Seinfeld

The webcomic that hates you secretly, and for good reason.

Moderator: Chris Crosby

Seinfeld

Postby Ringading on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:10 am

Here we can say things about Seinfeld, including your opinion of the later seasons if that is the type of thing you want to say. Such a discussion will not be off topic here.

Remember that episode where Kramer was all "a nigger look there's a nigger! oo!"? That was edgy stuff at the time.

"I don't see a white boy. I see a damn fool!"

"This shocks you. It shocks you. Or is it so sane that you just blew your mind?"

Then there was that other episode where Jerry went on a date with Superman to see a musical about Ohio. That wasn't too bad, but the product placement was a little too obvious for my liking.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Re: Seinfeld

Postby Redunzel on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Yeah, that one was the beginning of the end. The episode where he's talking to Bill Gates about Microsoft's products wasn't even funny. Almost as bad as that episode where he was dreaming that he turned into a Bee after being hit on the head with a coconut (not sure about that last part, but I'm assuming something like that happened in that episode).
Redunzel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RevSam on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm

you guys are actually talking about things that didn't actually happen in the show seinfield

ps i really like seinfield, even (and sometimes especially) the later seasons
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Redunzel on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Um, I think we were being sarcastic. Weren't we? :shifty:
Redunzel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RevSam on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:18 pm

dude whatever this thread is called seinfeld not commercials and an extremely unfortunate event
RevSam
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 pm

I am never anything but deadly serious.

And, uh, RevSam... this is the Superman date episode and I don't know about you but that looks like Seinfeld to me.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby J. on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Do any of you fools know why Seinfeld went to the dogs towards the end?

Because Larry David stopped writing!

Curb Your Enthusiasm rules!
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Redunzel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 pm

My fav episode was the one where he went on tour with that one really whiny annoying commedian, it was like a feature length special shot documentary style, with even a cameo from Bill Cosby! They never seem to play it on reruns, though...
Redunzel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm

One thing I never got about Seinfeld was the "show about nothing" bit that people kept going on about. How was it a show about nothing? It had a consistent premise and each episode had distinct plot. That is not nothing, nor is it unusual. Sitcoms such as The Lucy Show and The Honeymooners are just as much about "nothing" as Seinfeld. Some seasons of Seinfeld even had an overarching story! What's up with that?

And what's the deal with airline food? It's like that stuff is produced within the limited constraints of a contained area. Or what about Ovaltine, have you ever tried that stuff? The can is round, the glass is round... they should call it Roundtine.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby MrLeffel on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 am

Redunzel wrote:My fav episode was the one where he went on tour with that one really whiny annoying commedian, it was like a feature length special shot documentary style, with even a cameo from Bill Cosby! They never seem to play it on reruns, though...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND FOR SOME REASON THAT WHINY MAN GETS WORK
MrLeffel
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Redunzel on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Ringading wrote:One thing I never got about Seinfeld was the "show about nothing" bit that people kept going on about. How was it a show about nothing? It had a consistent premise and each episode had distinct plot.

If you watch very early episodes, it seemed to fit that tagline a little more.
Redunzel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby J. on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I only just saw the finale last night.

SPOILERS:THEY WENT TO JAIL FOR ONE YEAR WTF?
J.
Keenspot Despot

Return to Superosity