TWSK Round 37.1 - Intermission 1

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

TWSK Round 37.1 - Intermission 1

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 am

Hello, my dear fellow goblins and other critters from the Gobl'INN!

Our gracious host has decided to declare TWSK Round 38 the "lost round" for now and will relaunch it in 2012. I'm fine with that, but what happens to the Gobl'Inn until then? I need my rootbeer cold and on time! I can't just wander around the inn and search the trash bins next to the kitchen entrance for any half-empty bottles! Okay, I already did that. What? I'm a goblin, for crying out loud! I don't need to adhere to any fancy notions of hygiene.

Right, back on topic. I have cooked up a very simple yet super effective set of rules for the Intermission Round!

Thuntworld Serial Killers: Intermission Round
This round, there will be no need for PMs or DMs (I hope). Everyone knows the killers and can decide to be one or lynch one themselves! Compared to a normal TWSK round, the rules are really simple.

Intermission Rules
  1. General Info
    Everyone starts out without a role. Whether you become an innocent citizen, turn into a killer, or assume the role of detective is completely up to you!
    You automatically participate in the round and assume a role the first time you post in this thread.
    To help the other players indentify you, please end your posts by writing your role: CITIZEN, KILLER or DETECTIVE.
  2. Assuming a Role
    Once you have assumed a killer or detective role, you are stuck with it until you are killed. A citizen can turn into a killer or detective at any time, but there is no way back until they die.
    CITIZENs: The default role is citizen. No special tag or info is required. Simply post anything, from nonsense to a nice RP post.
    KILLERs: To become a killer, all you need to do is post a kill in the usual kill format (Large-size Kill of ..., then story text, then Victim: ...).
    The victim can be any previous poster who is still alive and not a killer.
    After your first kill, feel free to continue killing in your next post, but this is optional! (Hint: having many people out to kill you might be bad for your health... :wink: )
    DETECTIVEs: To become a detective (in this round these are policeman, not undercover!), all you need to do is write a kill as well, in the same format. The only requirement is that your victim is a killer.
    There is no limit to the number of detectives (or killers, for that matter), and I trust that this will balance itself. No use becoming a detective when there's no killer to bring to justicekill, eh?
  3. Dead or Alive
    Dead players are players that have been killed by a killer/detective.
    Dead players have to post in color!
    You are automatically resurrected when the person that killed you dies. Until then, you can only haunt the Inn or your murderer, or drink misty cocktails at the ghost bar in the rafters.
    After resurrection, you can re-enter the Inn and assume a role by posting according to the roles' requirements.
  4. Gang of Ghosts
    If one side has gained complete dominance (all citizens and detectives are dead, or all killers are dead), then the ghosts of the dead players can gang up on a living player and haunt him until the player does the unthinkable: Kill a teammate!
    Haunting is simple: A dead player writes "I whisper to xyz to kill abc" in their preferred ghostly color. If at least 3 ghosts whisper to the same xyz to kill abc, it simply happens.
    Both the killed teammate and their murderer die (the latter for "breaking the rules"), and all players that either of them killed are immediately resurrected (except them themselves, of course).
  5. Winning the Game
    This is a more open-ended game than a normal TWSK round. However, it does have winning conditions!
    If all players in one team remain "dead" for more than 72 hours OR no member of either team posts for 72 hours, the living players in the other team win!
  6. Game Host
    I will be the game host if the need arises, but I will only play that card if you force my hand.
    Otherwise, I will simply participate :D

Have fun!
Last edited by SharesLoot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Re: TWSK Round 37.1 - Intermission 1

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 am

Shares finally gives up knocking at the door of the Gobl'Inn.

Oh dear!
Seems no one is here,
But I really need a beer,
I'm thirsty from chasing that deer.
The door isn't open, that's clear,
so I will need to apply force, I fear.

