on a more entertaining topic

A sci-fi adventure strip by comic book artist Clint Hollingsworth.

Moderator: macclint

on a more entertaining topic

Postby pdxDaniela on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm

I was talking to my brother, we were discussing the economy, real estate, the whole mess. Making it trough it. & then he jokingly brought up 2012!
He was told by his boss about the mayan calendars & prophecies. It seems the mayans predicted the end of the world as we know it. (suppose it could mean all kinda things, not necessarily death & destruction) 12/20/2012, but still end of day scenario, w/movie coming soon. (he said it the trailer is good)
IF you believe it, you can just blow off any thing right now from pesky co-workers to layoffs, after all, in just about three years we wont have to worry about much anymore.
What do you all think? another Y2K?
Good thing you all got your wilderness skills honed up.
pdxDaniela
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: on a more entertaining topic

Postby Timberwood on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:37 pm

While I could be all gloom and doom and quote the Fallout series ("War. War never changes...") I honestly don't believe it'll be war. If it is, it won't be of a nature that has been seen in recent history. But I still highly doubt that it'll be that, just a shift in peoples beliefs.
Kuma

Understand? Good, play!

As I enter this land
of Angels and Demons
I shall not fear
as the light is my guide
and the darkness is my wrath.

"If you don't like this world, change yourself first! If you don't like that idea, close your eyes and ears and live in solitude! If you don't like that either..."
Timberwood
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby pdxDaniela on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:19 pm

I'd have to say. Like Y2K, nothing is going to happen. Things will be just as wonderfull or horrible as they come. 12.21.2012 will roll around. And that will be that.
I also think it is interesting that this whole 2012 thing is not getting much play & I think it is due to this being a non judeo christian prophecy.
Still, I guess we'll see. Worst case scenario...I'll keep faith that Obama & the Dems will be able to tackle it. :rootbeer:
pdxDaniela
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thefop on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:27 am

Everybody knows that in 2012 sudden genetic expression will begin, with elves, dwarves, orks and trolls returning to the world.
Or I might have played a little too much shadowrun in highschool.

In all seriousness, I doubt very much if anything will happen. I'll probably make a plan for fleeing the city anyhow, though, because that's kind of what I *do* (big shock, eh?).
We need wilderness whether or not we ever set foot in it. We need a refuge even though we may not ever need to go there.
thefop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Timberwood on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

thefop wrote:Everybody knows that in 2012 sudden genetic expression will begin, with elves, dwarves, orks and trolls returning to the world.
Or I might have played a little too much shadowrun in highschool.
Wait.. You mean you think they left?! ;)
Kuma

Understand? Good, play!

As I enter this land
of Angels and Demons
I shall not fear
as the light is my guide
and the darkness is my wrath.

"If you don't like this world, change yourself first! If you don't like that idea, close your eyes and ears and live in solitude! If you don't like that either..."
Timberwood
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Storm Crow on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 am

" But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. "

My grandmother was convinced that the Rapture was going to occur in 2000. She tried to set up a bank account so that we could access her money when she was raptured and we were not. We're both still here.

The end of the world as we know it will come when it comes. It shouldn't take the end of days for your feet to be on the right path, and the end of days should not make your feet falter from the path.

I predict that on December 21, 2012, Helm's Laws will continue to be in effect.

And pdxDaniela, "I'll keep faith that Obama & the Dems will be able to tackle it." I won't get political, but just :roll:
The Wasteland Crow Project: http://wastelandcrow.blogspot.com

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

Visit a new blog that a friend and I set up to share our thoughts and projects:

http://shareourcampfire.blogspot.com/

My new blog dedicated to the metalwork that I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com
Storm Crow
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby macclint on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

I prefer the melodic stylings of Doris Day.

"Que Sera sera, what ever will be will be..."

and Obi Wan Kenobi...

"Of course, You must do what you feel is right...."
Clint Hollingsworth

"‘Comics will break your heart." Jack "King" Kirby

The Wandering Ones webcomic

Shin Kage, Warrior of the Mountainworld
macclint
Keenspot Despot

Postby pdxDaniela on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:09 pm

not into star wars, espcecially after the jar jar binks, phantom 1 thing. But che sara, sara is one of my fave. I love when ned flanders sings it waiting for a comet.
again, personally, i dont think a thing out of the ordinary will hap. :lol:
d
pdxDaniela
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Wandering Ones