Poor, poor Jeffrey

It will always live on in our hearts. And other vital organs contained within our eventually-dead bodies.

Moderator: jeffrey rowland

Postby jenday on Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:18 am

I'm sorry your hand hurts you!
jenday
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lanty on Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:13 am

I wholeheartedly agree with the always great Ms. JenDay.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pluginboy.com" TARGET=_blank>Plugin Boy</A><p>[This message has been edited by lanty (edited 12-10-2001).]
lanty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BabyJ on Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:37 am

This is your punishment for March 17th, 1987.
BabyJ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The Bob Talbot on Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:58 am

This is what you get for your rabid, obsessive compulsive 20+ times-a-day masturbation habit.<P>Sinner.
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby efhaynes on Fri Dec 14, 2001 5:43 am

Actually, carpal tunnel syndrome is nothing to play with. It can occur by doing repetitive tasks like keying, using a mouse, or drawing with your hand in a non-neutral position (cupped). There is a hole in your wrist (the carpal tunnel) where nerves travel to enable you to manipulate your hands. Repetitive motion with your hands at an extremely sharp and to your forearm causes the bones of the wrist to rub against these nerves and cause substantial damage. <P>I once worked in a manufacturing plant where my assignment was to design fixtures that reduced the risk of this injury. The biggest thing that you can do is to keep your hand in a neutral position (in line with your forearm) as much as possible. Mousepads with a "wrist rest" help. Drawing on an angled surface may also help. It depends on how you draw.<P>------------------
Gerald<P><A HREF="http://chalkdustcomics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Chalkdust</A>-The educational admninistration of humor.
efhaynes
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to When I Grow Up