A site worth checking out...

It's funnier if you're drunk.

Moderator: John Myers

Postby John Myers on Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:46 am

<A HREF="http://www.shaneglines.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.shaneglines.com</A> <P>If you've never been there, let me tell you, this guy is an incredible artist. It will especially appeal to you if you're a fan of the female form. And after you've looked through his work (there is quite a lot), be sure to head over to is "Drawing board" discussion area. The talent hanging around that place will blow you away...<P>now excuse me while I go practice drawing girls...
John Myers
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tzunami on Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:21 am

O... k...<P>we can always see some peopleadvertise their site on some boards, but seeing the Mod of the boards saying something along the lines "go elsewhere" isn't quite common ;-)<P>But it *is* good artwork though (not that I don't like your's John... you would just kick my arse in a drawing contest)<P>Keep up the good work and hope to see some more of your creative ways to make fun of Ned or Tubby. :-D<P><P>------------------
"I see they trained you well back home."
"Yeah, well, they said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger."
"And?"
"I'm not repressed anymore." -- Lennier and Marcus
Tzunami
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Hans P. IceBat on Thu Mar 14, 2002 9:22 am

That's nuthin'. Check THIS out:

http://www.mrchuckshow.com/monkey_love.gif
Hans P. IceBat
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tzunami on Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:36 pm

hey... looks like my wish came true... almost of whole week of Ned and the fat Tubby!!! :grin:

But... is it only coincidence??? :eek:

*x-file theme song in the background*

... by the way, don't really like that new board... if at least it would put the threads ordered by last post date.
"I see they trained you well back home."
"Yeah, well, they said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger."
"And?"
"I'm not repressed anymore." -- Lennier and Marcus
Tzunami
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby haemon78 on Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:43 pm

On 2002-03-14 09:22, Hans P. IceBat wrote:
That's nuthin'. Check THIS out:

http://www.mrchuckshow.com/monkey_love.gif

Is there any way I can get this on a shirt?
haemon78
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John Myers on Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:32 am

If I made it, there is ALWAYS a way to get it on a shirt. Just so you guys know, if anyone ever wants something on a shirt or what not, all they need to do is send me an email letting me know. I complete all of my comics at a very high resolution before shrinking them, and it only takes me a few minutes (in general) to set up a t-shirt. Haemon, I'll get back with you...

And another thing, don't you just hate it when someone uses the phrase "or what not"...
John Myers
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby El SillY on Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:10 am

On 2002-03-15 05:32, John Myers wrote:
And another thing, don't you just hate it when someone uses the phrase "or what not"...

Nope, what I do hate is the usage of the phrase "don't you just hate..." cause it is a very leading question, it makes the person (in most cases) you ask zoom in on the bad things and ignore the good things. Shame on you Mr Myers.

-El SillY, I'll shut up now, no! please! Don't beat me! *thump* ouchie...
Cheese can be your special friend.
El SillY
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby haemon78 on Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:46 am

On 2002-03-15 05:32, John Myers wrote:
If I made it, there is ALWAYS a way to get it on a shirt. Just so you guys know, if anyone ever wants something on a shirt or what not, all they need to do is send me an email letting me know. I complete all of my comics at a very high resolution before shrinking them, and it only takes me a few minutes (in general) to set up a t-shirt. Haemon, I'll get back with you...

Much appreciation. I think it'd be a great shirt to wear while teaching my lab. I think "monkey sex" references increase an instructor's "street cred".

Also, as a frequent "whatnot" user, I can't throw stones there, but I do harbor strong feelings of enmity for the following buzzwords:

-"lessons learned"
-"take it offline"
- to "do diligence" (verb tense)

There are many others, but I've thankfully purged them from memory, at least for the time being. Naturally, I'm also an enemy of the fictitious word "supposibly".
haemon78
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:23 pm

On 2002-03-15 11:46, haemon78 wrote:
Also, as a frequent "whatnot" user, I can't throw stones there, but I do harbor strong feelings of enmity for the following buzzwords:

-"lessons learned"
-"take it offline"
- to "do diligence" (verb tense)

There are many others, but I've thankfully purged them from memory, at least for the time being. Naturally, I'm also an enemy of the fictitious word "supposibly".

I actually prefer "whatnot" to "and stuff", myself. and is the correct (as in, 'supposed to be) phrase "due diligence"?

supposible is only topped in my book my the Presidential favorite "nucular".
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby haemon78 on Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:11 pm

On 2002-03-15 13:23, Major Tom wrote:
and is the correct (as in, 'supposed to be) phrase "due diligence"?

See, I always thought so, too. Apparently, it's both. According to Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, to "do one's diligence" means "to exert one's self; to make interested and earnest endeavor." However, according to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary online, "due diligence" is defined as "the care that a reasonable person exercises under the circumstances to avoid harm to other persons or their property."

Personally, I think Webster needs to consult with Ma'am and George and get it straight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: haemon78 on 2002-03-18 15:19 ]</font>
haemon78
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Mr. Chuck Show