Threads of Reality: OOC Thread

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Threads of Reality: OOC Thread

Postby PicksUpSticks on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 pm

We had this for Goblin Hero's and it worked really well. Its somewhere we can talk and discuss future plans and ideas outside of the thread itself. That way our moves don't get all cluttered and make it that much harder on M0rt.

And just because I feel like the first post should have something of value in it...

Born and Raised - Ranger

Cut and paste - Cleric

Dares Devils - Zerker

Destroys Nations - Mage

Hears Disembodied Voices - Zerker

One Bluff Too Many - Rogue

Picks The Plan - Warrior

Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On- Mage
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Re: Threads of Reality: OOC Thread

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 am

I'm cool with this. Even if it's going to mean me being lower on the Top forum games. :lol: :wink:
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 am

Hey guys I was thinking we should put our gold on one person and have him be in charge of picking gear for everyone. Make sure we all have some basic equipment.

I think I'm going to spend the next few turns talking to that warrior. Try to learn the surrounding area, good places to hunt, ways to make money, and whatever else you guys want me to ask.

Also... Would anyone be opposed to me ultimately trying to get him a spot on our team? Not going to ask until after my/your questions are answered.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 am

As I said in the main thread, I'm fine with it, and though Hears wouldn't really be happy about it, he wouldn't object either.

As for the money thing - It would probably be better for multiple people to do the buying if they have the time, as it would be faster.
And on that note, it would also be better to have the goblins buying stuff be naturally charismatic, so I'll probably be relying on you guys to buy Hears' equipment ( :shifty: :nervous: :gonk: )
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am

Dusk9 wrote:As I said in the main thread, I'm fine with it, and though Hears wouldn't really be happy about it, he wouldn't object either.

As for the money thing - It would probably be better for multiple people to do the buying if they have the time, as it would be faster.
And on that note, it would also be better to have the goblins buying stuff be naturally charismatic, so I'll probably be relying on you guys to buy Hears' equipment ( :shifty: :nervous: :gonk: )

You can still try diplomancy even if you class doesn't call for it.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 am

BurnsBees wrote:
Dusk9 wrote:As I said in the main thread, I'm fine with it, and though Hears wouldn't really be happy about it, he wouldn't object either.

You can still try diplomancy even if you class doesn't call for it.

Unfortunately, my Jekyll and Hyde trait puts me at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to diplomacy. I can still try, but the rest of you are probably better choices when it comes to haggling for prices.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 am

For all we know, the Warrior killed a lot of Hobgoblins. We should never ally with a murderer of our allies.

[general diplomacy]We are in a diplomatic catch 22. While the bonds with the humans are really really important, it is probably a cause of hate between us and the other "monster" races. We might have to choose sides.[/general diplomacy]
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 pm

SlamsWithSticks wrote:For all we know, the Warrior killed a lot of Hobgoblins. We should never ally with a murderer of our allies.

[general diplomacy]We are in a diplomatic catch 22. While the bonds with the humans are really really important, it is probably a cause of hate between us and the other "monster" races. We might have to choose sides.[/general diplomacy]

You do make a good point, that would be bad PR. I'm just going to ask him for information then, probably better to find a healer of some kind anyways.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 pm

While I'm in favor of giving our gold to one person, I also think that that necessitates being very careful about looking at all our options before we pick something to buy. Keep in mind that we can make some cheap armor out of basically nothing. A shield might be nice, assuming it allows the user to focus on defending for a turn without taking damage - but that's pretty optimistic. I would say ideally, what we want is something that can improve Cut and Paste's healing magic, or allow one of our mages to use healing. Or maybe some further training in potions?

As for human-monster relations, I actually think we should try to avoid choosing sides - remember, our ultimate goal here is to show that regular ol' goblins can be heroes, too. If we push away humans, that makes a powerful statement, but it's not going to make them like us - in fact, it'd primarily say "we don't need humans," which is the wrong message.

Likewise, if we push away monster races, then this turns into the story of eight traitorous goblins who turned to the side of the civilized world in order to save it, which might actually be worse for goblinkind than proving that we don't need humans to help us.
Threads of Reality
Born and Raised - Lvl 1 Ranger (7/10 EXP)
HP:3/5 ATT:3 (1+2) DEF:3 (2+1)
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArcticTornado on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 pm

I think it's be good if someone kept a list of links to significant story events, because I just spent ten minutes trying to find the post where we were given our mission... and failed. Also, did I hear mention of gambling in the tavern? :D

note to everyone: While I'm trying to make bluff fairly charismatic, I must never be given all the gold for extended periods of time.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:47 pm

It's gambling fo sho! AWESOME!
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:50 pm

ArcticTornado wrote:I think it's be good if someone kept a list of links to significant story events, because I just spent ten minutes trying to find the post where we were given our mission... and failed. Also, did I hear mention of gambling in the tavern? :D

note to everyone: While I'm trying to make bluff fairly charismatic, I must never be given all the gold for extended periods of time.