The goblin drops the red-nosed reindeer she shot earlier that day into the snow and goes around to the back door leading to the Gobl'Inn's kitchen. After a few well-placed kicks, the old wooden door splinters away around the lock and Shares enters the cold, dark place.

After starting a fire in the hearth of the common room, she fires up the stove in the kitchen.
A few hours later, the inn is back in business. Snow-cooled root beer, ginger ale as well as the real stuff are ready to be served, and the lovely smell of roasted venison emanating from the kitchen is calling to everyone to try today's Rudolph dish.

:D :rootbeer:

CITIZEN

SPOILERS:This is the first time I started a Keenspot thread or a game :o - after nearly 1200 posts!
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:40 am

SPOILERS:So I'm guessing this intermission continues until 38?

D sits against the wall, the hood of his cloak pulled up to hide his eyes as he watches the proceedings around the Inn. Peaceful, for now, but for how long?

CITIZEN
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:16 am

Shares walks over to the hooded patron and asks him: "What can I do for you today, sir? Would you like some ale, or a dish of venision?"

CITIZEN

SPOILERS:No, Dlover, this round ends when a victory condition is met - as soon as people stop posting in this thread or when one of the factions has total control of the inn for over three days. Read "Winning the Game" in the rule post. When TWSK Round 38 starts up, this game will probably disappear, which is totally fine. If not, then I created a new hit, which should be ok as well.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:45 am

SPOILERS:Yeah, scanning doesn't work too well for me, even when there are subtitles which stand out clearly, it's just something I do horribly, but for some reason I do anyway without thinking about it.

"No drinks, but some venison would be appreciated."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:19 pm

SPOILERS:Cause right now we need a killer... :wink:

The "Accidental(?)" Kill of Doctor Doggie Waston

The ice cold wind cut at my neck, and I again wondered what had possessed me to take Home's advice and travel to this god forsaken place. The ice had built up on my cloak and hat, allowing a small gap to form which the wind was takng delight in exploiting to full effect. I grumbled about Homes and his most recent paramour running off to live in such a place. As I came around the bend, I noticed an inn high up on the hill. The location seemed quite odd to me, no sign of village or farm existed for miles around. And the place was massive, a long construct of stone and wood. The small windows and deep eaves gave the place a foreboding look that one finds so common in the penny dreadfuls.

Looking down the snow covered road, I decided that it would be prudent to avail myself of some hot food and a warm drink. I climbed up the hill, noticing now that the area between the road and the inn was apparently a graveyard. I shuddered, wondering what mind would think that this was an appropriate location for an inn. Likely one of those dreadful modern writers like that Doyle fellow. I shook my head as I finally approached the door of the inn.

I pulled it open, discovering that the hinges needed a good oiling. As I stepped into the warm common room I noticed that the place was completely deserted. I walked a few paces into the common room and looked around. And then that is when the trouble began.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something moving, small. My eyes turned to look at the doorway and there it was. In all my years of working with Holmes I had never expected to see something so small, and so absolutly impossible. There, before my eyes was a small creature with large pointed ears, no nose to speak of and some kind of large knife in its hands. It also wore a bloddied apron. In shock, I pulled out my revolver and leveled it at the creature. "Halt right there..." I shouted. Hoping that whatever it intended would be put off by the sight of my weapon.

As I stood there with my revolver pointed at the creature, a sound above my head made me start. I looked up and noticed a cloaked figure on a balcony. I could not make out any facial features at all, but a fringe of blue hair could be seen from the hood. I only knew of one man in my lifetime who would have blue hair, Moriarty. Startled I shifted my weapon towards the figure above me. "Hold or I will shoot!" I shouted. The cloaked figure appeared to raise up, as though about to jump from the balcony towards me. Beleiving myself to be in danger, I pulled the trigger. A moment later, the cloaked figure fell to the floor.

