Curse of the Gold (MOVING TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 25)

Postby Nioca on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am

Nerre wrote:Since Jacon didn't post yet, would you please vote for him or make suggestions? Since it seems the group will split up, choose where you want him to go. Else i will have him train and work in the warcamp.
askstoomuch wrote:i think he wanted to stay in the camp and complete his training
let wants deal with the cave :D
Yeah, ditto what Asks just said. Have Coats continue training.

EDIT: Yeesh, what is it with my one line posts winding up on a different page today and requiring quotes to make sense?
ImageFights a Losing Battle (#FFAA11) | The Awesomesword Wanes | TAW Roster
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring
SPECIAL: Tactic NYPME (+2ATK @ 1HP)

Cowers in Shadow (#1C0041) | Curse of the Gold
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Nioca wrote:
Nerre wrote:Since Jacon didn't post yet, would you please vote for him or make suggestions? Since it seems the group will split up, choose where you want him to go. Else i will have him train and work in the warcamp.
askstoomuch wrote:i think he wanted to stay in the camp and complete his training

EDIT: Yeesh, what is it with my one line posts winding up on a different page today and requiring quotes to make sense?

I agree
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Donnigan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Ziprath wrote:
Nioca wrote:

I agree

CHAIN AGREEMENT!

C-C-C-C-COMBO X4

Sorry, that was lame...
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Coats will continue his training for now

Ooc sorry have been crazy busy
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm

At the moment its:

Camp helpers:
- Tinkers
- Coats
- Cowers
- Walks (no decision yet)

Minexpedition:
- Flies
- Wants
- Grace

i will write the next turn soon.

Edit: Yay, Jacon is back!
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Turn 26

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:01 am

Turn 26
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies replys to the chief: "I think I'd like to explore more, so with your permission I'd like to go scout the cave." "Exploring? I'm in!" Wants says and he gives her pat on the back "You can never have enough armour with you!" he says. "Be carefull if you are only two on your scout run." Apears warns them. Wants nods and walks away to his hut to get some rest. On the way he thanks he butcher.
Cowers thinks about what the chief said and stutters "I-i-if it's a-alright w-with you, ch-chief, I-I think I'd r-rather st-stay in c-camp for the t-time b-being." "Shure." he smiles, amused about her being so shy.
"T-that is, i-if th-there's something you n-need h-help with around h-here."
"We could use some helps building up those huts again. If we ever get more reinforcements, they will need beds, too. Or help Age improve the garden. Coats and i already gathered stones for it today." Tinkers, hearing this, asks the same.
"Hmm...I'd like to see what I can do to improve the camp. Do you have any suggestions Chief?" "You could repair the huts or build new ones. Or traps...or help the other with their jobs. I'm too tired and ate too much to think about such things now. Maybe you will have an idea yourself tomorrow. Or just talk a bit with each other about it." he yawns and leaves Tinkers and Cowers. Tinkers turns to Coats, while Cowers gets some boar meat.
"Of course I'll try fixing up your armour first Coats. If you'd like, you can just leave it in my tent." After all the talking is done, Tinkers goes to the Teller's hut and collects all his supplies and the tools she gave him. He goes to bed then, just like Coats and Cowers after they ate.

Grace rubs her belly. She looks to the sky then to the teller. "I hope next day is good for gathering herbs. If the weather is good, I'd like to follow Flies and Wants to the cave. Of course, I will mostly be looking for herbs. Do we have a trommel basket I could bring?" "Yes, I will put one beside your bed before i go to sleep." "Well, it's getting late. I wouldn't mind a good nights sleep." Grace heads to her hut, talking a short look on her index before she falls asleep.

"Hey, little guy. Did Cower's jumping scare you, Nauhir?" WalksBriskly asks, sitting down by the fire and getting some of the boar for him and the wolf. "Here you go! Enjoy!" He pets the wolf while eating himself. Nauhir doesn't seem to bother while he is eating. After eating, it coils up in front of the log Walks is sitting on and falls asleep. The other goblins go to bed now, too, except for the night guards.

