Doctor Who

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Doctor Who

Postby Ringading on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:43 pm

The season premiere of Doctor Who was fine, but there are already hints of a germinating romance and that annoys me. Being on his last few regenerations with the rest of his species extinct is no reason to start getting all hormonal.

Has USA started unfairly getting Doctor Who at the same time as England, or did you [Chris Crosby] obtain a viewing on the sly like I did? Maybe we shared data on the same torrent! If I were you I'd go for a quick medical checkup just in case.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Chris Crosby on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 am

It's a new rule that The Doctor has to kiss all of his companions now just to keep the girls watching.

I teleport myself to England regularly just to watch DOCTOR WHO. And LIFE ON MARS. And TORCHWOOD. And EXTRAS. And THE IT CROWD. And DARKPLACE.

Lots of teleporting.
Chris Crosby
KeenAdmin

Postby Ringading on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:16 am

Life on Mars is very good... and so is the show of that name! Because at the start of that sentence I was in fact unexpectedly referring to the actual act of living on the planet Mars.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dezro on Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:38 am

I don't watch anything British anymore that doesn't involve Chris Morris.

Not because I'm avoiding the shows or anything, that's just how it works out.
Where did that come from?
Dezro
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Chris Crosby on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 am

Chris Morris is in THE IT CROWD. And pretty darn hilarious in it.

Did you know NBC is doing an American version of THE IT CROWD? (Or a pilot, at least.) Richard Ayoade (Moss aka DEAN LEARNER HIMSELF) was the only person from the British series to reprise his role. Good thinking, NBC, as that guy may be the funniest man alive.

I wish NBC would do a Dean Learner series, also. IT CROWD and DEAN LEARNER could be two 15-minute shows that run back to back.
Chris Crosby
KeenAdmin

the mighty boooosh

Postby RevSam on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:32 am

chris thank you for introducing me to darkplace and its assorted british goodness, it changed my life.

but have you seen the mighty boosh? because you have to it is amazing.
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dezro on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am

Chris, until you mentioned that I was going to ignore IT Crowd US forever.

But now I have to watch every second!
Where did that come from?
Dezro
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ringading on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:42 am

I was watching a Micallef DVD I have and it occurred to me that since you like Darkplace so much you might like David McGahan/Ghan who is similar to Garth Marenghi. He's not an author, but funded the production of his own medical drama, courtroom drama and series of documentaries.

Then I realised that, although I'm unfamiliar with Dean Learner Man to Man, some comparative appeal might be found in Micallef's superior work in which he plays a variety show host conducting fake interviews, speaking to the audience, and presenting other tidbits.

Then I was creeped out by the parallels between the two strains of comedic evolution and decided not to post anything about it.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby MrLeffel on Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:22 am

IT CROWD is AWESOME, Dean Lerner is awesome if you don't sleep through all of it like I did (no connection to the actual show I was tired) and Darkplace was almost 3 Babies on my 3 Babies is Really Cool scale of Rating.

Doctor Who!

Y'all notice the new 'MASH-like' theme where Doc is all 'man,
did Trapper John make me all warm inside and gay and such'
and then there's ol' B.J. Honeycutt sitting next to him all
sad and pouty. Well heck next thing you know she'll eat a Tardis
piece by piece until she can get sent home because she thinks
shes a woman. theykilledradarsbunnytoseeifhotlipsgotpreggers.
MrLeffel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:11 am

It's a compelling theory, but I fail to see how a MASH up of the Gridlock episode would pan out. Except maybe that Radar guy who was also Dougle and was always the first to detect a choking pedestrian.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Chris Crosby on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:27 am

"Gridlock" may be my favorite WHO episode ever. And not just because it has a CAT DOUGAL in it. But that definitely put it over the top.
Chris Crosby
KeenAdmin

Postby MrLeffel on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:29 am

Ringading wrote:It's a compelling theory, but I fail to see how a MASH up of the Gridlock episode would pan out. Except maybe that Radar guy who was also Dougle and was always the first to detect a choking pedestrian.

Giant f'in crabs are the koreans. DUH.

EVERYTHING IS M*A*S*H* OKAY!?!?!?!??

*edit: I was being a rude, thoughtless little Dalek slave.*
MrLeffel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:40 pm

Utopia was super duper even if it doesn't link up with the last episode of Torchwood as neatly as one would expect. 'Twas a double serving of awe on toast, methinks.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

LIFE ON UTOPIA

Postby Chris Crosby on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:01 am

You can say that again. It was one of the most awesome hours of television ever produced in the history of mankind.
Chris Crosby
KeenAdmin

Postby Ringading on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:08 am

Without giving too much away, I think the season as a whole was the best of the three new ones but the final episode was a bit disappointing after the buildup. It had good bits, and I liked the main villain's mania, but I don't like the idea that he was effectively traumatised as a child and the eventual defeat of his plot involved two unsatisfying cop outs.

I know the previous two seasons ended with similar cop outs (I should have said "deus ex machina" to sound smart... damn), but at least last year it wasn't a flawless victory.

Still, on either side of the dilemma being rectified it was entertaining. A sparsely populated webcomic message board seems the best place to engrave that fact.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Return to Superosity