Why You Read Superosity

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Why You Read Superosity

Postby Milton Bradley on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Good day gentlemen (And...women? Do any ladies visit this forum?). I, like some of you, have checked Superosity every day throughout the aughties. After all this time, it is still one of the first things I type in my address box. The purpose of this thread is simple: to state what it is that has kept us coming back for the wacky hi-jinks. What is that essence that is so divine, that has kept us a faithful band of Superositite brothers (and sisters?) throughout all the laughter and the tears? In short, why do you read Superosity?

I will start: I read Superosity because it appeals to the twelve year old boy in me. The twelve year old boy in me is a big fan.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Why You Read Superosity

Postby Ringading on Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't oppose the right for male pregnancy, but do feel you need to give birth to that child at some point. Twelve years is just far too long.

I read it for the madcap humour, the screwball characters, the twists on real reality to create a fake reality which realise the reality of reality. It manages to carve out a unique niche for itself that nothing else could possibly fill. It manages to find pop culture references that nobody else even thinks to make. Obscure little inclusions that often go over my head and seem like appropriate choices only in retrospect rather than the commonplace references that would readily occur to the most witless dope. It masters absurd juxtaposition without ever coming across as simply throwing random elements together. It has a fine sense of the ridiculous. This is quality stuff, my man.

I also read it because I don't have a girlfriend and have extra time to kill.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Sat May 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I don't oppose the right for male pregnancy, but do feel you need to give birth to that child at some point. Twelve years is just far too long.

Nope. My belly is his foreverhome.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Check out the most Haunted Place in UK

Postby intinygitielp on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 am

I am new to this forum.
I have found a number of really nifty articles here and opted to participate in this forum. Something about me:
I have a website about
Dunstanburgh Castle.

Have a look at the spooks there
Warwick Castle History

[url=http://myscaryg
intinygitielp
Junior Keenspotter

pharmacy jobs california

Postby Eduroruidge on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:40 am

most fullfilling jobs

maintenance engineering jobs
olcc jobs
petland jobs
literacy coordinator jobs
jobs seavus com

Hrdc Student Summer Jobs

http://www.caravaggio.com/fmf/node/3253
Eduroruidge
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:40 am

You know, these spam posts really disappoint me. I see new names expecting some brand new fresh-faced poster offering his or her youthful opinion on Superosity and then am disappointed to discover somebody throwing up vague sentences that make little sense as though that's going to compel somebody to buy something.

Note to lurkers: this place is apparently abandoned by its former regulars. Feel free to start your own thread based on whatever slant you think Superosity fandom should take! Barely comprehensible nonsense is probably not the only mode of appreciation, after all.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Ringading. We may be the last two people on earth willing to give Superosity its due respect and reverence. This board has entered into a Superocolypse, if you will.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:01 pm

It is such a mighty shame. When I came here all those years ago to rate Mask's girlfriend, little did I know I would be one of the last left standing. Such a mighty shame.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Milton Bradley on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 pm

The only way to make up for it is to become the best possible Superosity fans ever possible.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 pm

To get a start on this I got my best T-Shirt and wrote "Superosity" across the front of it with a dark texta. Then I wore it while visiting my mother and she said she was very ashamed of me, but I will not let mere filial relations stand in the way of my Superosity fandomship.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby CoreyA on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Ringading wrote:To get a start on this I got my best T-Shirt and wrote "Superosity" across the front of it with a dark texta. Then I wore it while visiting my mother and she said she was very ashamed of me, but I will not let mere filial relations stand in the way of my Superosity fandomship.

This is a good start, but you shouldn't neglect your filial duty. Tell your mother why she should be a Superosity fan as well. Help her along by writing "Superosity" on all of her clothing. Alter her vocal chords so that the only word she can pronounce is "Superosity." These are things that need doing if the world is to ever improve.
CoreyA
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Milton Bradley on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Whoever destroys the most treasured relationships for the sake of Superosity is, by definition, the greatest fan.

I thought about getting a Superosity tattoo, but then realized that I'd get the word out better if I gave other people Superosity tattoos against their wishes.
Milton Bradley
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Superosity