I can do that if you want. Make some links on one of the obsidianportal pages, that or notes. Offcourse, you guys would have to post (preferably here I'd guess) what you'd want me to post on it.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:17 pm

you could do short summaries of each update, or a list of significant events if you want.

EX:
Day 3: A few people walked to the town. The barbarian was defeated. Studies found a map.
OR
Dungeon of deadly doom: After leaving the city, the goblins explored the D of DD and found...etc.

As for who should hold the money, Studies wouldn't lose it, but mainly because he's going to spend most of his time studying and learning. You guys would have to go ask him for money when you wanted.(the first bank of Studies is open for business! :) )
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:31 am

madmartin26 wrote:you could do short summaries of each update, or a list of significant events if you want.

EX:
Day 3: A few people walked to the town. The barbarian was defeated. Studies found a map.
OR
Dungeon of deadly doom: After leaving the city, the goblins explored the D of DD and found...etc.

As for who should hold the money, Studies wouldn't lose it, but mainly because he's going to spend most of his time studying and learning. You guys would have to go ask him for money when you wanted.(the first bank of Studies is open for business! :) )

Whilst I could do this, it'd mean extra work for me, and everyone knows I'm a lazy bastard. :lol:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 am

m0rtimer wrote:
madmartin26 wrote:you could do short summaries of each update, or a list of significant events if you want.

EX:
OR

Whilst I could do this, it'd mean extra work for me, and everyone knows I'm a lazy bastard. :lol:

If you invited those of us with Obsidian Portal accounts into the game, we'd be able to modify it that way. And by we, I mean someone else :shifty:
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:47 am

Dusk9 wrote:
m0rtimer wrote:

EX:
OR

If you invited those of us with Obsidian Portal accounts into the game, we'd be able to modify it that way. And by we, I mean someone else :shifty:

Nope. That's a premium only feature.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:45 am

m0rtimer wrote:
Nope. That's a premium only feature.

Nope. I've been invited to Lair of the Mountain King, Slaves to the Ring, The Forsaken, and The Labyrinths Tests, and I can edit all of them freely :wink: (at least, as far as I can tell I can :shifty: ).
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am

Hey, now you mention it! But I was sure that... I think it's that you probably can't choose more then one DM per campaing unless your VIP, which means you can't look into the secret DM area. So, yea, I could invite some of you guys so you can use one of the ObsidianPortal pages for easy linkage or notes. The adventure log page could be used for this.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby madmartin26 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 am

cool. Well, if you want to invite us, my obsidianportal username is the same as my username here. :)
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am

madmartin26 wrote:cool. Well, if you want to invite us, my obsidianportal username is the same as my username here. :)

Sent an invite. Now, everyone. Give me your obsidianportal name so I can invite you as well. :P
I'm working on the update by the way, so expect it soon. It looks like we're gonna need an action for Random, since he appears to be absent for some reason.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 am

I guess the obvious choice is have him explore the arena.
Threads of Reality
Born and Raised - Lvl 1 Ranger (7/10 EXP)
HP:3/5 ATT:3 (1+2) DEF:3 (2+1)
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 am

Godbot wrote:I guess the obvious choice is have him explore the arena.

I agree with this.

Also, my username's the same too.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

Dusk9 wrote:
Godbot wrote:I guess the obvious choice is have him explore the arena.

I agree with this.

Also, my username's the same too.

I am going to the arena right now
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:01 am

I'm going to begin working on this update later today, but sadly, I cannot give guarantees that I will be able to actually finish it today yet. I could be optimistic and say that it's looking like things will clear up in due time and that I will once again have the proper amount of time needed to update daily. Sadly, it doesn't.

I might have to start flipping up the daily schedule I had thus far. For now, let us presume I am a time wizard and can update daily until I make it official.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PicksUpSticks on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 am

Does anyone know what we are missing? I feel like there was a subtle hint from M0rt that we are ignoring some big issue.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot