TW Serial Killers - Round 38 - Game Over

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

TW Serial Killers - Round 38 - Game Over

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:44 pm

THUNTWORLD SERIAL KILLERS - Round 38 (Host: Theonewhoisodd)

~~~~~READ THIS~~~~~

New Roles:
These roles may be added this round:
Possessor - When this person dies they can choose one person to 'possess' and they can keep killing unless that person is killed. Neither the possessed or other killers may be informed who the possessed person is. The possessor must put clues into their kills who they have possessed.

Judge - This person has two votes per turn. This person needs to only vote once for their double vote to count or they can PM the host if they want to put their votes in for two different people.

Also we will be converting back to my original design for witnesses and False witnesses where they get the identity instead of clues.

The lynch voting will close precisely at
10:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT -5 hours)
Any votes marked/kills sent after this time will not be counted.
Updates posted shortly thereafter

Signups, however, close whenever I feel like it, and there is no limit to how many people may sign up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How it works
Changed/new rules are in italics.

Welcome to Thuntworld Serial Killers, a forum-based murder-mystery game where people die on a daily basis and wild theories are tossed around like rag dolls!

The host will secretly select participating players at random to play the role of the killer, sent to them via private message. A killer’s job is to craft a written passage (or screenshot, soundclip, artwork, or video, if they’re feeling particularly crafty) every day and PM it back to the host. The first of these is what we call the dummy kill - this will give an idea of the killer’s writing style. Every day after that, the killer may select one person to die that round, working it into their kill. The host will present the kills to the entire thread at a specified time each day.

The citizens of the thread must then vote for the person they feel is guiltiest. This person will be lynched at the end of the round. If the innocent citizens lynch all the killers, the citizens win! If the killers evade notice and kill off enough people to outnumber the innocents, the killers win! Each round tends to last one week. Use anything from poltergeists to kitchen utensils, from orange juice to acidic poison, and from simple stab wounds to nursery rhymes. And remember, keep your identity a secret! Kills must also contain at least one clue per turn to the killer's identity (this can be as convoluted as you wish, but must be there).

* The host is always right. No exceptions.
*The host has the right to interpret item effects and trowel effects as he/she sees fit.
* The number of killers each round is determined by the number of players, as is the number/inclusion of any additional roles. The more citizens, the more roles!
* All roles are chosen by random selection and given out secretly by PM.
* Roles must be accepted, if someone does not accept their role within 18 hours the role will be given to someone else.
* The citizens must try and work out who the killers are and vote accordingly. The person with the highest number of votes gets lynched at the same time kills are posted. The host then reveals if the person was a killer or not.
* Every day each killer sends in a single kill. The host then updates this post to show who has died and posts the kills and a lynch, if there is one.
* If by the end of the round the killers outnumber the citizens, or there is only one of each left, the killers win.
* The list of players at the top of this post is updated with every murder and lynch to show those who are alive and those who are dead.
* Citizens who sign up to be in the game must actively participate in the game.
* To sign up, post a sign up list with your display name added to it.
* If something comes up suddenly and you no longer wish to participate BEFORE the game has started, simply remove your name from the list. If you change your mind AFTER the game has started, PM the host and she will graciously remove you from the round.
* Citizens who do not post votes for 3 updates will be slaughtered mercilessly. For example, if Lord Cummerbund posts all during the 1st update, but goes mysteriously silent after the 2nd, and stays so during the 3rd and 4th, he will be killed in the 5th update.
* Player may miss no more than 4 votes, this includes abstaining. Players are also required to write at least 3 sentences per day.
Participation helps the citizens.... Really!
* Player may abstain from voting, but this should be limited to less than 50% of the time.
* Players may not vote for themselves as a method of avoiding voting for another player without abstaining. Any player who votes for himself or herself is considered to have abstained.
* Players voting for anything other than a living player are also considered to have abstained.
* There are no Citizen Suicides.
* Don't go making a sock puppet account just for this game. I will only accept kills sent from the account I have down as the killer.
