What did you get for (Insert holiday here)?

It will always live on in our hearts. And other vital organs contained within our eventually-dead bodies.

Moderator: jeffrey rowland

Postby The Bob Talbot on Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:42 am

Maybe Santa Claus brought you something, or maybe you did weird naked Wiccan things and exchanged carrots. Perhaps you just decided to give L. Ron Hubbard all of your money. Regardless, most of you probably received something from your family and/or friends this holiday season.<P>This thread is for bragging about your gifts, and other various witty banter which you may engage in at your own discretion.<P>'Tis the season to get free shit!<P>So far I've received a shotglass, money, and some cool t-shirts.<P>If my girlfriend's family gets me socks again I'm going to roll around in the floor and cry. They weren't even good socks. THOSE BARBARIANS!!!
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jeffrey rowland on Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:21 am

This year I was far more happy with what I *gave* than got. I gave my sister a printer, my brother a CD burner, and my mom a check for her Xmas expenses.<P>Giving RULES.
jeffrey rowland
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theangryQ on Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Bob Talbot:
<B>maybe you did weird naked Wiccan things and exchanged carrots.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hahaha, oh those wacky non-Christians, with their silly religions that don't involve Jesus!<P>A good friend's family celebrates solstice with the zany, nearly forgotten, crrrazy Pagan tradition of. . .<P>. . . decorating a tree.<P>Really. That's where it comes from.
theangryQ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby brian pelts on Fri Dec 28, 2001 9:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theangryQ:
<B>A good friend's family celebrates solstice with the zany, nearly forgotten, crrrazy Pagan tradition of. . .<P>. . . decorating a tree.<P>Really. That's where it comes from.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No! Next thing you're gonna tell me is that some Biblical scholars say that the birth of Jesus actually took place closer to June or July than December, but that the Christians thought Wiccan Yule kicked so much ass that they'd take it for themselves, sorta like they did with Easter...<P>------------------
"You were so right when you said I've been drinking
What was I thinking when you said good night?"
- Wilco, "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart"<P><A HREF="http://monkeyproject.com" TARGET=_blank>Monkeyproject.com - Beer, Sarcasm, Perfect Hair.</A>
brian pelts
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Inside! We traced the calls and they're coming from inside the house! GET OUT!!

Postby The Bob Talbot on Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:18 am

I was only making an attempt at being humorous, which obviously failed.<P>I probably gave away more for "Christmas" than I got, and as for the "christian" remarks, I am totally aware of all those facts, and I am an atheist.
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jeffrey rowland on Mon Dec 31, 2001 7:34 am

i found it funny, bob. i just started talking about something else.<P>thanks everyone for posting here. effective january 1, this message board will be no more.
jeffrey rowland
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby brian pelts on Mon Dec 31, 2001 7:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffrey rowland:
<B>thanks everyone for posting here. effective january 1, this message board will be no more.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, crap on a stick. And just when I was really hitting a posting groove. Given another six months or so, I really could have gotten up to a whopping 50 posts.<P>Kinda makes me wish I'd actually had anything to say on the previous 44...<P>------------------
"You were so right when you said I've been drinking
What was I thinking when you said good night?" - Wilco, "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart"<P><A HREF="http://monkeyproject.com" TARGET=_blank>Monkeyproject.com - Declare jihad on sobriety.</A>
brian pelts
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Inside! We traced the calls and they're coming from inside the house! GET OUT!!

Postby jeffrey rowland on Mon Dec 31, 2001 10:12 am

you'll still be able to post, my fellow Oklahoma brother. just at a different place.
jeffrey rowland
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Great

Postby Huoliuhi on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 am

bump then lurk as soon as possible
Huoliuhi
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Great

Postby bunnyThor on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Huoliuhi wrote:bump then lurk as soon as possible

Wat? :okthen:
bunnyThor