Dawn of World 1 (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Dawn of World 1 (Sign in open)

Postby Dlover on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Heck, I'm gonna go ahead and post my action: Creating mountains in the red spaces:

That should be a total of 9 power, which brings me to 0.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm

well i can't read the rules some how but as far a i understand you can claim land
i though they cost 3 each so since i have 12
i claim 7b 6b ( confused here on the cordinates but that series on island between the two continents on the left)
oh and those two islands around dolvers red mountains
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I make 4 mountains costing a total of 12, taking me to zero.
Mountains at T13, U13, U12, and U11.

Edit Mountain description: Not particularly mysterious mountains, but definately rugged and a full chain of them. You'd need a guide or to be able to fly to get through them. Think USA's Rocky Mountains out west, except some of the crags have an inexplicable lonely feel to them, and beneath the towering exteriors lie both riches and, mystery at last, caverns.

If my fellow players would be so kind, I'd like to play with this land mass for several turns. (I have plans.)

Oh, and I favor public moves as well, which is not a problem if people play in highest points rolled that turn order.
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:01 pm

askstoomuch wrote: but as far a i understand you can claim land
i though they cost 3 each so since i have 12

It looks like you have 11 points, not 12. And, as far as I can tell there is no 'claim land' function in the game. You may want to shape the land though, which is things like: creation, modification, or erosion of mountains, hills, lakes, streams, rivers, forests, jungles, deserts, grasslands, tundra, steppes, inland seas, etc.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Alright the two people ahead of me went I'll start on my work. D: ya got the good spot Through. I'll leave it alone to see what your creating though. Good thing I had a backup plan

God of the Silver Flame desires rolling plains near the coast and mountains in the east to protect and supply future settlements.
I'll spend 6 points out of my 9 points creating grasslands at S2(green) and Mountains at T3(brownish color)
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5671/change1d.png

Leaving me with 3 points left over.

Edit: just realized askstoomuch didn't really go. Asks if you decide you want my spot I will pick another.
Edit2: Decided to be fancier.
Last edited by Taberah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Taberah wrote:Alright the two people ahead of me went I'll start on my work. D: ya got the good spot Through. I'll leave it alone to see what your creating though. Good thing I had a backup plan

I'll spend 6 points out of my 9 points creating grasslands at S2(green) and Mountains at T3(brownish color)

Edit: just realized askstoomuch didn't really go. Asks if you decide you want my spot I will pick another.

I think your T3 and my T13 are the same thing. I thought the right way to read hex maps was numbers on a diagonal slant like "\", and the characters in columns straight up and down. Otherwise I don't see how #17-24 make sense, or what the 4 'rows' before 0 would be numbered.
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Oooo my fault there :x. The good news is that means we wanted different areas and I get my first pick :D.

God of the Silver Flame desires rolling plains near the coast.

I'll spend 6 points out of my 9 points creating grasslands at R18 and S19

SPOILERS:Btw thanks ThroughTheWell never used a hex map as weird as that sounds. You explaining it helped me quite a bit.

Edit: on another note what is the land that we haven't changed? Is it all just like dirt or something.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Aw I missed it. :x

Oh well :roll:
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 am

I think its just barren rock or something. Wasteland anyway.
I'll post shortly.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 am

ThroughTheWell wrote: I thought the right way to read hex maps was numbers on a diagonal slant like "\", and the characters in columns straight up and down. Otherwise I don't see how #17-24 make sense, or what the 4 'rows' before 0 would be numbered.

That is correct. Letter upwards to north, numbers down and right to southeast. :)
There is no other way to put koordinates on hex than having both koordinate-axis be on a 60° angle to each other.
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 am

This sounds interesting - room for one more?
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

I will create swamps at H5, H6 & G6 G5, using 9 points and bringing me to 0 I think.

EDIT: I can't post a picture while I'm in work, so if Nerre can colour in my squares for me that would be great. Otherwise, I'll post my picture this evening once I'm home (in about 6 hours).
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:21 am

Dlover wrote:... So who's with me on being public about our actions? I don't have any secrets to keep.

The PM sending was an old idea, already dead after talking to Quarg. The game is public, just post your pcitures here. :)
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 am

I'll post an image of what I think you mean momentarily Thinks.

