Boredom game

Discuss Mike Rosenzweig's
long-running webcomic!

Moderator: Mike Rosenzweig

Re: Boredom game

Postby reptail on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:43 pm

E-G: I try to get clues of the name while talking to them and avoiding situations where I would have to say their name. Or sometimes if I'm really lazy I just confess that I forgot their name and ask it again.

Q: What's in a name?
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 am

reptail wrote:What's in a name?

What is in a name is very important. While calling a rose by any other name will not affect the olfactory reaction, it will certainly make it difficult to buy your partner a bouquet the next time you pop to the florist. Names are important because they hold within them a part of the identity of the named. I changed my name a while back, having always hated my own name, and despite my name being slightly silly, as I will be the first to admit, it is still my name. It is not my 'new' name. It is just my name.

So yeah. That.

You have been tasked by the government to build a monumental dam and drain one of the oceans [through a wormhole to the moon]. This is being done to help aqua-form the moon, and produce a few year's worth of electrical power production. It is your decision which Ocean is drained. Chose wisely.
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Requisite Ranger.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Indian Ocean. It's the warmest (I think) so the influx of colder water from other regions would help maintain oceanic homeostasis. It may not be that much of a difference but it couldn't hurt. Also, the amount is right for the Moon (since not THAT much water is needed).

If you could move one city which would it be and where would you move it to?
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:50 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you could move one city which would it be and where would you move it to?

As I don't really travel much, or have much in the way of geographical knowledge, I shall chose purely on selfish logic. I would move Ashgabat to an island just off the south east coast of the UK - just betwixt us and France. That way, all I'd need is a boat to go visit my 'rents, not a looooooong flight.

You have settled down into a classic, happy-family scenario. You have a daughter of eight, and a son of four. A freak accident befalls you all! What super powers does your family gain, and what do you use them for?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Risky Leisure.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 pm

My son gains healing and telepathy. My daughter gains flight and telekinesis. I gain atomic transmutation and teleportation.

After training for several years we use our abilities to enhance global technology and cure societal problems like inadequate housing and food supplies.

Would you rather have a new car or a new computer?
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Risky Leisure.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:Would you rather have a new car or a new computer?

New computer, without question. Mainly 'cause I hate cars and thus cannot drive. If the question was Motorbike, however, I think I'd pick a Harley.

Where on your body would you like your mandatory identification chip implanted?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Mark of the Beast Machines.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 am

Assuming it's a NFC chip then on the back of my left hand. It' would make it easier to run put it near scanners without the risk of complications from the implant affecting my dominant hand.

If all land and aquatic life forms swapped places and people now lived underwater, which ocean region(s) would be the political superpowers?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby reptail on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 am

Ragna: Probably the same as now, except in oceans near the current political superpowers. So somewhere along the lines of South Pacific, Caribbean and Indian Oceans. If this should happen I can tell you that it would suck bigtime. Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Bothnia in which I probably would be swimming about is so dead and ugly that I would relocate to Caribbeans as soon as possible.

Q: If you were sentenced to death, what would you have as your last meal? (kinda grim question, but "a little bit of grim keeps the Grim Reaper away" like my grandma used to say... well not really, but she could have...)
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Re: Mark of the Beast Machines.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:If all land and aquatic life forms swapped places and people now lived underwater, which ocean region(s) would be the political superpowers?

Assuming our level of technology is at roughly the same level, we'd have recently landed a robot down in Marianas Trench. I think that would put the Pacific as the lead super-power & I'd guess that those Oceans with the deepest trenches would be most secure and thus prosper. However, I think the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean would be on the rise as powers due to both their depth and thus security, but also easier living conditions and greater abundance of resources.

reptail wrote:If you were sentenced to death, what would you have as your last meal? (kinda grim question, but "a little bit of grim keeps the Grim Reaper away" like my grandma used to say... well not really, but she could have...)

Hrmm. I think these days my tastes have expanded a lot. I would probably go for Tapas. Of every thing I had never tried.

With Marzipan Fruits as desert. Omnomnom.

You are blasted to fame over-night, you anonymity is gone, don't even think about it. What is the first thing you do with your new-found fame [and fortune]?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

iSod.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 am

Invest all the money I can and hire an agent to help me define what my public image would be and who best to incorporate into my entourage. Then work on a platform of social issues on which I will strive to push into public and media discussion.

If you were required to spend a 108 days alone in a room with sufficient food, water, electricity, temperature control, furniture, and toiletries, but no access to outside media (television, radio, internet, etc.), and you could take three objects into the room with you, what would you choose?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nerome on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Two bottles of Wild Turkey Honey, and Dante's Divine Comedy.
Both will entertain me for the duration.

q: how many times a year does Nermybutt remember this forum exists? (hint: the answer isn't in the double digits).
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Hares All The Way Up.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm

2 or whenever we remind you. =P

What's the longest piece of fiction you have ever read/watched?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nerome on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 pm

CORRECT! (especially about the reminding part).
I honestly don't know what the longest I've ever READ would be (I have a small library). But probably the longest I've ever watched would have to be any one of the damned lord of the rings films. I swear the damn things never end, and I had to sit through every last one. Or maybe Stephen King's The Stand. That kind of never ended either. (Lord knows I couldn't finish the book).

Q: Who/what is your favorite Doctor Who villain/(s)?
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Sir Edward of the Erasers.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 pm

The Silence.

Do you know anyone who is eligible for a Darwin Award?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nerome on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Not off the top of my head, but I do enjoy reading about them. Although I should probably feel bad that I enjoy it.

