Boredom game

Discuss Mike Rosenzweig's
long-running webcomic!

Moderator: Mike Rosenzweig

Re: Boredom game

Postby ogihci on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Eli:
Ohhhh man, I have a lot so I'll say my top three?
The final season of Chuck, the third season of Reaper (which may or may not happen), and young justice.

What was the last thing you listened to?
ಠ_ರೃ - I say!
ogihci
Keenspotter Supreme

Croaked & Stoked.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 am

ogi: My worst habit would be procrastination.

Elicius: Steampunk Spaceboat, of course.

reptail: I play some games, yea. I'm waiting for the game that will really make me want to buy a next-gen system like Kingdom Hearts 3.

ogi: I wish alchemy had stayed in style.

Elicius: Dexter, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, Chuck, Sons of Anarchy, White Collar, Warehouse 13, Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office (US), Fringe, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Law & Order: UK. Merlin,Transformers Prime, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Thundercats (2011), Young Justice, and Grimm. The only movies I'm really waiting on are Sherlock Holmes 2 and The Avengers.

ogi: The last thing I listened to was 3 Miles by The Answering Machine....wasn't that impressed.

What is the final straw?
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ogihci on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:45 am

Ragnarok- The final straw is the one that broke the donkey's back?
Sorry, not a very good answer. :/

What is something you made that you're proud of?
ಠ_ರೃ - I say!
ogihci
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:26 pm

ogihci wrote:What was the last thing you listened to?

That'd be Molly Lewis playing "It all makes sense in the end" on her Yuke.

SSJRagnarok wrote:What is the final straw?

The bit when Blackberry finally update the web-browser which has been becoming less and less useful, and more obsolete....and it's actually worse. The bit, after years, when Ubi announce that BG&E2, if ever made, will be on the next gen of consoles. I worry that I'm far too forgiving of my friends for there to ever be a final straw when it comes to them. The moment when, having been filing the same piece of metal for the last fourteen hours, with a deadline in an hour, you slip.

The bit immediately preceding the deep breathing, the calm thoughts, and the sound of rain.
Orierpoli wrote:First video on YouTube

And the 20th. Infinitely better.

ogihci wrote:What is something you made that you're proud of?

A photo from my Photography A-level Not the most proud, I'm sure, but the only thing I can think of at short notice.

What, to your mind, is the best scent? (Any. What-so-ever)
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Base Rain.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Nag Champa incense or lilacs.

What would you name an eighth day of the week?
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:21 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:What would you name an eighth day of the week?

A little bit too much thought I think, 'cause this question really interested me, but I'd probably go with Ægirsday (for Poseidon and Neptune) or Lokisday (for Caelus and Uranus) something along those lines anyway. More work probably needed on that. Poseiday and Caelusday sound better, but don't really fit with the theme I see. I guess there's a mix with the translation to English. Thursday sounds quite a lot more like Thor'sday, of the Norse, than Thunor of the Old English, whereas you can't deny Tuesdays similarity to Tiw'sday, where the Old English rune's use is more than clear.

I think considering all that, my best choice, personal choice, would be "Caelusday" just 'cause it fits the easiest with the present set of days we have. Would probably come betwixt Sunday and Monday. Damnit I put wayyy too much thought into that. Great question.

Going old-school:
You are home alone and your house suddenly catches fire in an unquenchable blaze! You have just moments to escape, but enough time to gather two items to yourself with which to flee. What are they?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Calesday.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35 pm

My external hard drive and my magic cards.

What was the biggest surprise you've had in the past 3 years?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:47 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:What was the biggest surprise you've had in the past 3 years?

I'm not really sure, if I'm honest. I've nothing that I link in my mind with a huge surprised feeling but, as usual, I can assuage my irritation at being unable to recall an answer....with a list! Surprises of sorts:

My mother moved to Turkmenistan,
My grandmother got cancer,
My sister got pregnant,
I got a job at Cartier,

Most terrifying of all, I moved to London, my most hated city in the UK....and love it here.

How many Visas do you have/have you had in your passport?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Lily's Lilies.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:45 pm

A student visa from when i did law school in the UK but that's it really for any long term visas in my passport.

What's your most relaxing song
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ogihci on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 am

Usually a music box or 8-bit versions of songs I really like.

What are you watching at the moment?
ಠ_ರೃ - I say!
ogihci
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:What's your most relaxing song

Humm. I have to admit I don't really listen to music to relax. I find it really hard to zone-out, I always end up either singing along or tapping out the beat. If I had to put on something, fun to my head, I'd probably loop one of the two Turin Brakes albums I have from college.

ogihci wrote:What are you watching at the moment?

Depending on how literal you're being the answer is either A video of my ex-housemate, dancing to the song "Poison", taped secretly by my other ex-housemate Or another list which is easy to populate from a list of links I have:

House,
How I Met Your Mother,
New Girl,
The Big Bang Theory,
Grey's Anatomy,
Community,
Suburgatory,
Fringe,
Once Upon A Time.

UK shows: Misfits, Merlin & My Transsexual Summer.

I watch Wayyyyyyy too much TV.

