PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Discuss Mike Rosenzweig's
long-running webcomic!

Moderator: Mike Rosenzweig

Re: PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Postby Elicius-Grey on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 pm

I have been looking into buying one of the two for a while, and did a bit of research a while back and found that, yes, I agree - It has to be the PS3.

I almost bought one there and then. But then I panicked a little.

The only reason I'd buy a next gen console is 'cause I want to play one or two specific games. Although most of those are on both platforms, there is one speffic game that I am dying for, and have been awaiting since completing the first game; Beyond Good & Evil. The sequel is currently in the works [and has been for years, on and off] and had an E3 trailer in, I think, 2008. However, since then, it's been put off and put off, with the only info being leaks.

So basically, even though I know the PS3 is probably the better choice [even if, from what I hear, the slim is not back-compatible] I would hapilly go 360 for BG&E2.

*Shrug*
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerome on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

since when is this a video game forum?
Nerome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Elicius-Grey on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 am

I'd probably say it was roughly around the time of http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10903 in the mid-2000s. But it could also be before, seeing as our wonderful forum hails from way back to the first second of 1970, heh. [And Reptail was probably the most recent person to begin a topic about consoles and their illegitimate game-babies, back in 2003 with http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=92658 ]

But since I've been around [not all that long, I have to admit, only about two years], this place has been somewhere where us crazy EJake fans can talk about both "All" and "Sundry" which, personally, I think is a great leap forwards in the world of forumation, where the two are usually mutually exclusive.

So, anyway, yeah. To sum it up; The year 2000 =D
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Elicius-Grey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby reptail on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 am

Yes I'm guilty of starting a video game discussion.
And I think I just mentioned Mass Effect 2 on Mikes New Comics thread. I'm evil like that, I try to sneakily add video games into every thread until this forum is converted to video game forum and Mike makes EJake game, which would start of as an dating-sim and then evolve into a super cool super hero game where the player could use Jake's TK powers.

Oh, and I have both above mentioned consoles plus Wii and I think they are all good.
We are all fuzzy robots
reptail
Keenspot Despot

Return to Everything Jake