TW Serial Killers - Round 38 - Game Over

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: TW Serial Killers - Round 38

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry about that Reads but I left plenty of time for sign ups. Also the update is late but that's what you all have come to expect from me...

The Kill of Death

Death jumps on the bed. I open my eyes. Death looks down at me. Death’s red eyes burn brightly in the dark. The smell of brimstone fills my nose. Death jumps from the bed. I rise. I look at Death. Death looks at me. I know what Death wants. There is an appointment to be met.

I rise. I walk into the hall. Death leads me down the hall. The door is barred. But you can never bar Death. Death passes through the door. The door swings open. I step through the door. I look down at the figure in the bed.

I take a blade of darkest night. I plunge it down. The red crimson of life erupts from the bed. Death looks on. Death is happy. Death laps at the red crimson. Death likes Kitty blood.

I carve into the door the Hex of Death.

PeRf SPNL RMNL RSRf RNRc RURe

It is for those who Quest.

Victim: ByeByeKitty

01) Quarg
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
07) Nerre
08) KittiHello

1 Killer, 1 Detective, 1 Judge, 2 Witnesses, and 3 Regulars
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Seems that the reading is trying to suggest Death is a dog, particularly a hellhound. Not sure what to think of the Hex of Death though.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dlover on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 pm

I really have no clue what to make of this. Perhaps the 'Blade of darkest night' and 'red crimson of life' have some relevance, but I'm not sure.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 am

lets see what we have
Quarg was online today, no post
thatguy has The corner of your eye as his position In his profile, but he hasn't bin online for 7 days
Davecom3 was online today, and has a similar writing stile in older posts
TemptsFate I think he would have used a link in his kill, he appears to be fond of them
Dover has a interest in canine animals, and death appears to be a dog.
Nerre No i don't think you did it
KittiHello probably next victime

vote

Davecom3.......1......(kelten)
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 am

You really think I'd pull the canine clue for both first and second time as killer?
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:13 am

I wasn't in the game the last time you did it :P
And I'm just stating facts taken by a quick view of peoples profiles and there old posts!
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am

Kelten, I'd have to argue that I rarely use a first person singular for a character I've created, so I'm unlikely to use it at this point. In fact, I have trouble seeing how you can conclude whether or not my writing style for a killer would be similar to this, and if there's no evidence that it would be, then the writing style seems an unlikely clue for me to use. If you have no other evidence pointing my direction, I'd advise strongly against casting a vote towards me for that.

Also, I rarely use a present tense when I'm writing a story. It's more comfortable to write as if the things have already occured, but the killer here writes in present tense throughout their kill. Also, it may be noted that I tend to make things into complex or compound sentences rather than keeping sentences so short as some of these. Thus, I'm truly puzzled by why you've concluded my writing style is the same as the killer's.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 am

And an important question, why is Quest capitalized? I'd guess it relates to one of the board games, but the probability that it relates to Slaves of the Ring seems rather low. If it relates to one of the games that I am in elsewhere, it's hard to see how it would be related to Magic School, Villains, or Last Post Wins on the Mayhem board, and the chances that I'll use information to give a clue towards myself that cannot be figured out using this board as reference seems rather low, as it would seem to be cheating things considerably, and I'm not sure they'd be reasonably accepted as clues if I did so.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Quarg on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:28 am

First, Kelten I assume you selected Davcom3 by process of elimination, but you made no statement on Davcom3.
Second, I did post on other threads...I was just waiting for the Playboy to get to posting.

Third, Davcom3 everything you says makes sense. But usually most killers do not write kills in their own native style....if they want to win the game...

Fourth, As for the Quest business. I have no idea but let us look at the capitalized words:

Death, Hex, and Quest

And Death is used 13 times...

*Shrugs*

Right now I suspect Davecom3 because he doth protest too much without supplying a viable candidate and Kelten for supplying a candidate on the weakest of reasons.

Kelten...........1......(Quarg)
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby KittiHello on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 am

People with crappy logic are usually either a detective or a killer... but with witnesses now, that could include them also. And if you figure one detective, one killer, and two witnesses, the people behaving in a guilty way SHOULD number 50% of our population.
Crap.
Hm. What to do, what to do...

Q for Quest, Q for Qwarg. I'll go for it.

Kelten............1......(Quarg)
Quarg............1......(KittiHello)
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's UStream channel. If you need help with anything, let me know. We're all always willing to lend a hand.

Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 16, with partner: the world-famous Warlock.
Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 24, with partner: Wildman.
KittiHello
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

And, in a sense, Hex would also seem to indicate Dlover, but I'm uncertain whether to trust the link between Hex and 6 as evidence. I tend to prefer not to vote against anybody too early, so I tend not to throw a vote upon somebody just because I've been voted against.