The mobile phone network has been subverted by the government! They can hear each and every word, read each and evry prly splt txt, reach into your pocket and snuff out your web-connectivity! Thankfully, the rebellion is hard at work! They have created a new underspace transmitter with which you can communicate instantly - your only problem is that you must camel-flage it into something to carry it around with you! What do you choose...?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Doctor Why.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:28 am

iPod Classic

If you could go back in time and give your 5 year old self one physical object from present day that would have no effect on the rest of the world (no explicit foreknowledge for the sole intent of manipulating factors for personal gain, ex. stock information, smart phone schematics) what would it be?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Locate Anyone With Mobile Phone Tracking Systems

Postby zanethresher on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:48 am

In this article, I will be talking about mobile phone tracking systems. Like the name goes, it can track and locate anyone from anywhere. All you need to do is install the phone tracking software in your computer system. With it, you can locate anyone from anywhere through their mobile phone.
zanethresher
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Doctor Why.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you could go back in time and give your 5 year old self one physical object from present day that would have no effect on the rest of the world (no explicit foreknowledge for the sole intent of manipulating factors for personal gain, ex. stock information, smart phone schematics) what would it be?

A crate full of Avamys (Veramyst in the US). Fluticasone furoate is the only reason I can function as a human, and 'though my allergic rhinitis didn't really kick into full force until I was about 13, I subsequently felt like I had Manfluenza from then until I was about 22. So yeah. That!

Of the (non-food) products you use on a daily basis, which do you think is the best, and why?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ogihci on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 am

Well I'd have to say maybe the computer?
It let's me browse the internet, do art, and just derp around in general, but it's a major double edged sword...or at least for me. It sucks up all of my time, and I spend more time on it than I should.

What are the grossest contents in your fridge right now?
ಠ_ರೃ - I say!
ogihci
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 am

ogihci wrote:What are the grossest contents in your fridge right now?

It's actually pretty empty today, so I'd say it's probably 8 empty egg shells in a 9-egg-carton - but yesterday it was a week-old cheesecake that had just started to go mouldy, which was nice =)

You are informed that you must interview a superhero, who would you like them to be, and why?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Hope Floats.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:20 am

ogi: My fridge is kept pretty much clean so at worst it would be an apple that's a little too soft.

E-G: I'd interview Mr. Fantastic and ask him why he doesn't just devote a year to solving all of society's problems (global warming, world hunger, exhaustible energies, etc.)

What new (to you) song have you been really into lately?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby reptail on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 am

ragna: I don't listen to dance music that much anymore, but every now and then some song comes along that just gets me dancing in my mind. This time it's Studio Killers: Ode to the Bouncer.. I know the Q wasn't specifically of dance music, but that's the song that's been in my head lately anyways.

Q: If you suddenly started hearing a narrator, that narrates everything you do, in your head, what would you do? (i.e. Reptail is sitting at his desk at work, writing to internet forums even though he knows that he really should be doing his job. He is furiously trying to think of a question to ask on a boredom game thread on Everything Jake online comic forums.)
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Xtreme Hoarders: Dragons.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm

I'd probably go see a therapist.

Who is the last person you ever want to see again?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby reptail on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 am

Ragna: Can't think of anyone.

Q: Are you regular or goofy?
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Re: Hope Floats.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm not sure why, but my previous posts seem to have gone AWOL. Apologies if these are repeated.

SSJRagnarok wrote:What new (to you) song have you been really into lately?

At the time it was Shiny Toy Guns - "When They Came." Great song and really boosted my productivity at work for some reason. (Although the version on YouTube really irritated me, so I didn't link it. Grrr. Passive-Aggressive. Grr.)

reptail wrote:If you suddenly started hearing a narrator, that narrates everything you do, in your head, what would you do?

If it was Emma Thompson, but she wasn't predicting my death, I'd probably just live with it. It would be interesting to see what she said was going on in my head and in my life. Sort'f like if I were actually observant, but without the effort of having to go around observing stuff all day. Cool beans.

SSJRagnarok wrote:Who is the last person you ever want to see again?

Can't remember my reply to this one, so can I say Jedwood? Do they have enough brain cells to technically even class as a single person?

reptail wrote:Are you regular or goofy?

While I don't skate any more, when I did I was goofy, but since I've started boxing, I can't imagine not leading with my left foot instead, so I'm regular, I guess.

Having just received a bespoke ring in the post today, I can't help but wonder;
If you were to commission an item of jewellery; what would it be? What'd it look like? Why?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Range Against the Machine.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

An authentic derpcounterfeits Planeteer ring set. Because they're awesome.

What is your average bedtime lately?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Range Against the Machine.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:What is your average bedtime lately?

I had managed to hit a fairly reliable 10pm, but then I rediscovered PSO:BB, and it's been closer to 1am the last few nights. Sigh.

What, in your opinion, is the worst way to die?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby reptail on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 am

E-G: I can't think of anything. Perhaps the One Ring, the kind of non-evil version of it.

ragna: Around 11:00 pm. But that's just because I've been living without tv, computer and internet the past almost three months. Once I get everything setup again it'll probably slip towards 1 am again.

E-G: Well I don't actually have that much experience on dying. Usually it tends to be one time deal, though I guess some just turn back when they see the bright white light. But I would think that suffocating might be pretty bad, or drowning.

Q: Have you ever done half-silent-hello-thingy? Meaning that when you see someone you perhaps give sort of nod, and perhaps mouth the word hello without actually saying it. I've noticed that I sometimes do that at work with persons that I don't know, but who happen to be working in the same building. I'm just wondering whether that's just me or do others do that as well.
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:29 pm

reptail wrote:Have you ever done half-silent-hello-thingy?

I have never really thought about it before, but my gods, yes! I sort'f raise my hand and whisper "Hey," too quietly for anyone to hear, and nod my head a little. That's weiiird.

When you forget someone's name, how do you deal with the situation?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Jake