma for a few weeks to see her mother (Grandma). Grandma paid for the plan ticket, so I really can't complain, and she's paying for Misty's Mom to have some doctor and dentist visits too (it's actually turned out to be cheaper to do it in Oklahoma even taking into account the cost of the plane tickets. How bizarre in that!?) Something about she doesn't want the government to take all her savings, so she's giving it to the kids and grandkids now before they get the chance to tax her to pay for their new health care system. (Don't ask, I don't understand Grandma's reasoning to begin with.)

Haven't seen much of you on Myspace. I know I've been keeping the shop's blog updated as much as I can. I keep hoping it will generate interest (and therefore sales) so I can get some of the back pay they owe me. If I got all the back pay I was owed, I could take an entire year off from work and just do nothing. Or half a year off and go have some fun. Or a month off and go totally banzai loco. Speaking of going banzai loco, one of these years I'm going to have to try to talk the L.A. Sci-Fi/Fantasy Society into inviting you and Suzie to LosCon as "Artist Guest Of Honor" and "Guest of Artist Guest Of Honor". Then I might actually get to hang out with ya' since I end up working the convention every year. They had a discussion panel for "Survival on an Alien Planet" a few years back that we could've both had fun with. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to settle for tormenting my friend Tadao again this year. I've been hoping that he gets some bigger roles since his part on "Heros". But surviving Hollywood is even tougher than surviving in the woods!

well, gotta go wash a load of dishes and help Misty bring in the groceries, say "Hi" to Suzie for me!
Sage
"Sometimes, the way you THINK it is, isn't the way it really is at all." --St. Orin--

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda--

"If the world is to be saved, it will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is to be saved, it will be saved by new minds and no programs at all." "No paradigm is ever able to imagine the next one. "--Daniel Quinn, The Story of B--
Sage Blackthorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Wandering Ones