A small suggestion...

The official message board of involuntary celibacy.

Moderators: Aaron M. Holm, esquire, PostProductionPrincess

A small suggestion...

Postby Trollroot on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:13 am

Could I direct peoples attention to another strip, the "Knights of the Dinner Table" and their website?

http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

This is not to plug another comic, but to point out the "KODT IDEA SEARCH" potion of their forums.

Many of the storylines in this highly successfull comic book have originated here. With fans suggesting what they'd like to see, and the creators running with it, often inserting their own twists.

Could a sticky thread for stories, ideas and new characters be an option for getting Mr. Holms creative juices flowing?

Just for starters, it seems that where the Knights are archetypes of roleplayers, there should be archetypes of college students around Joe. There are many of those that haven't been explored yet.
Trollroot
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: A small suggestion...

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:57 am

Trollroot wrote:Many of the storylines in this highly successfull comic book have originated here. With fans suggesting what they'd like to see, and the creators running with it, often inserting their own twists.

Could a sticky thread for stories, ideas and new characters be an option for getting Mr. Holms creative juices flowing?

Just for starters, it seems that where the Knights are archetypes of roleplayers, there should be archetypes of college students around Joe. There are many of those that haven't been explored yet.

Truth be told, I have no problem with that at all... I think it's a good idea. Considering that fan input is what led to the creation of Gwen, and ultimately, the end of the horrible, misery-shrouded Joe Average of old.

Though I should point out that my creative juices have been sorta reduced. While I still have the bulk of creative control of the strip, the task of writing is now largely under the control of the future Mrs. Holm. However, at the risk of putting words in her lovely mouth, I don't think that this would be a huge problem for her, either. :)
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Joe Average