Questions

Discuss Mike Rosenzweig's
long-running webcomic!

Moderator: Mike Rosenzweig

Questions

Postby Meloth on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:56 pm

So I have been re-reading Everything Jake and it occurs to me that so many comic strip can no longer be read.

Firstly I am wondering why it is like that ?

Secondly I was wondering if maybe I could buy a book with all the strips including those not that cant be viewed now ?

I hope this gets some attention as I really want to own the collection as I have read it 5+ times and has a special place in my heart.
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Questions

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Mike Rosenzweig wrote:There was, actually, quite a bit of updates between 2004 and now. i was the original High School story, everythingjake: 1000, and some odds and ends. I took it all down and now am running the revamped high School Story, daily (i'm trying as hard as i could to keep it daily). The Ejake 1000 storyline is gone pretty much for good now, but it will be told when "present" time Jake comes back. The are many, many different reasons for all of this, but i'm sure they're boring for whoever isn't me.

There still are 1050 or so original strips (more than a day's worth of reading, i'd say), and about 70 pages (and counting) of the high school story with the all-new words. There's also HalfAssedcomic.com, which is now over 100 comics deep and struggling to keep a mon-thurs schedule.

So! Welcome!

As for the books, I'll leave that to the Man Himself to address.
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Meloth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:53 am

Hmm interesting to know that.

Although this doesnt change my proposition.
I still want the parts that has now been left out, especially the pocket dimension story line, which was awesome.
I guess I will have to write to him directly to increase my chances of a response.

I was somehow hoping to see him chime in on this post and then hoping for some of the other fans,
of which I can see there are plenty, would jump onboard the buy a book wagon.
This was my silly dream, to get Mike back to writing on the story, funded by fans.
I actually also thought about trying to make a kickstarter.com application as a means of funding....

Yeah I want more of everything jake badly.

Ofcouse I would like a bound book the most, but I think this is too much effort for a single customer.
Oh well...if nothing else I still just hope to buy a book, even if it is just a collection of prints directly from the webpage in a paper bag.
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Elicius-Grey on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Mike does still swing by the Forum every-so, don't give up hope s'only been a short time. A minuscule amount of time if you consider the cumulative hiatuses [which should totally be "hiati"] that EJake has seen, heh. If I remember correctly, a loooong while back Nermy was lucky enough to get her hands on a digital copy of the missing comics. If she still has them somewhere [on floppy-disks, perhaps?] perhaps there is a chance she'd be willing to part with them; as you seem more than happy to purchase the comic, perhaps there could be some form of donation/reward system? Who knows.... Can't hurt to ask, eh?
Last edited by Elicius-Grey on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Meloth on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:30 am

Ah I didnt mean that I was giving up, but rather a method to maybe more quickly get him to take a look at the post.
I dont know who Nermy is, can you maybe eloborate on this ?

Well I would be all for a donation reward system as a means to motivate and allow Mike to spend time on the comic.
My main goal is still to get my hands on the already existing material, but it would be awesome to help in someway..anyway really.
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Elicius-Grey on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 am

Sorry, yes, as I said in reply to your PM, I meant "Nerome". I don't know quite it came out Nermy. My subconscious clearly has an innate talent for naming dangerous beasties with less death-implying names, heh.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Meloth on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:47 am

Actually I cant see I have gotten a response on my pm from you anywhere ?...it isnt in my inbox or anything...

I have contacted Nerome, but the he/she hasnt replied yet.

I have also written directly to Mike. I guess he is busy or havent noticed so I will just wait and see what happens.

I hope that he hasnt sent me a reply that I cant see, like your pm....I really dont hope that I have gotten replies but cant see them =(
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Elicius-Grey on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Don't worry Meloth, you are probably getting messages fine. I remember having connection issues the day I replied, so it's probably just been lost in the aether. When it comes to Mr Mike, you just have to be patient =). He's around, every-so, he'll probably get back to you next time he passes through =).
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

GPS Mobile Phone Tracking And The Legal Implications

Postby zanethresher on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:50 am

The process itself is simple enough and all you will need is to sign up with a mobile phone tracking service provider but what exactly are your legal requirements? The hacking, deleting and tracking of mobile phones has recently hit the headlines with a number of people finding themselves foul of the law and a major newspaper closing down, all over the misuse of mobile phones.
zanethresher
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Meloth on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:20 am

I have waited about 3 months now....I feel saddend that I have heard no news are have received no emails.