I looked down at the lifeless figure laying on the floor. The blue hair framed a face completely unlike Moriarty in every way. I knelt down to see if there was anything I could do. Although my bullet had only hit him in the leg, he had broken his neck in the fall. There was nothing I could do for the poor creature, but cover his lifeless body with his own cloak. And order myself a sarsaparilla tonic and some venison stew from the goblin proprietress. Who seemed to regard the dead body on her floor with great equanimity.

Victim: Dover
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

"At least have the decency to spell the name on my tombstone correctly."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 am

The door to the Gobl’INN creaked, announcing the arrival of another guest. Both the newly arrived human and the ever-beautiful Shares looked expectantly to the entrance as a figure crossed the threshold. The figure was cloaked and hooded, but as he shuffled into the room, Shares caught a glimpse of light blue skin. This, coupled with the book clutched in the creature’s hand, was more than enough for recognition to flash across her face.

“Welcome, Reads!”
”Evening, Shares.” Reads’ eyes darted to the undisturbed corpse of Dlover on the floor, and up to the corresponding ghostly figure relaxing in the rafters. Reads arched an eyebrow at Shares, glancing meaningfully at Dlover’s body. “Business as usual, I suppose?”
“Surprisingly, no. This gentleman mistook Dlover for a dangerous blue-haired criminal. He shot him in the leg in what he thought was self-defense. He only intended to wound him, but the fall from the balcony broke his neck.”
“Hmmm.” A thoughtful look crossed Reads’ face for a moment. Noticing the eyes of the human and Shares both upon him, the expression vanished, and Reads smiled at Shares, holding two fingers up on the bar. “A fine whiskey, if you please.”

CITIZEN
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 am

The Detective Kill of ReadsVoraciously

Reads paced anxiously back and forth near Dlover’s body as he sipped his whiskey. Some things just weren’t adding up. He supposed it was possible, accidental death. But in a place like the Gobl’INN, every death was inherently suspicious. It looked to be a fairly open-and-shut case, but appearances could be deceiving, more often than not at this murder motel, this homicide hostel, this lynching lodge.

Reads narrowed his eyes, staring fixedly at a previously unnoticed detail on Dlover’s corpse. He crouched down, examining the inauspicious mark. Realization and understanding shined out from Reads’ eyes before being replaced by a casually vacant expression. Reads stifled a yawn, and then made his way over to the bar. He leaned towards Shares with a smile, whispering into her ear. “Pretend like I’m telling you a joke or funny story.” Shares smiled slightly. “Good. I don’t think Dlover’s death was an accident. There’s evidence on his body to suggest that his neck was broken after the fall, perhaps when our human friend here was examining the body.” Shares eyes widened, but she laughed to cover her surprise. “He’s too well armed and too strong for just us two to confront him. I want you to slip this into his next drink.” Reads stealthily slid a vial into Shares’ hand.

The two goblins parted, grinning and chuckling at the conclusion of the “joke”. Half of the human’s bowl of stew remained as he tipped his glass up, finishing off his sarsaparilla. Shares smiled amiably at the human as she reached for his glass. “Let me top that off for you, sir.”
He reached out quickly and placed his hand on top of the glass. “Wait…” He looked thoughtfully at the two goblins. “I’d like a Hot Toddy this time, please.”
Shares prepared the drink and promptly handed it to the human. Watson smiled as he took the glass, raised it to his lips, and drank. He felt the warmth spread through his body, oblivious to the extra “special ingredient”.

