Shared World

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Shared World

Postby Haragorn on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I very much like the idea of a shared world, and I know some of you do too. I have made a procedural world generator (which I've posted about before) which can easily create and simulate worlds over time, with interactions between various civilizations. I've gotten 20 different worlds geographically mapped out for people to decide between. It's simple enough to get others. Whichever one (or couple) people like most, I'll run through probably about 10,000 years of history, and export everything. I have to link to the album, as the images are too tall for this forum, so here are the maps: http://imageshack.us/g/12/42214004.png/. You'll have to click through twice to get to the full-size maps.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Re: Shared World

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 am

As far as I know, regular rivers tends to flow from higher points to lower points, judging from the maps this is not always the case... Magic, eh? :)
I like the idea, although don't really got what the aim is. We choose something and watch it grow up by itself (like a preset cell-automat which is also fun to watch), or will we interact it with / in it?
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 am

It'd really just be a shared setting for games.

I don't know what you mean about the rivers. They all flow downwards, just not to the lowest adjacent point.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:25 am

The world is really Island-y. It should be more continental. I don't know how to change that though.
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 am

I like number 14. Most of the oceans are self contained. I like the idea of a place whose navy is divided by land.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Goblins Games