Why do you mock the young?

Cannot be described through mere words.

Moderator: broberds

Postby broberds on Thu Jan 03, 2002 3:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Cowell:
<B>Bob, why do you mock the young?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cuz they <I>need</I> mocking.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>
Is it because of the bitter realization that your own youth has escaped you?
I know that's why I do it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P>well yeah, that too. <P>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>
P.S. Is it wrong to read Snopes just to find good stories to tell you coworkers? "It's true! I swear to god! Tell your friends!"</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I find I don't have to. My coworkers automatically fall for every stupid rumor that comes along. The require no prodding.<P>------------------
Bob Roberds
<A HREF="http://www.soaprope.com" TARGET=_blank>Soap on a Rope</A><p>[This message has been edited by broberds (edited 01-03-2002).]
broberds
Keenspot Despot

Postby Andy Cowell on Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:02 am

Bob, why do you mock the young? Is it because of the bitter realization that your own youth has escaped you?
I know that's why I do it.<P>P.S. Is it wrong to read Snopes just to find good stories to tell you coworkers? "It's true! I swear to god! Tell your friends!"
Andy Cowell
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shepherd on Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:47 am

Working with really stupid people actually happened to a friend of my aunt's once.<P>------------------
Matt Shepherd
Writer, <A HREF="http://manmancomics.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Man-Man Comics</A>
Shepherd
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby NornaGest on Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:52 am

Mocking youth is the <B>priveledge</B> of age!<P>Whether they are intrinsicly more stupid than we were is up to endless debate (by which time they might join us).<P>I don't actually see any signifigant differences, myself.
NornaGest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildcat4Ever! on Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broberds:
<B> I find I don't have to. My coworkers automatically fall for every stupid rumor that comes along. The require no prodding.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I just got laid off from a job like that two months back, and o/~ I dooon't missss iiiiit! o/~<P>But I sure don't envy you either. o.o<P>W4E
Wildcat4Ever!
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ZedPower on Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broberds:
<B>Cuz they <I>need</I> mocking.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's true, that's so very true. I was reading the archives the other day, and I thought "That's right! I'm really <I>that</I> stupid!" And I laughed, because it was funny, and true.<P>Then I remembered the eighties. And I wept.<P>(Weeping is so much classier than crying.)
ZedPower
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby broberds on Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZedPower:
<B> <P>(Weeping is so much classier than crying.)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, but you know what's even classier? Farting.
Or so I keep telling myself.
<P>------------------
Bob Roberds
<A HREF="http://www.soaprope.com" TARGET=_blank>Soap on a Rope</A>
broberds
Keenspot Despot

Return to Soap on a Rope