Reads sat at the stool beside the man. “The stew looks delicious, Shares. Could I have a bowl?” Reads turned to the man. “So, I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced. My name is ReadsVoraciously.”
“Pleasure. I’m Watson.”
“What brings you out to these parts?”
“…Just in the area to meet a colleague.”
“Why would your colleague be all the way out here?”
“……His newest ladylove led him to this area.”
Watson began noticeably pausing before each response. Watson’s gaze was distant and cloudy, reminiscent of a deep fog. Each response seemed to require a greater struggle to clear his mind and mutter the words.
“That’s a nice ring you have there.” Reads said, gesturing to a ring on Watson’s right hand. The fixture of the ring was facing downwards, towards his palm. “Why do you wear it like that?”
“………I don’t usually. It must have gotten turned around.” Watson rotated the ring so that the emblem faced upwards.
“It’s quite handsome. What does it say?”
“…………It says ‘Scientia Potentia Est’. Means ‘Knowledge is Power’.”
“Quite a coincidence. The mirror image of your ring is impressed into the skin under Dlover’s chin. In the exact place one would normally hold to snap a neck.” Reads stared meaningfully at Watson.
“……………” Watson’s eyes widened in alarm. He began reaching for the revolver in his holster but his movements were slow and sluggish. Reads easily beat him to his target, pulling the revolver and sliding it away from him on the bar. Shares grabbed the revolver, placing it safely behind the bar.

At this point, Watson was as close to unconsciousness as possible while still remaining somewhat cognizant. He was vaguely aware of the two goblins dragging him somewhere, of the icy cold, of being made to climb and stand upon some object, of a scratchy material wrapped around his neck, of a sudden drop. Then, the darkness took him.

Victim: Watson

DETECTIVE
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:11 am

Picks Up Sticks stumbles down the stairs, the bag over his shoulder flies from his hands and empties onto the ground.

It's a bunch of rocks... Each with crudely painted "+1"

Sorry I am late... I was conducting SCIENCE!

CITIZEN
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:13 am

The Kill of TwoPlaces:

A bald goblin wearing a travelers cloak walks hurridly into the Inn. Stopping shortly after the door he appears lost in thought, seems to come to some conclusion, and looks up at the ceiling animatedly. He spins around and struts here and there looking at the support beams from different angles muttering to himself. Satisfied eventualy, he takes note of the rest of the room.

He relaxes when he spies a roulette wheel in a corner and goes over to play. Well, watch first, with that same keen eye he had examining the architecture. He declines a drink, but after a few minutes observing the wheel, he places a small bet on 2 numbers. One wins. He proceeds in this fashion for awhile, winning more often than losing. Friendly now with the operator, he confesses "This game is reducable to simple physics." Having achieved his winnings goal, he begins to bet only intermitantly, finaly accepting a drink, and spending half his time watching the people in the room. A cat drops softly to the floor from under his cloak and weaves its way between legs, chairs and tables out the door. The stranger still has not removed his overcoat.

Finaly, Reads moves across the room for some reason and TwoPlaces jumps up to intercept him. "Excuse me. Are you by chance from the village of Two Moons? You remind me so much of someone I once knew there. No?" His gaze flicks briefly to the ceiling. "Just a moment more if you please. Ever travel through Two Moons? No? Well, pardon me then. ... Ah, do you know where the bathroom is in this establishment? Thanks." And just as he turns, a boulder comes crashing through the ceiling and smashes Reads as flat as a book!

The stranger turns back to the boulder with only a tiny jump without apparent shock and examines the results stooping down to see the grisly remains. Had someone been looking in the right place at the right time they might have seen the boulder change course ever so slightly as it hit a beam, falling like a roulette ball to land in the predicted place.

"I say, does anyone know what this painted '+1' on the boulder means?"

A cat wanders in from outside and joins the stranger at the bar, where both enjoy some well deserved milk.

Victim: ReadsVoraciously

SPOILERS:Anyone looking outside the Inn will see an unmanned catapult in the distance. It is also my intention that TwoPlaces be a minor wizard with the cat as his familier.

Edit: The roulette bit was inspired by "The Eudaemonic Pie". http://www.amazon.com/Eudaemonic-Pie-Th ... 715&sr=8-1
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 pm

SPOILERS:Since Reads killed Quard, that means I'm alive again, correct?

