Slangin'

It will always live on in our hearts. And other vital organs contained within our eventually-dead bodies.

Moderator: jeffrey rowland

Postby Foiba * on Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:18 am

i say "Sweet Creamy Christ!" a lot.<P>my best lines come from when i'm beating up people in videogames. <P>"Can you sign for this package... because I'm about to deliver a box of PAIN!"<P>"I don't know what they call that in YOUR country but..." or "Now, I'm not a doctor but..."<P>My favorite is "Get off my plane!" (<i>Air Force One</i>), followed by "Get out of my house!" (Harrison Ford using a rocket launcher to shoot a terrorist out the front door in <i>Air Force One Two: Tha White Hizzouse</i>) and "Get out of my car!" (Harrison Ford kicking a terrorist out of the sunroof of his limo in <i>Air Force One Three: Rollin' With Tha Homie</i>)
Foiba *
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:57 am

Thick and Heavy replacing cool and awesome. Can also be used in conjunction with each other.<P>Example:<P>"dude, that was heavy."<P>"no, way, man, it was thick."<P>"It was so thick, it's heavy."<P>"That's heavy thick, man"<P>And so on.<P><P>------------------
Mike Rosenzweig
EverythingJake.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby jeffrey rowland on Fri Oct 12, 2001 7:13 am

The purpose of this topic is twofold:<P>1) Post your own unique colloquialisms, metaphors, similes, etc.<P>2) A place for me to remember all of these said slang expressions (I typically come up with 5 or 6 a week).
__________________________<P>Instead of "flowing like wine" say "flowing like malt liquor at the Freaknik."<P>Instead of "buddy" say "brussel sprout." <i>ex. Get your mitts offa my dandelion wreath, <b>brussel sprout</b>!</i> This can be substituted with "Tiger Lily" as used by Ben Stiller in "Mystery Men."<P>------------------
you don't need pants for the victory dance
jeffrey rowland
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shepherd on Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:15 am

In the CBC-TV airing of "Police Academy," during the infamous combat-training scene, Tackleberry yells (in a very bad dub)
DROP THAT STEREO, EGGROLL, BEFORE I BLOW YOUR GOSH-DARN KNEECAPS OFF.<P>I used to like that until I moved to the city, where there were asian people who objected strongly to being called "Eggroll." The weird thing is Tackleberry said it to Steve Guttenberg in the no-swear TV version of "Police Academy."<P>I also say "Cool beans" and "Neato mosquito" a lot.<P>------------------
Matt Shepherd
Writer, <A HREF="http://manmancomics.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Man-Man Comics</A>
Shepherd
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby theangryQ on Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:32 am

My new favorite profane expression comes from a Fat Jesus strip:<P>f***adoo.<P>Yes, f***adoo.
theangryQ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby dennisjk on Sun Oct 14, 2001 6:41 am

"that's a 3-duder"<P>as in "dude. dude! dude!!!" (psssh. you know you all say it) the only 5-duder known to my circle of friends was when we were watching digital cable drunk and a woman was smoking a cigarette in her meat-sleeve.<P>oh yeah. that's another one for you.<P>also, we like to say "Yoo can doo eet!" i don't remember what movie that's from.<P>"colder than a witch's tit."<P>"more bandwidth than a fedex truck full of CD-roms" (that one is credited to William Gibson, with a modernizing edit. the original was "diskettes")<P>for some reason, i can only think of stupid ones. must be all the english i'm not speaking.
dennisjk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Bob Talbot on Sun Oct 14, 2001 11:49 am

I'm one of those unoriginal bastards who just says the F-word over and over.<P>Swearing oaths, such as "BY YMIR'S FROSTY BEARD!" is always fun. I like "By crackey!", and "By grabs!", although I have no earthly idea what a "grabs" is.<P>I had a neighbor who used to exclaim that it was "colder than a welldigger's asshole" outside. Exactly how he got to be such an expert on the temperature of welldigger assholes, I do not know.
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jamieg on Mon Oct 15, 2001 1:05 am

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick!!
Good gravy!
jamieg
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jenday on Mon Oct 15, 2001 1:15 am

