So...

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Postby theangryQ on Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:55 pm

Oops.
Last edited by theangryQ on Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crime is down and, oddly enough, so is tourism.
theangryQ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TODCRAProductions on Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:44 pm

Vangelis also did the soundtrack to Blade Runner. (I also thought Vangelis was, like, a dude rather than a band.).

I suppose I should probably object to the lumping in of Wendy Carlos to those, considering she was responsible for the Switched on Bach series (not to mention she was on "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Peter and the Wolf"), although I don't really know what she's been doing in the era of Digital Synthesizers, and my dislike of DigiSynths (except for the new analog modelling ones which are great, like the Nord) makes me wonder what interesting stuff could be done with them (even though I know the answer, mainly Mark MOthersbaugh's Muzik For Insomniaks series, which I admittedly don't really bust out a whole lot).
TODCRAProductions
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theangryQ on Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:48 pm

SBernard81 wrote:CASHIERS: BLAMELESS INNOCENTS? a play by steve bernard

Richy McEvil laughs like one of the heathens in a Jack Chick tract. Was that intentional? Cause it works, man.

I'm really going to miss this summer job, I think. I work for a small business, locally owned. The owner and manager are NEVER in the store. I don't get reprimanded for anything. They love me for some inexplicable reason, too, which is very happy. And, well, you know that line from Clerks, "This job would be great if it weren't for the customers"? We get very, very few customers. The few customers we do get aren't very bright sometimes ("How much does this cost?" "Well sir, there's a price list on the HUGE NEON SIGN two inches away from the product.")
Last edited by theangryQ on Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crime is down and, oddly enough, so is tourism.
theangryQ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SBernard81 on Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:24 pm

Richy McEvil laughs like one of the heathens in a Jack Chick tract. Was that intentional? Cause it works, man.

Well, I think I was going for a "oil corporation owner in a cowboy hat who has a limosine with bull horns on it" laugh, but sure, heathens are good too. God bless you, Jack T. Chick!

Did you know that you're going to hell? Because you are! Yay!

Hooray for hell! :D
SBernard81
Keenspot Despot

Postby LCARS on Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:45 am

TODCRAProductions wrote:Vangelis also did the soundtrack to Blade Runner. (I also thought Vangelis was, like, a dude rather than a band.)

Have you seen how much he's charging for tickets for his concerts in Italy? His profit margin is obscene.
LCARS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TODCRAProductions on Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:25 pm

I've thought about picking that up, actually. That one(Sonic Seasoning)'s primarily original material[1], isn't it?

[1] This is not to slight in any way her arrangements of classical pieces, as that takes a lot of talent and effort and all that, and really, I think her versions of classical songs could probably be considered "original material" as well, or at least just shy of same.
TODCRAProductions
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SBernard81 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:51 am

I thought I would just say that I had never seen the movie Brazil before, but Thing-Fish mentioning it on this board inspired me to rent it, and that movie is all kinds of good. I don't know why I'd never heard of it before. Wow.
SBernard81
Keenspot Despot

Postby TODCRAProductions on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:19 pm

I love Terry Gilliam, but I didn't so much dig the Fisher King that much. Although, I just have something against Robin Williams, I think, because, well, it takes a _lot_ to get over that hurdle. I haven't seen Fisher King in a long time, so maybe I'd like it more now, but I don't know.

But yes, Brazil is utterly brilliant. I'm a big fan of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, too. And 12 Monkeys is pretty enjoyable, but it's not his best or anything.
TODCRAProductions
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to Superosity