Crimson could be an indicator of kelten, because kelten has used a red color for his ghost speech when he was a killer, and kelten's arguments against me seem spotty at best. Whether this is an indication of something, I really can't say. And nobody in this thread seems to be connected to the game that would seem to most link to that Quest clue.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

davecom3 wrote:Seems that the reading is trying to suggest Death is a dog, particularly a hellhound. Not sure what to think of the Hex of Death though.

"PeRf SPNL RMNL RSRf RNRc RURe" is this english onomatopoeia for dog sounds? i'm no native so i'm not shure. only know BARK and ARF for dog sounds. I reads to me like thats a code the killer writes together with the hex. But why "for those who quest?"....hmmm.

i don't understand why you talke about dogs. he uses a blade of darkest night to kill the kitty. hex = curse, bane, right?

i got no idea, but a sword stabbing somebody and much blood, that reminds me of keltens avatar. thats the best fit (and only one?) i can find at the moment. thats why i dont think its Kelten, cause its the most obvious association i can find. But the victim has been a Kitty, so i think maybe kitty is the killer and wants to direct our thoughts away from her as a killer. Thats why i vote for her.

Kelten............1......(Quarg)
KittiHello........1......(Nerre)

do we have to vote every turn, or can we skip if we got no clue?
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:34 pm

We don't have to vote every turn, but every turn somebody will die. Basically, if you put "the dog" in place of "Death", it makes a great deal of sense, with a dog lapping at something and being the natural enemy to a cat. I'm really not sure who is the guilty person, but I figure I should cast a vote one way or another. Think I'll have to vote Kelten. Though I'm not totally convinced it is him, with killers switching their writing style being pointed out, and with the fact that I don't believe this fits my writing style, and so with his argument being considerably spotty, I think it's definitely possible he's trying to mislead by casting suspicion on me.

Kelten............2......(Quarg, Davecom3)
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby kelten on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

davecom3, my suspision on you is as flimsy as those of everyone ells. I just cast my vote fearing that id lack tome later.

You know that isn't my killing stile Quarg! The claymore in the kill is clearly not found yet! Oh, I gave my reasons very speedy, after just a moments glance, I'm kind of out of time nowadays... :(

Now attacking Quarg because of the capital Q, and as a revenge attack! :D

Quarg............2......(KittiHello, kelten)
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:08 pm

davecom3 wrote:And, in a sense, Hex would also seem to indicate Dlover

Can you specify what that sense is?

Anyway, random vote since I can't decide on whose 'evidence' is more convincing.

Quarg............2......(KittiHello, kelten)
Nerre.............1......(Dlover)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Hex- as in hexagon is a prefix that means 6, which is your player number. I thought I did explain it basically by saying the connection between hex and 6. Bi-, Tri-, Quad-, Pent-, Hex-, Sept-, Oct-, and so forth.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Kelten, we know that the black blade is not the claymore, how exactly?
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Quarg on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, the chances are I am dead unless the Judge went the other way...

But knowing my luck it is Kitty... :grumble:

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Sorry for the late post. I had to deal with some woman troubles....

Quarg............3......(KittiHello, kelten, Judge Vote)
Nerre.............1......(Dlover)

"I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Odd yelled at the participants of this round. He walked over to Dlover and punched him in the gut "This is your fault" he said before transforming into a large dwarf and running Quarg through with an axe. Oh guess what, Quarg was the trowel holder but I rolled a 13 which means it doesn't do anything...

01) Quarg - Run through, Was Death.
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
07) Nerre
08) KittiHello
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: TW Serial Killers - Round 38 - Game Over

Postby davecom3 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Well, I was a false witness this time, and was pointed at kelten. I think KittiHello was the true witness, and kelten was the judge, but I don't know that for certain. My reasoning is that the witnesses are more likely to vote for the person who is revealed to them, so kelten not having done so would mean he wasn't the witness. Moreover, since he initially voted against the other witness, I had quickly ruled him out as a possibility for witness, as it would have resulted in two false witnesses.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dlover on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am

^Odd blamed me, yet you think I had no role? I was the judge, and placed my extra vote on Quarg, while voting for Nerre to make it seem like I wasn't important. Yes, judges are allowed to split their votes.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 am

Haha, no, i was the witness! :roll:
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 am

That was a really short game...1 week to collect players, over in a day. ;)
Curse of the Gold:
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 am

It was short indeed.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 am

You know...

None of you actually got my clue...

And in reality it was just too ganged up on to have a chance...

*Shrugs*

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games