I still really really badly want all of everything jake.

I guess what alot of it stems from is that my college years started and then I stumbled upon everything jake.
I felt like seeing Jake as the person I wanted to be in college but had difficulty becoming.
So when I had a bad day ready everything jake and seeing what he went through made me wish for more.
Made me believe I should strive for higher goals and really help me to push myself out of my shell.
Now I guess I have just wanted to flip through it all and think back on mylife and what this comic meant to me.

I really hope this can happen.
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 pm

To be fair, it was quite a slim chance - one I actually now feel kinda bad about suggesting, sorry!

While Mike may well still have the old stories hanging around, perhaps he's not comfortable sharing them any more in the current form. I've spoken to and read about authors before who have gone as far as shredding whole manuscripts simply because they weren't happy with the way the story felt.

Perhaps that's where Mike is? While it's still around ['though maybe it isn't any more. I have lost a whole host of story ideas over the years, just poor filing/storage] he's just not happy putting it out there too much.

I guess you're just here with the rest of us. Hoping that one day Mike will decide to come back and bring us Jake Anew.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby richdale7 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:09 pm

ImageI'll leave that to the Man Himself to address.
richdale7
Junior Keenspotter

Postby rs4playniuwa on Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 pm

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
You may also like:Rs Gold|runescape gold
rs4playniuwa
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Nerome on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Elicius-Grey wrote:Sorry, yes, as I said in reply to your PM, I meant "Nerome". I don't know quite it came out Nermy. My subconscious clearly has an innate talent for naming dangerous beasties with less death-implying names, heh.

This is because if you call me Nermy, I seem as scare until I threaten your genitalia. :)

Also :
Meloth wrote:I have contacted Nerome, but the he/she hasnt replied yet.

I didn't respond because I changed my e-mail, and the messages go to the old one. Hooray!.
Thirdly, I am most definitely a "she" thank you very much. I will thank you to remember that when you never come back to this forum to ever see this post.

:D
Last edited by Nerome on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Meloth on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:41 am

So you are a she, it was a pretty long wait for the answer.

I am greatly enjoying reading eveything jake once again.
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Tapping the Watch.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 am

Ah well waiting a long time for answers is what we do best here at EJake.
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 am

What does that mean, SSJR? Not sure I quite follow...?
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Shaking the Watch.

Postby SSJRagnarok on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:14 am

Dual fold reference: 1. Our intervals between answers in the Boredom Games has slowed to several months. 2. A friendly jab at Mike for having us wait for years for plot developments.
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:48 am

I have no clue how to respond to your apparent literal treatation of my fauxnnocence. I can't quite translate. Can not compute.

Look, a distraction!
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerome on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Elicius-Grey wrote:If I remember correctly, a loooong while back Nermy was lucky enough to get her hands on a digital copy of the missing comics. If she still has them somewhere [on floppy-disks, perhaps?] perhaps there is a chance she'd be willing to part with them; as you seem more than happy to purchase the comic, perhaps there could be some form of donation/reward system? Who knows.... Can't hurt to ask, eh?

I only just noticed this. I'm sorry, I don't have enough of an attention span for these things anymore. Forums and whatnot.

Sorry, no floppy disks. This is what I had gotten my hands on:
And I'm not 100% the date of that photo, but I know it's been over 10 years since I've had those glasses. Sooo #$% I'm old. Probably 2004? Also, I believe those were the comics you were referring to, but are in storage with other comics.
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Meloth on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 am

Dammit Nerome stop having all that in paper so nice.

Now that I am older and have money, I still want to buy this in a hardcover version.

I still sometimes go to the main page and hope for an update....guess it is like being in AA....never forget the high.

Happy 2015
Meloth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Elicius-Grey on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:01 pm

I could not agree more. The itch sneaks up on you sometimes, it's so insidious you're down to the bone before you realise that you're even scratching.

EDIT: Happy Autumn 2016!
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Everything Jake