crimes against humanity

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

crimes against humanity

Postby Milton Bradley on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Just when you think a Superosity character fits neatly into a particular trope, he/she breaks it by doing something horribly alarming. For example, just when we think Waroney is a lovable scamp who always gets himself into hilarious scrapes, we find out that he has murdered a baby.

It got me wondering--is it not the case that EVERY Superosity character has committed a crime against humanity? I would wager that it is. I propose we list every example we can think of in this thread. If my theory holds up, I predict that Superosity will end with an alien tribunal sentencing the entire cast to hard labor for their crimes!
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: crimes against humanity

Postby Ringading on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Milton Bradley wrote:If my theory holds up, I predict that Superosity will end...

You foresee a woeful future.

I can't think of anything really, except of course for Chris' repeated acts of genocide and Mask's delight in torturing sentient mice to death.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:44 am

Bobby beat a girl until her face required plastic surgery.

Didn't Chris kidnap the king of the sun and keep him under his bed? I think that's a violation of human rights. And Boardy helped, so he's complicit.

Barton has probably done something horrible, because he's horrible. He keeps a sentient board as his slave, so there's a thing.

Snap has no moral compass. Surely he's exploited someone in an extreme way. Same thing with Moneybags and Mr. Richman.

Arcadia and Giz will be more of a stretch. If I can find examples for them, my theory will be rock solid.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Arcadia is a lawyer. It is the ultimate crime against humanity.

Beating the shit out of somebody isn't a crime against humanity, even if it's a girl. I don't think it would have been a crime against humanity even if the girl had been pretty, but at least then it would have been bad enough to be featured on the news.

This leads to an interesting possibility: for all his bluster, are Bobby's active moral transgressions perhaps less severe than those of most or even all other Superosity characters?
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Technically none of the acts I described are crimes against humanity because they aren't systematic or widespread. I probably should have said that the characters have all violated human rights.

Ringading wrote:This leads to an interesting possibility: for all his bluster, are Bobby's active moral transgressions perhaps less severe than those of most or even all other Superosity characters?

I've wondered this. Maybe Bobby will be the only one acquitted by the alien tribunal.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:37 am

Thus proving once and for all his theory that everybody else is a horrible idiot.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Return to Superosity