Q: Are you as obsessed with Robert Downey Jr. as I have been these last few years?
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Lady Palomina of the Pens.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Probably not but I have consistently enjoyed almost all of his movies as of late. His in character appearance as Tony Stark at Comic-Con this year was totally awesome.

What was the first video game you ever played?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you were required to spend a 108 days alone in a room with sufficient food, water, electricity, temperature control, furniture, and toiletries, but no access to outside media (television, radio, internet, etc.), and you could take three objects into the room with you, what would you choose?

An eReader [I don't own one, but it beats any single book for longevity, I guess], a set of magnets or magnet building-blocks [NeoCube or GeoMag etc.] & a pen.

Nerome wrote:How many times a year does Nermybutt remember this forum exists? (hint: the answer isn't in the double digits).

Pi. Pi times.

SSJRagnarok wrote:What's the longest piece of fiction you have ever read/watched?

Hrm. Read it would probably be "Steven King's The Dark Tower", I guess; seen I would say "The entirity of Stargate SG1/SGA/SGU". 'though if you're talkin' single works, maybe "The Way of Kings" by Sanderson & I am fairly certain that any episode of "The Only Way is Essex" stretches the Space-time barrier to it's limits, making even the briefest of glances the longest thing ever the blight the screens of man.

Nerome wrote:Who/what is your favorite Doctor Who villain/(s)

Before they were brought back and over-used it was The Weeping Angels, 'cause they were effing creepy. Now I'd say it is probably The Doctor. Genocidal fucking maniac.

SSJRagnarok wrote:Do you know anyone who is eligible for a Darwin Award?

Sadly/Thankfully not.

Nerome wrote:Are you as obsessed with Robert Downey Jr. as I have been these last few years?

I've actually been totally obsessed with RDJ since one of my sisters made me watch Ally McBeal, once upon a time. He sang, he was glib, he was awesome.

SSJRagnarok wrote:What was the first video game you ever played?

I played a racing game on a casette-based computer my father had for work. The first one I remember /enjoying/ was Lemmings on the family's Amiga. Oh No!

You are kidnapped. You awake, locked in a pitch-black room. A voice tells you that you are going to die. How long you live, it says, depends on how long you resist looking up. Light comes on from a single point far above your head. Occasionally, a figure appears to walk across it. How long do you survive?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Fallacious Confectioneries.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

I would survive long enough to ascertain whether or not there is any hope of self-initiated escape and if there is none then I would bide my time for as long as I could which would probably be 1-3 weeks. That is of course assuming that said light has some supernatural power to kill me instantly upon my looking at it and it's not just some creep with night-vision cameras watching me because I could probably cheat my way around him.

If you stopped aging today and were told that you were now incapable of dying and would now live to be exactly a millennium old how would you spend the next several years of your life?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Fallacious Confectioneries.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you stopped aging today and were told that you were now incapable of dying and would now live to be exactly a millennium old how would you spend the next several years of your life?

I would probably drop out of my job and enter some military force or other to try and get in shape and learn how to fight. Being unkillable, I imagine I would still have to be careful about bodily damage, but I certainly have a bonus over Charlie. Once I returned from whatever bullshit oilwar I had been sent on, I would set myself up as a Vigilante justiceman. Depending on how poorly the war went for me, I may call myself Honest Zombie.

The Earth's rotation is slowing by about two hours every 5000 years. Do you think that it could be possible, considering Humankind's innate 26hour bodyclock, a higher being utilised natural selection to make us, but we are not the intended product - next evolution of man! - [ assuming we survive the MegaVolcano ]?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Monarchs of Bygone Eras Who Reign with Dignity and Utopian C

Postby SSJRagnarok on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

oncern for Their Subjects.(Continued from post title)

It could be possible...but I strongly doubt it.

How long do you think our corner of the forum will last?
Last edited by SSJRagnarok on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Monarchs of Bygone Eras Who Reign with Dignity and Utopi

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:How long do you think our corner of the forum will last?

I imagine it will survive until either Mike gets tired of it and deletes it to wipe the slate clear and move on, or KeenSpot delete the comic as it is effectually in permanent hiatus, and this section of forum goes with it. Alternately, until the few of us who still return start doing something too interesting that a boredom game is no-longer required!

What is the best topping to put on a pizza? [subquestion: What type of base?]
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Jar of Jacks.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 am

1. Sausage
2. Green Peppers
3. Mushrooms.
4. Black Olives.

The best base would be traditional sweet pizza sauce with a touch of Cayenne pepper for kick and some shredded asiago mixed in.

What webcomics do you read now?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lord Savaunt on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 am

Sinfest

Depression Comix

Oglaf

XKCD

Cyanide and Happiness

SMBC
Lord Savaunt
Keenspot Despot

Location: I live in a house, and it is cool, but I wish it were haunted.

Jar of Sandboxes.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 am

I read Sinfest (even though the whole feminism/anti-feminism feud going on between Tat and the fanbase is getting old), XKCD, SMBC, Puddin' (I count it even though it's a live action comic), Multiplex, Questionable Content, Dinosaur Comics, The Non-Adventures of Wonderella, and at the behest of my girlfriend....Homestuck.

I'll have to check out Oglaf, Depression, and Cyanide though.

As far as your actual personality is concerned, what would you say your alignment is? (Law/Chaos, Good/Evil)
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby reptail on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:14 pm

RaGna: I'spose I'd be Law/Good with a little bit of chaos and a hint of evil.

Q: What's the word on the streets?
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Jake