Bloodlark

Better than a bag full of severed heads, especially if the bag leaks.

Moderator: Eight

Bloodlark

Postby theprman on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am

whatever happened to it? I know Eight's said he isn't finishing it but why'd you pull it down?
theprman
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Bloodlark

Postby Eight on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:30 pm

someone else brought this up recently, too.
I'm probably going to make a section for it and run its archives with smarchive since they're all in dated format.

hmm, cute fact: BL began on 2001 - 11 - 08
he lives in a box in the alley..
Eight
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theprman on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 am

sweet, that was a nice series.
theprman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Eight on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:44 am

it had a lot of parallels to Sephen, actually.

they both lasted around the same number of strips.. roughly 60 or so.. and they both stopped at some pinnacle where a powerful antagonist was introduced to hinder the story. After having some experience with this, I've called it 'writing myself into a box'. The story gets too serious or unbalanced and the chore of trying to write my way out of the box on top of trying to have things 'return to normal' is a bit too much for me, so I put it on hiatus... and then... I.... never get back to it..... and it dies from neglect.

RW3 had this happen when Rio Rysath just had to reappear for some reason just to fuck with the cast. She survived and could very well have escaped the story entirely but nooooooo she had to follow them and sneak onto the ship and start attempting to murder the cast one by one. Fuck, RW3 could have been completely different.

anyway,
http://eightland.com/bloodlark BloodLark should be active again.

There are a lot of other comics I've removed before, for whatever reason. Upon request, I may put them back online, or zip them and send the url privately to select people.

An example would be Deprivation Abuse, which was a bit too personal, and was experimentally written explicitly under the conditions of extreme sleep deprivation.
Eight
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eight on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:35 pm

...also revised Cruel Fate into smarchive formatting since keenspot seems to no longer be hosting it.

Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten any responses from Chris or Teri Crosby about the status of my website after the apparent dissolving of Keenspot (with the best intentions of course to allow the bigger comics to strike it out on their own) so the fate of this entire site is in a questionable state... it's still running, and I'm keeping it maintained, but I have no idea where it's going.
Eight
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eightland