* The host is always right. No exceptions.

(Special Cases can be dealt with, so PM the host if you have any questions.)

The explanations for the roles and the rest of the rules can be found on the Rules Thread here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Winners:
Round 1: Citizens (Donnigan)
Round 2: Killers (Warlock, Kelten)
Round 3: Citizens (Charles81, RandomMerc, Ming)
Round 4: Citizens (Martinthegoblin, Grim1812, MakesMumCry

Round 5: Killers (psychotic, Wolfie21384, Donnigan)
Round 6: Killers (darkcloud317, knucklekraken, BeamStalk, kelten, HD: Silentobserver)

Round 7: Citizens (BurnsBees, harmsc12, kitsune106)
Round 8: Killers (Kitsune, Warlock, SeeAMoose, notimportant, HD: LooksandSmiles)
Round : Citizens (Zathyra, Orzahn vs. Pointsthingsout, Silentobserver).
Round 10: Citizens (Vid20, CrossWired vs Warlock, HerdsCats)

Round 11: Citizens (Silentobserver, Donnigan, BeamStalk)
Round 12: Citizens (SeeAMoose, xvegeitim, Whooh)
Round 13: Killers (Blitzanger, EvilCoatrack, Kelten, HD: PicksupSticks)
Round 14: Citizens (Wildman vs. Wolfie21384 vs. m0rtimer vs. HerdsCats vs. Darkcloud317)
Round 15: Citizens (PicksUpSticks vs. Vancent vs. BurnsBees)

Round 16: Killers (Warlock, kittihello)
Round 17: Killers (Coalesce, Theonewhoisodd, HD: Zathyra)

Round 18: Citizens (thekool, Kide)
Round 19: Citizens (thatguy, theonewhoisodd)

Round 20: Killers (SeeAMoose, ReadsVoraciously, Ducky: xvegietim)
Round 21: Citizens (Kelten, SharesLoot)
Round 22: Citizens (alopex, kurik, xvegietim)

Round 23: Killers (Quarg, RandomMerc, The kool)
Round 24: Killers (KittiHello, Wildman)
Round 25: Killers (PicksUpSticks, PSychotic)
Round 26: Citizens (Wolfie21384)
Round 27: Killers (Kurik, m0rtimer, AiryBunny HD: BurnsBees)
Round 28: Killers (Alopex VS. Kurik)

Round 29: Lightning Round (Wildman, Sharesloot)
Round 30: Killer (Wolfie21384)
Round 31: Citizens (Theonewhoisodd, Dlover, SpeaksLoudly)
Round 32: Citizens (thatguy, kurik)

Round 33: Killer (Wildman, Rubber Hench Ducky: SeeAMoose)
Round 34: Citizens (Wolfie21384, PicksUpSticks)
Round 35: Citizens (alopex)
Round 36: Citizens (SharesLoot, Theonewhoisodd)

Round 37: True Loves (Killer: KnuckleKraken Innocent: SharesLoot)

Host List:
Rounds 1-5: Harmsc12
Rounds 6-7: Warlock
Rounds 8-10: Wolfie21384 (This is the last time that we had multiple rounds in one thread)
Rounds 11-12: NonSequtur
Rounds 13-18: SeeAMoose
Rounds 19-24: Wolfie21384
Rounds 25-30: Theonewhoisodd
Rounds 31-36: ReadsVoraciously
Rounds 37-???: Theonewhoisodd

Trowel Contest:
Write a short story about how your goblin/creature/character spent the holiday season and PM it to me. (Please be reasonable about the length)
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: TW Serial Killers - Round 38

Postby Quarg on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:34 am

Well it is either sign up or be force fed shapeshifter...

1.) Quarg...
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm

1.) Quarg
2.)thatguy
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kelten on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 pm

1.) Quarg
2.) thatguy
3.) Kelten
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 pm

1.) Quarg
2.) thatguy
3.) Kelten
4.) davecom3
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby TemptsFate on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am

01) Quarg
02) thatguy
03) Kelten
04) davecom3
05) TemptsFate

Happy year 2012 everyone!
