snarfles.

Where insanity is a sacred gift and stitches are cool.

Moderator: Paul Southworth

Postby Xenodochium on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:52 am

'I have fairies in my pants'...
Okay, just making sure you were paying some attention. It is 6:41, past my appointed time at the Cool Beans cafe this morning, but also, I forgot in my haste of typing with shaky fingers and amazingly probably not misspelling a thing...
About the parallax thing; galaxies are billions of light years away, since we know from... actually various measurements. Now, how did the light from those stars (light travels a year per light year) get here if it hadn't been travelling for billions of years?

Ennyywweeeyyyyy... I just forgot that. It looked too dumb without it. I shall go now.. it is 6:43 now and I need my chai and a nice book at the table in the nice sunny window where I once saw John Ratzenburger, best known for 'Cheers.' I actually went up to him and talked with him and two crew members for a few seconds but they got in their RVs and drove away. No, I didn't drive them away from my 'most scenic town in the state' which explains why they were there with a camera. They had to go exploring for small-town settings elsewhere.
Anyway, I talk too much and weird stuff happens all the time. Well, bye.

Prof. Kwayn 'Caffeine if my friend' Xenophon.
"Of course I have an imaginary friend! His name is Bernie!"
"You know Bernie?"

The story behind the pic: 'Patchwork Willy' is my avatar, 12" framed, and on my wall now. I just happened to be next to him when he yawned. This fairgoing alpaca's color picture won me my third 4-H trip to the State Fair in a row way back when! I showed Willy my 'Best in Show plaque.' He wasn't thrilled. (Yes, it IS in focus, by some fluke, trust me.) 'Adventures With Adjustable Cameras' Woo. No one told me you had to be competent with a camera AND have people skills! That was my only downfall. So much for bribing the judges.
WHAT?!?! It's the right size, right amount of pixels, and I entered in jpg, png, and gif versions! Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!!?!? Until you do, I won't change/shorten this!
Xenodochium
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Xenodochium on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:45 am

'There are fairies in my pants.'
Just seeing if you were still paying attention.

One part of the above did actually look kinda dumb because one thing was left out; the stars are known to be so far away from us by parallax and other methods. Billions of light years. One light year is how far light can travel in a year. Therefore, the light coming from the stars is billions of years old.

Eeenyyweeyyy... that's all I have to say, probably.

Kwayn 'Loves to Keep it Real' Xenophon.

Finally, I hope this posting business works again. I am back from my 6 a.m. coffee jaunt, from the very same joint I saw John Ratzenberger from, which led to talking to him before he escaped into his RV. I guess they were in our scenic little town because it's about the best-restored in the state.
"You know Bernie?"

The story behind the pic: 'Patchwork Willy' is my avatar, 12" framed, and on my wall now. I just happened to be next to him when he yawned. This fairgoing alpaca's color picture won me my third 4-H trip to the State Fair in a row way back when! I showed Willy my 'Best in Show plaque.' He wasn't thrilled. (Yes, it IS in focus, by some fluke, trust me.) 'Adventures With Adjustable Cameras' Woo. No one told me you had to be competent with a camera AND have people skills! That was my only downfall. So much for bribing the judges.
WHAT?!?! It's the right size, right amount of pixels, and I entered in jpg, png, and gif versions! Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!!?!? Until you do, I won't change/shorten this!
Xenodochium
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Xenodochium on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:48 am

... whoops, I mean 7 am. It opens at 6:30 anyway. Not keepin it real in my zombie-like state. I wonder why it said my former second post said it didn't get posted and erased the message? Hm. Okay... GOODBYE FOREVER!
In this thread. >:^) Mua ha ha!
"You know Bernie?"

Xenodochium
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Krazy Larry