Is that what you were after Thinks?
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 am

I actually meant G5, not G6 (sorry - can't read coordinates apparently!) - thanks for the picture!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:21 am

I am waiting for asks to make a legal turn. Since he has only 11 points, he can only do 3 landshape actions. Landshaping 3, climate 2. For the rest read the manual please. :)

- the god of mysteries arises mysterious mountains in the northeast of the world, creating a cliffy and furrowed mountain ridge, rising directly out of the see. (like the scandinavian westside).
- the god of food is hungry and eating, and didn't decide what to do yet, only what he wants. Seems he likes bananas and coconuts, since he likes islands.
- the silver flame burned through the wastelands at the northeastern shore with the flame of creation, leaving behind some gras land.
- the lord of order devides the land into smaller units, by presenting the southwester continent with a long mountain ridge.
- the goddess of the see wants to modify some land, too. But since she cannot exist for long out of the water, she takes it with her, leaving behind a large swamp in the central lowlands of the southwestern continent.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Dawn of World 1 (Turn 0)

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 am

Haha - this is fun :D

I look forward to seeing what people create, and perhaps steal some ideas for game 2 (should one run :D).
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 am

TO be honest, there's no reason for there not to be several versions of the game running at the same time with different players making up different worlds. Maybe once this one's had a chance to trial the ruleset for a while other versions / mods could be introduced for other games?

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 am

Yes, you can always start a second one, just make it clear in the topic name:
Dawn of World 2

We can make it like with the killers game, keeping a list of previous/paralell games. Different GMs hosting different games at the same time, and a new game after their game is done. Just don't get mixed up. ;)
I wouldn't want to plan or think about modding the rules yet, we didn't even start. If they work i don't see a reason to mod them even if it is Game 50. ;)

If it is easy to manage, i will even start a second one myself, seeing so many people interessted. Now that the sprites are done, it is not much more work. :)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 am

One day I shall create a portal to World 1 and unleash darkness the likes of which has never before been imagined! [bwahahahahahahahahaha!]

:evil:
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 am

oh so i don't claim the islands i terrafrom them :o

well the series of islands on the west side between the two big continets i turn in nice tropical hilly island full of trees and plant life
Last edited by askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am

- the god of mysteries arises mysterious mountains in the northeast of the world, creating a cliffy and furrowed mountain ridge, rising directly out of the see. (like the scandinavian westside).

Since it was U13 and surrounding, it is the continent in the South East. But your updated picture has it right.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 am

Sooo what you guys planning? I was thinking of making a coastal or plain city. Maybe throw in a couple humanoid creatures with some Chivalry. Its still a toss up on the creatures. Might go with one of the more standard races(human/dwarf), but been thinking some more bestial race could be fun.

Course nothing concrete since circumstances will most likely change before I get to do any of that.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 am

I am waiting for asks to make a legal turn. Since he has only 11 points, he can only do 3 landshape actions. Landshaping 3, climate 2. For the rest read the manual please. :)

- the god of mysteries arises mysterious mountains, dividing the southeastern continent in half.
- the god of food likes bananas and coconuts. Therefore he chooses a chain of islands, puts some hills onto them and fills them with tropical climate, allowing a wide range of plants to grow there.
- the silver flame burned through the wastelands at the northeastern shore with the flame of creation, leaving behind some gras land.
- the lord of order wants a clearer seperation of land and water, and therefore raises the headland at the east end of the northern continent, creating a cliffy and furrowed mountain ridge, rising directly out of the see. (like the scandinavian westside).
- the goddess of the see wants to modify some land, too. But since she cannot exist for long out of the water, she takes it with her, leaving behind a large swamp in the central lowlands of the southwestern continent.

Dice result for turn 1
god 1: 8 (2. on second throw)
god 2: 10
god 3: 7
god 4: 8 (1. on second throw)
god 5: 6

This leaves you with this order for your moves and amount of points:
god 2: Taberah (God of the Silver Flame) = 14 points
god 4: Askstoomuch (God of Food) = 9 points
god 1: thinkslogically (Goddess of the Sea) = 9 points
god 3: Dlover (Jhaz, Lord of Order) = 8 points
god 5: ThroughTheWell (God of Mysteries) = 7 points

Make your moves. :)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am

anyone know a pdf reader i can download i can't read the rules so i don't have a idea what to do :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games