Boredom game

Discuss Mike Rosenzweig's
long-running webcomic!

Moderator: Mike Rosenzweig

Eyeliner and Eggshell White.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Deen, DOMA, and Dickish Egyptian Democracy.

What's the word on the seas?
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Jar of Jacks.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 am

SSJRagnarok wrote:What webcomics do you read now?

- Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Gunnerkrigg Court
- XKCD
- El Goonish Shive
- Sam & Fuzzy
[- Skull Panda Loves Everything]
- Questionably Content
- Oglaf
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- Power Nap
- Cyanide & Happiness
- Lucky Penny [Presently showing on Johnny Wander]
- Fey Winds
- Three Panel Soul
- A Softer World
- Sfeer Theory
- Vattu
- Wormworld Saga

Christs, I need to get out more....

SSJRagnarok wrote:As far as your actual personality is concerned, what would you say your alignment is? (Law/Chaos, Good/Evil)

While I recognise the D&D [and other] reference, I required a quick google. I would say that I am probably Lawful Neutral. If I had superpowers, however, I fear I would turn Lawful Evil. Mm-mmm, corruptiony good!

reptail wrote:What's the word on the streets?

Vampires and warewolves are out and TK, Teleportation, Time-control, Telepathy and Technopathy are in.

SSJRagnarok wrote:What's the word on the seas?

The Gentleman Bastards are making their return.

What was the last thing you spent over £50/$80 at one time on?

PS: Loved your pizza idea. Totally making that up next Pizza Night with the lads.
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Bringing That Already Bought.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 am

New router. Bought just last night.

Would you rather lack the capacity to feel physical pain or that of emotional pain?

Also I quite enjoyed The Tomorrow People pilot as well.
The 90's version I loved on Nickelodeon.
It's cool to see that they gave nods to all the prior versions here and there.
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Bringing That Already Bought.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:Would you rather lack the capacity to feel physical pain or that of emotional pain?

While my knee-jerk reaction is the opposite, I think I'd have to go for emotional pain. Lacking physical pain leads to too many dangers. Despite the fact that it'd cure the headache I've had since I was 13, I think it'd be worse to not have had the much-worse pain which indicated the brain-swelling which predated and most-like caused it. I'm practically a human husk these days anyway, so the emotional pain-loss wouldn't be that big a leap and at least I'd still be able to feel the chemical overdose that is Love, eh?

Yeah, a friend of mine introduced me to TTP last Thursday, hadn't even heard about it, I was well surprised. While I caught a few nods [like the "We didn't come up with the name." line, for example] I had no idea what they were hinting at - quite liked the show, though. Seems to manage just the right level of silly, without over-doing it or taking itself too seriously. High hopes it'll continue to keep Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. company on my Thursday Night geekfest.

What [Other] new/renewed shows are you watching these days?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

A War Never Fought.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'll be watching Almost Human and Atlantis when they premier as well.

I enjoy Sleepy Hollow in spite of it being a slightly more shallow horror/fantasy version of the Fringe/X-Files formula. I just see the whole believing/non-believing partner thing getting old REALLY fast.

The Blacklist is nothing I'd normally watch at all. But I love James Spader.

Wonderland is cheesy green screen romance. But I watch the main show and I'm a continuity addict. Plus I love the concept of Wonderland and Aghrabah. Putting them together for me was just perfect. Also Sayid as Jafar is entertaining to see.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is something I've been waiting for since I first heard about it last year. I was actually kind of unimpressed with the pilot but of course I will stick with it no matter what. Fortunately for me every episode since then has been getting better and better.

I REALLY hope Almost Human does well. REALLY REALLY hope. But in my heart I know it's gonna get cancelled after 6 episodes. Because the TV Overlords hate me.

All that goes along with American Horror Story, Community, Continuum, Defiance, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Grimm, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Archer, Family GUy, Parks & Rec, Sons of Anarchy, The Legend of Korra, Vikings, Warehouse 13, and White Collar.

Who are your three favorite Marvel mutants?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: A War Never Fought.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Firstly, let me combine a 'thank you' and a curse on your eternal soul for that amazing list of tevelision shows I was unnaware of. Fuck. I am never sleeping again, am I?

Secondly: SPOILERS BELLOW. Gonna tag it, just in case. VERY VAGUE IRON MAN 3 & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ep 1 Spoilers. Warned.