Jesus Monkey!!!
or
this is one that Jeff says at times:
That is gayer than a barrel full of Tom Cruises.
jenday
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lanty on Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:37 am

"Sweeter than a headless horseman's head!" in response to the question "How was it?"<P><P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pluginboy.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pluginboy.com</A>
lanty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Bob Talbot on Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:23 am

"Meat sleeve?"<P>LOL. I'll have to start using that one. "Axe Wound" is a good one, as well as "gash".<P> My dad used to call me "Rasputin" because I had long hair and a beard. He also called me "Cro-Magnon man". I got verbally abused a lot as a teenager. That's OK, though, because now I just call him "OLD MAN!!!" instead of "Dad". That really pisses him off.
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shepherd on Tue Oct 16, 2001 10:46 am

DAMN YER EYES!
Shepherd
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby dennisjk on Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:14 am

"me have crab in butty"
dennisjk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby dennisjk on Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:18 am

obviously, the last one is an OWLIE! phrase.<P>and from Mr. Show<P>"taint" (i.e. "land bridge")
dennisjk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby efhaynes on Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:09 am

Slang: "Step off before I 'dot your eye'"<P>Breakdown: "Step off" being very, very old 80's hip hop slang and "dot your eye" meaning "I will hit you and give you a black eye.<P>Slang: "Damn, gurl! You're fat up!"<P>Breakdown: "Gurl" that's the way we pronounce the word "girl" in the South. "Fat up" meaning that the female is very well proportioned.<P>Gerald
efhaynes
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jeffrey rowland on Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:03 am

Two good things to say when people ask what your major is:<P>"Sumo Wrestling" and "Fire Eating."
jeffrey rowland
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Bob Talbot on Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:41 am

Ah yes, that reminds me of my favorite college major, "Animal Husbandry".<P>
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cheese And A Half on Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:22 am

"Jesus Christ in a crackpipe..!" ..this tells you that I've been around drugs for too long. I also say "Fuck!" alot, and damn.. and..that's pretty much all I can remember right now..<P>------------------
Cheese, cheese, it's good fer the heart, the more you eat the more you...wait, no...that was [/b]Beans..[/b]
Cheese And A Half
Junior Keenspotter

Postby origami on Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:35 am

And of course (and this applies for todays WIGU 10/23)..<P>Don't go there.. it's a big pink trap!
origami
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Foiba * on Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:55 am

i say "havin' a fag" as slang for havin' a smoke, which is one step closer to de-gaying the english language.<P>i'd use the word "gay" for "happy" more, if it weren't so gay.
Foiba *
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TeleGib on Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:47 am

"Crab" - speak up (ripped off from a Weezer tune)<P>i.e., "You gotta crab if you want this last slice of pizza, dude."<P>My friends and I started using that term when we were stoned and looking for new words.<P>If you want more weird slang, read <a href="http://www.suck.com/daily/2000/01/26/">this piece</a> and the <a href="http://www.suck.com/daily/2000/06/28/">follow-up</a>.
TeleGib
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby snatcha on Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:38 am

most overused words
1) Arsemonkey
2) arsebucket<P>for some reason I find the word arse amusing and use it in place of other naughty words.<P>some scottish slang for you -<P>gleckit - stupid, dense.
numpty - an idiot
ba'heed - to have a head resembling a ball<P>
snatcha
Junior Keenspotter

Postby reasonablymad on Thu Nov 29, 2001 10:37 am

you all know where this comes from... "have you gone completely sideways man?!"<P>I like calling people trolls and goons, usually prefixed with fuck'n. say it real exasperated like. it's fun.<P>pish and posh. now piss off.<P>glazed.<P>anyone else think the word compote sounds dirty? no? well, try it at 4 am to a middle-aged diner waitress wearing fishnet stockings.<P>made this one up... dilipitude, as in, "don't be giv'n me none of your dilipitude, boy!"<P>first time sex: intercrashcourse.<P>and when you don't know what to say... "beep."
reasonablymad
Keenspot Deity

Postby The Bob Talbot on Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:14 am

When something's cool, you say "That's slicker than boiled okra!"<P>Except you have to say it with a southern accent for the full effect, as in "Hell, 'at's slicker'n boiled okrey!"
The Bob Talbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to When I Grow Up