High Council

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

High Council

Postby Milton Bradley on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:16 am

Today's comic may be the first in which Chris sounds like the most intelligent person in the room.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dezro on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 am

What about the ones with Baby Bush?
Where did that come from?
Dezro
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Milton Bradley on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Good point. Still, it's not often he plays the straight-man. In the last panel he sounds more like Boardy than anyone else!
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby J. on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 pm

He kind of played straight man to his childhood best friend who killed someone.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:03 am

Maybe Chris ruins civilisations by battling cultural traditions that we would find atrocious, because Crosby Brand Comics can't resist commenting on the Bush administration.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 am

You see? Now he wants to blow up a planet just to make sure he meets a friend in the past. MORE PROOF of the anti-Bush agenda.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby qwerts on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:17 am

I think it's a parody of parodies of the Bush administration, but what do I know...
Currently being Mean to YOU.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Milton Bradley on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:31 pm

Ringading wrote:You see? Now he wants to blow up a planet just to make sure he meets a friend in the past. MORE PROOF of the anti-Bush agenda.

Ha! It looks like Chris didn't even TRY to (or pretend to) improve the alien culture, which kind of hurts your theory.

Which just goes to show that in Superosity characters act so insanely that their actions could never quite qualify for political commentary. Even Baby Bush's actions so erratic, ugly, and disgusting that he hardly looks like the real man. I mean, Baby Bush vomited in Chris's face and talks like an imbecile.

I agree with Qwertz--Superosity is a parody of parodies. Chris Crosby one-ups every parody and political satire. For instance, instead of drawing average caricatures, every one of the celebrities he draws look and act like grotesque irrational monsters. Hilariously, he even does this to non-controversial celebrities like Paul Fusco.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 pm

So anyway, I don't really like neenish tarts all that much but when at the pastry store I always seem to ask for one because I really like to say their name.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm

You could say "neenish tarts" whenever you want. Alternately, you could say to the pastry shopkeeper, "I would like a donut rather than a neenish tart." You have not provided sufficient reason for your ordering of inferior pastry. :x
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:43 pm

You can't just go about wantonly slipping additives into your sentences. There are rules of oratory which must be observed lest a higher being notice your transgression and weave a stigma upon you.

However, you have given me a great idea. If one were to coin the word "neenish" as an adjective of some sort, one could go to one of those sleazy night club places and point out one of the underdressed females to somebody and say "my, she appears to be a rather neenish tart."
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Return to Superosity