The Detective Kill of D
Having been subjected to the rafters, D had seen the boulder drop through the ceiling, and had drifted through to the roof to search for the cause of the boulder's appearance. spotting the catapult in the distance, D returns to the bar and floats down to Sit beside TwoPlaces. After a moment, he addresses him, saying "Do you know of this place? The dead don't stay dead for long round here, but it feels like this time it will be even shorter for those of us who have died to return. It's quite a curious place, and there are plenty of ways that a dead person can return to life, though one isn't very common."
To this, TwoPlaces glances at the ghostly figure, and simply replies with an "Oh?"
D manages to lay a hand on TwoPlace's shoulder, continuing with his talk, "Indeed, it only requires a couple of things, though it is sometimes difficult to implement. First step, well, the person who killed you has to be dead too. Then the next part is up to person preference, you can return to your own body, slightly rotten though it may be, you could take a new body from someone, or, if you know how," at this, D grins, "You can drain the life from someone to form a new body."
TwoPlaces feels cold begin to spread from where the hand was sitting on his shoulder, and he soon lost feeling throughout his body, eventually losing consciousness.

Several moments later, Twoplaces lay on the floor, colder than ice, all warmth gone from his body, and a figure stood over him, becoming more corporeal over time. D fashioned this new body to suit him, matching it to the looks of his last, and turns to Shares. "Could I get something to drink? Draining one who causes death always leave the worst taste in my mouth."

Victim: TwoPlaces (ThroughTheWell)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

SPOILERS:By the rules am I still a killer or can I become a detective?

I discovered myself in darkness. I found myself wondering where the devil I was. I tried collect my thoughts. As my memory played back, I realized that somehow I had become dozy after eating that venison stew and drink. The local detective had apparently accused me of murdering the poor blue haired fellow.

I sat bolt upright and banged my head against a low dealing. The pain momentarily distracted me from the fact that I had apparently been hung by the neck by a group of goblins. Having been convicted by the surmise of the rather pathetic goblin with the bookish glasses.

I went back across what he had stated about my ring. The problem was that the ring, one Homes had given me some years ago, had left an apparent mark on the body. But for the mark to have been left in that manner, a great deal of force in the direction of the ring would have needed to be applied. As Homes had demonstrated in the Case of the Wandering Metal Man, and also in the Tesla Affair.

As I was mulling over the fact that I seemed to have discovered that life after death was quite boring, and cold. I heard a shuffling sound from somewhere above. A moment later, an opening appeared as a metal door was swung open on rusty hinges. Two goblins, carrying something between them appeared in the door above me. They tossed the item through the hatch and then closed the hatch.

I had gained enough light to see that I was actually in a large cavern like space, although I was laying in a small antechamber. I crawled out and over to the object that had just been tossed into the room.
Pulling a match from my pocket, I ignited a brief flame and realized that the object they had thrown into the space was a body. It was the body of the very detective who had obviously drugged and murdered me. Except that I was apparently alive rather than dead.

I also discovered from my match a set of stairs leading up to the metal hatch. I cautiously walked up the steps and then pushed on the door. It was unlocked, and swung open. After steeping through I discovered I was now at the far end of the very common room I had killed the unfortunate blue haired youth. I stood looking at the space and wondering why no one seemed at all bothered that I had suddenly appeared as from the grave.

After a moment, the proprietress approached me and asked if I would like a drink.
"Scotch, neat please...the whole bottle if you do not mind ma'm"

I sat down at a table and began to wonder where I had found myself. Apparently executed on false evidence, yet not dead. And the locals seemed completely unfazed by my apparent rising from the dead. As though it were a common place occurrence.

I then looked up and noticed that my apparent victim, either had a twin brother, or had himself returned from the dead.

(KILLER/CITIZEN)
SPOILERS:Really it is unclear if once I am a killer if I am supposed to stay on the 'killer' team for the rest of the game or can I switch sides....

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Once you have assumed a killer or detective role, you are stuck with it until you are killed. A citizen can turn into a killer or detective at any time, but there is no way back until they die.

Ghost
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 pm

A bare mist clings to D's hair, and in a voice only he can hear...

