I've been thinking...

It's funnier if you're drunk.

Moderator: John Myers

I've been thinking...

Postby John Myers on Wed May 14, 2003 6:02 am

I've decided I'm going to start drawing new comics again. Probably won't be daily, maybe one a week for a while or something... but I definitely am going to start drawing new comics...

Read on if you have any interest in why I disappeared for the last year...

Last July, I was tagged for a lay-off at my "day job", and it hit me pretty hard. I quit drawing comics and got serious about the issue of losing my job (and more importantly, my income). I planned to restart the comic in the fall, but I was having no luck in finding a new job, and things were getting financially worse for me. Well, I finally found a job and started working in December of 2002, but my hours were weird, and mentally, I just wasn't ready to jump back into doing comics... anyhoo, now with summer approaching, I just feel like I'm ready to start drawing some new stuff...

So, like I said, there should be some new comics showing up soon...

For those who sent me emails over the last year, thanks for your encouragement...

Oh, and just to prove that everything in my life hasn't been a complete suckfest... my wife just gave birth to our second child on Thursday May 8th... Erin Nicole was 8 lbs 14 ozs, 21 inches long, and beautiful, just like her dear ol' dad... She appears to also have inherited my modesty as well...

peace out...
John Myers
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: I've been thinking...

Postby TeraSPLAT on Thu May 15, 2003 4:28 pm

John Myers wrote:I've decided I'm going to start drawing new comics again. Probably won't be daily, maybe one a week for a while or something... but I definitely am going to start drawing new comics...

EXELLENT! Woo! It'll be great to see you back.

Congratualtions on Erin, too - nothing like a new, screaming, squalling, pooing, whinging, vomiting uh.. um. Yeah. Anyway. Babies are great and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

--Rob
<a href="http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20020220.html" target=_new> TeraSPLAT</a>
TeraSPLAT
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kozmo on Fri May 16, 2003 8:20 am

This is great news. Since Mr Chuck went away, I lapsed back into my heroin and varnish sniffing habit. I now have reason to look ahead and get over this latest addiction and clean up.

I'll be on the lookout...
kozmo
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby John Myers on Sun May 18, 2003 3:20 pm

Well, I had a new comic all drawn up and ready to go, but as things sometimes happen in this crazy world, my scanner has decided that it isn't working. My limited understanding of home electronics seems to indicate that the power supply was apparently knocked out of commision , probably during one of the recent thunder storms that have been rolling through this spring... I haven't actually used the scanner since last year sometime... so, I am going to contact HP tomorrow, and have them send me a new ac adapter... until then, no new comics, but I will keep drawing them... in fact, everytime I get a new one done, I'll mention it here...

Stay tuned...

later,
john
John Myers
Keenspotter Supreme

Woohoo!

Postby stimpy on Wed May 21, 2003 8:30 am

I joined the forum just now just to say that!
stimpy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gilmoure on Wed May 21, 2003 4:33 pm

Don't suppose you checked out the Never-Ending Story? If you haven't, don't! It'll make your eyes bleed and your scanner fail.

Doh! I was too late.
Gilmoure
Junior Keenspotter

Postby John Myers on Fri May 23, 2003 5:29 am

I ordered the new power supply on Monday, so that should be in soon... I also finished another comic... If the planets line up properly, I should have something new up next week sometime...
John Myers
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Mr. Chuck Show