Battle:
Walks regenerates 1 hp, he is on 4/5 now

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- Flies and her group: Do you want to explore the CAVE or the MINE? Please write in your next turn or name the field you will walk to. :)
- Jacon, i need to know if you leave your holey armor at Tinkers hut or not.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 26)

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

Were going for the cave

Wants will wake up puts his armor on and walks to the storage to get some supplies for the trip
He takes one of the bag packs and he fills it with the rope, a flint , some bandages , one ration of fish, a ration of fruit and some of the meat
After he fills his bag with the thinks he needs he grabs the ladder ( which I assume you can carry by yourself)
And starts working on the most useful thing in a cave, fire
(a torch would be handy even if we can see in the dark, it good for scarring away hostile animals like bears or bats )
He will take a stick (of the stack of fire would if he finds a good one ) and one of the orc children clothing he will wrap the clothing on the stick ( if this doesn’t hold he will put a couple of nails in it )
And soak it in the barrel of lamp oil
( if this has no chance of working, ignore the torch part)
After he is done with preparing for the journey he will walk to the center of the camp, and wait for grace and flies to show up
Flies , and grace could you carry this for me ? it might be usefull. and he give them the ladder ( only if the torch part works if it doesn’t I will carry the ladder myself)
Ready to go girls ?
SPOILERS:my biggest post ever in this game :D
Last edited by askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

WalksBriskly will go get himself a blanket and curl up next to the wolf.

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

SPOILERS:
askstoomuch wrote:Wants will wake up puts his armor on

He doesn't sleep in it? :D
Now im disappointed. ;)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 am

After Flies wakes up she says a quick good morning to Cowers.

She then makes her way north into H6 unless the Chief or Teller try to get her attention.

When she enters H6 she takes a good look around her then checks the sky for birds.

SPOILERS:Sorry asks but it is a little harder than that to get Flies attention. She only really pays attention to the Chief, the Teller (because their in charge) and Coats (because he saved her life). If this habit gets annoying let me know and i'll stop.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 am

SPOILERS:if nerre is cool enough to use the rule of cool and let crace and i carry the ladder to the cave , i woudn't mind at all we will just leave the ladder just outside of the cave so that we can pick it

SPOILERS:oh and don't go inside yet it might be dangerous
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 am

SPOILERS:Why are we bringing the ladder to the cave?
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:44 am

SPOILERS:you know to get to places we cant reach, if you think its a bad idea to bring it along we could leave it at the camp
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 am

SPOILERS:It's up to you but it seems pointless in a cave
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jrlans on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 am

OOC: So we're on a new day right?
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

SPOILERS:yeah i think we are
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 am

Grace wakes up, and sees the basket beside her. She really hopes the weather is good. Oh Maglubiyet, make this a sunny day! She looks into her backpack to check she has everything she needs. She leaves her bow and arrows (she has got that right?). They will just be a burden. She takes her knife though (she has got that right? :shifty:). You never know what you'll run into. The bandages stay put, and the index... it must not be forgotten!.. the index is carefully placed in her backpack. She takes the knife in her hand, as it might damage the index. Then she heads outside. Seems the weather is going to be:
A) sunny, perfect!
B) cloudy, it'll do.
C) rainy, maybe I'll better stay and help out in the camp.

If the weather in reasonable, Grace walks to the center of the village, finding Wants with a ladder and some sort of makeshift torch.. "Good morning Wants! What's with the ladder? Are you gonna stay here?" Wants probably talks about the ladder might being useful. "Well, it also might be useless. And what if we need to hide? Leaving ladders around don't help hiding. And it would slow us down. Let's just see what the cave is about, then if need be we can come back with a ladder, okay?" Grace stop her ranting, and gives Wants a smile; "Also, I mostly just want to look for some weed and I wouldn't like to carry a ladder around all day." Seeing that Wants brought food, and seeing Flies leave on her own, they hopefully sets off to the cave (without ladder :smug:).

If the weather hasn't improved since yesterday, Grace informs Asks that she'd rather stay and help with the garden.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 am

fine i'll leave the ladder here but if we find some of that shiny stuff humans like so much and we can't reach it you're going back to get the ladder he laughs
wants will walk with grace to the cave

oh and nerre concrats on the first spam bot :D
Last edited by askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:01 pm

SPOILERS:I should have known you got some traumatizing experiences in the orc village except I couldn't cause I wasn't there! :okthen: :evilgrin:
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nioca on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

askstoomuch wrote:He will take a stick (of the stack of fire would if he finds a good one ) and one of the orc children clothing he will wrap the clothing on the stick ( if this doesn’t hold he will put a couple of nails in it )

Um, why are you burning some of our nice recently-acquired defensive gear? You could easily use the set of plain human clothes or one of the sets of adult orc clothes to the same effect.