Image - Image - Image - Image
Klik emoticons (Klikies) by SolarGranulation and WhiteHawk- read more here.
I think this is a great idea! Creative people go ahead and make more and add them to your sig for all to use in their posts!
TemptsFate
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

01) Quarg
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 am

I still have yet to receive any entries in the trowel contest. Come on it's not that hard. Also I am going to close sign-ups at 10 PM EST on the fifteenth.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I hope we have a few more people showing up during that time. Six seems a bit limited for a serial killer game.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 am

Put me in as #7
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 am

01) Quarg
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
07) Nerre
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KittiHello on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:16 pm

*sigh* I'll try.

01) Quarg
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
07) Nerre
08) KittiHello
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's UStream channel. If you need help with anything, let me know. We're all always willing to lend a hand.

Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 16, with partner: the world-famous Warlock.
Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 24, with partner: Wildman.
KittiHello
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SeeAMoose on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 pm

I would if I could... but I can't, sorry.
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Eight people = three rounds...

This is going to be a fast game... :shifty:

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 am

i just noticed you play this a little different than used to me in real world.

Do i get it right: if there are two killers, they kill two citizens every turn?
In my real life version, everbody closes his eyes, except for the host. Then he tells the killers to open their eyes. Now they know each other. The have to point out ONE target together silently. So no matter if you have 1,2 or more killers, only one citizens dies. This makes the turns even for both parties (every party kills only 1 person each turn), and you don't need as much players to have a game lasting more than a 1-2 turns.

How about us playing with this options? The killers are named to each other by the host, then they can talk via PM and then both send their decision whom to kill to the host by pm. if they can't decide on one target, the host flips a coin to see which of the targets gets killed.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TemptsFate on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:38 am

Nerre this is a completely different game. It has evolved into an awesome and quite balanced game. Fact is being a killer is no easier here than in Mafia since the killers have to give proof of their identity and are found quickly if they don't play smart.
It's a bit complex but this is a RPG forum after all Image
I think this is a great idea! Creative people go ahead and make more and add them to your sig for all to use in their posts!
TemptsFate
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:14 pm

now im curious :)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I don't think there are enough players for a second killer anyway, are there?
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Don't think so, and probably not enough for the possessor role, as it's effectively 2 killers in and of itself.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Dave is right there won't be a possessor this round.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby TemptsFate on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 pm

So we're 8 people. Means we probably have 1 killer, 1 detective, 1 trowel holder and 5-6 roleless shmucks ImageHi shmucks!

Except if Odd is generous and we also have true loves, true and false witnesses, a bloodhound, a hench ducky... okay, maybe everyone has a role Image

We'll see. When do signups close? Or have they actually closed and it means there are shmucks after all?
TemptsFate
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kelten on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 am

so its a 8 player game this time... :shifty: who's the killer? :P
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 am

Damn you and your insidious addictive poison, TWSK!

01) Quarg
02) ThatGuy
03) Kelten
04) Davecom3
05) TemptsFate
06) Dlover
07) Nerre
08) KittiHello
09) ReadsVoraciously

Assuming signups haven't closed yet.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 am

I think they probably are, since Odd said they close at 10 pm on the 15th, and it was already 8:13 am on the 17th when you posted your sign-up. So you seem to have missed the deadline for signing up, Reads. Sorry about that.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Quarg on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Random lynch Vote

Kelten.....1 (Quarg)

Why? Because he asked who the killer is, which means he is the killer. We all know that only the killer wants to know who everyone thinks is the killer before they start killing, because it allows them to focus on individuals who are less likely to be lynched.*

We caught you Kelten. So just give up :wink:

*The author disavows any knowledge of actually believing his own post and/or the validity of any vote currently posted per his alcohol induced posting.

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Goblins Games