SPOILERS:I was waiting for S.H.I.E.L.D., too - the whole "Coulson Lives" thing from the US/UK dvd difference got Marvel hooked into my webbernet world. Damn near got me a T-shirt before they started rumouring S.H.I.E.L.D.. Cruel folks. Awesome folks. Yeah, the show is a bit....meh. I think had it not been Marvel and had it not been a Wheedon or two at the helm, I'd have dropped it by now, I think. Having not seen Iron Man 3 made it the first episode much better for me, as I couldn't see how they had completely ripped off the plot of that movie, down to remaking the crime scene with a hologram. Urgh. EXTREMIS! NOOOOOooooo...... It has risen slowly, but I just want Marvel to loosen the reins a little so that Jed & Maurissa can whip the plot into something goddamn interesting.

I noticed "The 100" wasn't on your [rather impressive] list. What's your opinion on that one? It looks like it could go either way, really -although the presence of homophobic Isaiah Washington bodes not at all well for me.

SSJRagnarok wrote:Who are your three favorite Marvel mutants?

I only ever watched various X-men, Iron Man, and Spider Man as a kid and outside of the modern movies haven't had that much exposure to any of the others. Thus my list is:

- Gambit [X-men TAS with a touch of Evolution]
- Forge [X-men Evolution]
- X-23 [X-men Evolution]

With a special mention to The Symbiotes Venom & Carnage of Spiderman Unlimited.

You foolishly enter the White Room. Which emotion do you attempt to harness to stop the ball from crunching into your face?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Price of Turnips.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 am

Hope.

That is an interesting list of mutants. You don't normally see Forge on most people's list. X-23 was great in Evolution but in my opinion was vastly under used in the comics.

Personally I'm all about Gambit, Beast, and Archangel with Nightcrawler and Iceman a close 4th and 5th.

I hadn't heard much about The 100 yet. The trailer looks pretty sweet. And I love Ian Cusack from Lost. I usually get wary of CW shows as they tend to become teen soap operas pretty fast but since TTP ended up doing well I'll definitely check this one out too!

If you were an alcoholic drink, what kind would you be?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Price of Turnips.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:24 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you were an alcoholic drink, what kind would you be?

I would be a Godfather. I'm sweet, yet well aged and slightly smoky to the taste. Stop it. Stop licking me.

Having recently taken up Bouldering - and read this article t'boot - it's on my mind a bit, so:

You gots to climb yourself a buildin'. No expense spared, flights to anywhere in the world included. Which does ewe chose?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Price of Turnips.

Postby Sabaccplayer on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Elicius-Grey wrote:
You gots to climb yourself a buildin'. No expense spared, flights to anywhere in the world included. Which does ewe chose?

Burj Khalifa. The tallest man made structure in the world. It's in Dubai.

And I can't remember what other questions I've asked or the sex of anyone else on this board for that matter. So something gender neutral...

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
"AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO!" Stone Cold Steve Austin
"We deal in lead friend." Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven
"Do you like.............................Pie?" The Rock
"NOW GET IN THE PIT AND TRY TO LOVE SOMEONE!" Kid Rock
"I Am That Damn Good!" HHH and yeah me too.
Sabaccplayer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Boredom game

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Sabaccplayer wrote:What accomplishment are you most proud of?

I'm not. Also, Pride is a sin, I guess.

Science develops a method for people to change one single thing about themselves. It's instant, but irreversible and can only be performed once. What do you change?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Price of Folly.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:20 pm

I'd change my immune system so I can't get sick.

If you could get a degree in any subject right now Matrix style what would you choose?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Boredom game

Postby Nerome on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Souffle making.

How do you spend your Saturdays?
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Lackadaisical Leo.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:40 am

Usually watching anime and making pancakes.

Have you ever seen a real physical fight in person?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Price of Folly.

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:52 pm

SSJRagnarok wrote:If you could get a degree in any subject right now Matrix style what would you choose?

CAD & Machine Manufacturing.

Nerome wrote:How do you spend your Saturdays?

A mix of arranging furniture [one can never feng enough shui], playing board games/D&D, bouldering, writing & swimming.

SSJRagnarok wrote:Have you ever seen a real physical fight in person?

No, but I have been beaten, mugged, and sucker-punched twice - once into concussion. Not made for the life of the casual observer, clearly.

What household object would you transform into art?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Wine n'Cheese with the Horde.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Brooms. Lots of options with all those bristles.

If you had to grant an entire non-simian species on Earth instantaneous sentient anthropomorphic hybrid bodies, which species would you pick?
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to Everything Jake