-----

Cowers blearily awakens. No orc ruins. No wolves. No traveling in the dangerous countryside again. Excellent.

Pushing herself further to consciousness, she notes that
Flies has already left. Stretching, she thinks on what she wants to do. Garden work sounded nice and relaxing. But she still had other business to attend to, first.

First, she probably didn't need all of her traveling equipment for a bit of gardening. She set her pack and her various weapons down on the bed. Well.... she should probably take the knife. One never knew when one might need to cut some vines or something. And... the bow should be taken, in the event of shambling carnivorous plants. Javelins were useful in case of boar attacks. And you never knew when you might need bandages after getting mauled by boars and shambling carnivorous plants. The grindstone would be useful for sharpening the knife. And... oh, bother, she's right back where she started from.

After a few minutes and much deliberation, she finally decided to leave the Small Healing Potion and the short bow with 20 arrows tucked safely under her bed.

Finally, she gets down to business; Cowers picks up her pack and heads to the Teller's hut, showing the dark yellow and gray unidentified potions to Age. "Excuse me. I was just wondering if you knew what these were, or what they did? I found them in the pack of an adventurer, so they're probably beneficial... but I don't actually know that much about alchemy, so..."

"Also, I think some of the other goblins found a letter in the orc ruins belonging to the adventurers we ran afoul of, but... um, well, none of us can actually read it. Can you read? Or do you know of someone who can?"

Finally, she gets down to business; Cowers picks up her pack and heads to the storage shed, picking up the metal bucket and looking through the rusted iron tools for a trowel. "No sense coming unprepared." She then heads to the garden and looks for someone in charge here. "Hello. I heard you might need some help with garden work today. Anything I can do?"

SPOILERS:I'm assuming Cowers did NOT get to show the potions to Age last turn. So I figured I'd do that now, before getting side-tracked by other stuff. Oops, yes she did. On to gardening!

Also, if anyone else wants to handle that letter, that's fine by me. I don't think Cowers is really the one to do that anyway, since it was Walks and Wants who found it.
Last edited by Nioca on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageFights a Losing Battle (#FFAA11) | The Awesomesword Wanes | TAW Roster
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring
SPECIAL: Tactic NYPME (+2ATK @ 1HP)

Cowers in Shadow (#1C0041) | Curse of the Gold
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 pm

jrlans wrote:OOC: So we're on a new day right?

yes. if all go to bed in one round it automaticly is morning in the next turn - except for night raids by attacking adventurers.

@Torches: The orc clothes won't work since they are made of leather. You will have to use bandages, human clothes or simply ask someone before you destroy items. ;)

I'm assuming Cowers did NOT get to show the potions to Age last turn. So I figured I'd do that now, before getting side-tracked by other stuff.

sorry, forgot that part. Age has the potions, but is still researching them. you don't need to visit her.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Nioca wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:He will take a stick (of the stack of fire would if he finds a good one ) and one of the orc children clothing he will wrap the clothing on the stick ( if this doesn’t hold he will put a couple of nails in it )

Um, why are you burning some of our nice recently-acquired defensive gear? You could easily use the set of plain human clothes or one of the sets of adult orc clothes to the same effect.

SPOILERS:i had not thought about that, nerre if it works as good as the orc children clothing he will take the normal orc clothing instead
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

i had not thought about that, nerre if it works as good as the orc children clothing he will take the normal orc clothing instead

read my last post, there was a suggestion in it. also there are no normal orc CLOTH clothes. only large adult LEATHER clothes and children/goblin sized LEATHER clothes.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Coats gives tinkers his armor and talks to chief about continuing his training. If he can he will train
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Donnigan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Umm, if my present action is wrong, I guess have WalksBriskly try to train the wolf to follow him, perhaps getting advise from the chief/teller/anyone who knows anything about animals.

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games