"Mr Blue Hair, I don't mind that you killed me, but considering my ghostly state it seems only fair to haunt you until you tell me why you killed me. If I claimed vampiric shades drifting through ceilings and noticing catapults unconnected to the accused as a basis for the judicial system, they'd put me away! Seems to me you had a very selfish reason for accusing just about anyone, what with that shiny new body of yours. Little conflict of interest in your adjudication, executioner?"

Blue Hair mutters into his drink, "Did you do it?"

"Well of course I did. But you can't use that confession from the other side against me. It would break the ex ghost facto law. And no use claiming I'm just like you. There's rules of etiquette for judges and none for killers. Why a body can murder for any ole reason, or none at all, but someone as claiming justice can't kill the same way or they'd be a murderer and subject to execution from real detectives.

No, you'll give me a reason or I'll blow on and in your ears until they and you are as blue as your hair."

Faint sounds of a ghostly breeze hover near. Blue Hair waves his hand distractedly.

"Oh, come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:51 pm

D mutters under his breath, "You really want to know? Your actions were too suspicious. You kept glancing around, as if you were looking for something or someone, specifically at the rafters. The way you stumbled to stall Reads made it clear you were waiting for something, and wanted him to be standing in that place when it happened. You were hardly even shocked when a bolder landed right near you, and you were completely nonchalant in the way you phrased the question of the +1. And the reason I decided you had to die for that? Well, Reads completed the first step in my return to life by having the one who killed me lynched, and I felt I should repay what I owe him for that. You caused his death, so now you are dead, he can return, if he wishes to do so.
Now leave me, before I banish you. You think one who knows how to drain the life from another doesn't know a simple banishment spell?"
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm

"Right then."

Ghost TwoPlaces drifts up.

"Say, there's a parrot up here! A Norwegian Blue... lovely plumage..."
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:54 am

The Kill of Picks Up Sti... I mean... Rocks... Picks Up Rocks

A purple goblin is seen hunched over by the staircase, frantically picking up his collection of poorly painted rocks and placing them back in his bag.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I can't be handling these sophisticated voting tools in such a reckless way.

After grabbing the last one the unknown purple goblin heads to his favorite table and carefully sets out his collection.

Ahem, attention everyone... I would like to apologize for the delay. If you would notice I have ventured far and wide to collect these sophisticated

Oh would you shut up Picks? It's a god damn rock that you just painted

Is not! These are completely randomized projectiles that

No, they are stupid ordinary rocks that you throw at people to justify your vote. There is nothing random about them.

I... But...

The totally unknown purple goblin, sits down for a moment in a state of depression. He gazes out the nearby window as he contemplates the conversation that just occurred.

How did he know I painted these rocks? I spent so long working on them.

Maybe hes right, maybe I just use these as a justification.

Perhaps I should start being honest, maybe I should... Holy Gods! A CATAPULT!

Picks Up Sti... I mean... Rocks... Picks Up Rocks gathers his belongings and heads out to the unmanned catapult. Admiring the exquisite woodwork that was put into its creation. The wheels in his head slowly start turning as his eyes look at the catapult, then his bag of rocks, then back to the catapult. After a few minutes a brilliant idea crosses his mind.

Back in the inn Detective D is quietly sitting at his table enjoying a drink, congratulating himself on the fine work he did catching that killer. He didn't even hear the sound of the catapult launching, but he did hear the cries of a certain mysterious purple goblin.

I! Accuse!YOU!

Detective D turned just in time to watch as a purple goblin came crashing through the window, swinging a large bag filled with poorly painted rocks. D tried desperately to avoid the "accusation" but wasn't fast enough; the last thing he saw was the bag connecting with his face. The purple goblin stood up and brushed himself off.

Ha, see that time was random! Sorry about that D, you were just... Hey D, are you OK?

Oh. Whoops.

Victim:Detective D (Dlover)
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm starting to think it's safest to be a civilian in this game... Anyway,
"Quite alright Picks, I understand the difficulty of controlling the momentum of a swing after being launched through the air. Perhaps a sack of stones isn't the best weapon for that kind of thing, try something that won't flail around, like say... A stick."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 pm

An attempted Killing
As I was attempting to fortify myself with a snifter of brandy, which had come from the Hatverse Winery. I having never heard of the nation of Hatverse or known anything of its wines, I had tried the spirt. I found it quite lacking. As I attempted to dispose of the rather poor quality material down my protesting gullet, a sound drew my attention. It was a crash and then the soft thwap of stone into soft tissue.

I turned to find that the blue haired D was now laying face up on the floor. What remained of his face looked as though it had met with railroad engine in the dark.

"Dead, quite dead...a few more pounds of force and his brains would have been cast all over the room."

A purple goblin approaches and begins to speak to the corpse.

Ha see that time was random! Sorry about that D, you were just...Hey D, are you OK?

Looking down at the dead 'D' the purple goblin seemed to be quite abashed.

Oh. Whoops he said with only a minor hint of regret in his voice.

A ghost appeared of the blue haired dead man and he conversed with Picks "Quite alright Picks I understand the difficulty of controlling the momentum of a swing after being launched through the air. Perhaps a sack of stones isn't the best weapon for that kind of thing, try something that won't flail around, like say...A stick"

"Young...man I suppose, are you responsible for this heinous act?"

No... the goblin said with a look of shame on his face.
...it was completely random. I accused him of being a murder with my randomized projectiles.

He pointed to a bag, stained red with blood. He sheepishly handed the bag to me and I opened it. The bag contained several small rocks each painted with a number on it.

"So you accused him of murder with random projectiles that are to what?"

Randomly accuse an individual of murder

I found the creature's attempt to explain how the randomization process and probabilities to be quite intriguing. However, Homes would have made more sense of what the purple goblin was saying.

"Based on what you have just said, there must be a probability for any given stone. But if all the stones, and therefore all the probabilities, are contained within one container, then the probability of the whole becomes absolute."

The purple goblin blinked at me.

"You killed him, right or wrong there was no random probability to the death."

Oh... I realized that this was a shock to the goblin and I walked behind the bar. I noted that the young creature could use a good shot of whisky right now. As the proprietress seemed to have vanished again, I was forced to grab a bottle of "Warlock's Home Brew" I poured a glass and handed it to the purple goblin.
"Here take this it will steady your nerves."

The goblin took the glass, then down the contents of the glass. A moment later he looked at me with a funny smile.

That was good...

He proceeded to explode into a puff of pink smoke. I looked down at the bottle and wondered what the hell I had given the poor purple goblin. That was as the unfortunate blue haired goblin began to moan.

I was finding myself at my wit's end about this place.

Accused: Pick Up Sticks (Aka Picks Up Rocks)

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:17 pm

"Damn it, can't you people stop with killing each other for just a moment? The least you could have done was repair my face before you brought me back, this thing hurts as bad as it looks. You know what, The real danger right now is being involved in the killings, so I'm just going to stop being so." D reaches into his pack, pulls out a mime's mask, which he pulls on over the crushed-in face, and sits in the corner.

Citizen.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Quarg on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm

And the Citizen's Win!!!!

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:24 pm

yay?
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Happy New Year!

I had a lot of fun reading your stories :D

Yup, citizens win. Sorry, I hadn't planned to be out of action the whole time and would have participated, but I couldn't.
Anyway, I'm not sure this game was well balanced, easy to understand etc., but most of you played it really well.

Sorry I wasn't there for clarifying bits and pieces, though. The killers, for example, could have killed multiple times, not just once, as long as they were alive. That was specified in the rules post.
Good game, everyone, maybe there will be another intermission round sometime in the future.

Feel free to give some feedback, or not. I hope the next "normal" crazy TWSK round will start soon :)
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Return to Goblins Games