Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Curse of the Gold (MOVING TO NEW FORUM)

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 am

Curse of the Gold
===============

Prologue
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

At the hometown of a goblin clan, the big chieftain "Say that again" stands in front of a kneeing bunch of young goblins.
"Goblins, arise!" he bellows. "You have just achieved adulthood and are now proud members of the Clan of the golden curse (huul'daac shogaan)! For this reason, you will be send to one of our warcamp, to prove your worth. Now march, warriors of the clan, and get on your way to make Maglubiyet proud we are one of his chosen races! Begone!"
They bow, and after they have been dismissed, the gather their few belongings and march towards the river, were a long boats is waiting for them. After a trip on the river, lasting three days, the forrest thins out and the river current takes them into a lake. The boats start rowing towards the western bank, where a little wooden jetty has been build into the lake. They can see some huts and sheds behind it. Two boats are out on the lake, fishing. As they see the long boat, the stop and start to row towards the jetty, too. More goblins start to gather at the bank and are looking for the newcomers.

When they finally moor their boat and get of, two goblins step forward from the crowd. One is a very small but experienced looking goblin warrior, followed by a female goblin, clothed like a teller but appears too young to be one. "I am, chief "Appears to be weak", this is "Dies of old age", our teller. We welcome you to our lousy warcamp. Um, i ment great. Whatever. I think you shure are tired from the long trip. Grab a free hut and settle in, then come to the fire so we can become acquainted with each other. We will talk about your duties and task tomorrow, it has been a hard week for us all." He for a blink he looks very sad, then it is gone. He looks at the teller, as if he is expecting her to say something too. "Welcome." is all she sais.

As the newcomers go to the huts, they see many fresh graves on a small hill close to the lake. Knowing that they are replacing those unfortunates is burdensome and makes the sensitive ones shiver, as they enter their huts, knowing it belong to somebody else just a week ago. After they have dropped their bundles in their huts, they join the clan on the fire.

The Warcamp
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The warcamp consists of several buildings/constructions. The amount of those objects can vary if objects are added or demolished.

There are two kinds of objects, "passive" and "active". Both kinds can grant bonuses or have a function, some are only decorativ or narrative. The passive ones will not need any manpower operating them to work, the active ones will. An active object with insufficiant manpower won't work to its full potential, or not work at all at if nobody is operating it.

There are NPC and PC goblins living in the warcamp, both can work in/on an objects to supply it with manpower. There is a given amount of manpower requiered to run each object. In the beginning this sum will be covered with NPCs, but as you will add objects, the amount can rise or ease. New goblins will show up at the warcamp sometimes, send from your hometown, depending on how good you run the camp or how many adventurers you fend off. The warcamp can send items they don't need to the clans hometown, maybe they will send more goblins or even some items to help you next time.

You can alter an object, making it more efficient, so it may produce faster, more or will requiere less manpower.
Sometimes faster or larger productions comes at the cost of manpower. I won't create fix rules for this, but decide it fair and just as necessity arises. I want to stay flexible so i can react and adapt it to our actions and ideas. You can also demolish an object or parts of it if you don't need it anymore or if it is to large. (Since larger warcamps are faster to find and may attract more adventurers!)

Some objects may be buildings, other installations such as traps, other only may be a job description or a set of tools.

At the moment the warcamp got only a few objects. You can find a list of all objects in section "warcamp information".

The Treasure chest
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Most important for the warcamp is the poorly locked treasure chest, which attracts adventurers so they don't raid your hometown. It is standing on a stone pedestal in the middle of the warcamp, and you have to fill it with items and gold coins worth 500 so it starts to attract them. Somehow those filthy adventurers always know were the gold is, like it has a mind of its own, luring them towards itself.

You can find a list of all objects in the chest in section "warcamp information".

Goblins
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The rules are close to the most other games.

Please try to be creative when you create the character and decribe him/her. I don't just want a group full of "Kills everything by oneself" or people who just want to destroy everything. There are often other ways. Please also try to find a name fitting to the goblin style kind of naming and stick with english names. You can use a goblin language translator/generator and write this name into the character description, but please use the english name since it's easier to remember. Those generated character names sound all the same, i don't want to mix you up. :D

All goblins start with 5 healthpoints (hp), 1 attack (atk) 1 defense (def). The chief gets another +1 on each value.

Furthermore the players can choose one trait to start with:
- healthy ( +1 hp )
- tough ( +1 def, focus on armor and blocking)
- agile ( +1 def, focus on evasion and parry)
- goblin markings ( +1 atk )
- rage ( if hp goes to 40% or below, you gain +3 atk but lose 1 def )
- encouraging aura ( +1 atk for the group, but costs you your major action )
- scout ( basic scout skills like tracking or to run faster)
- sneaky ( basic thief skills locking, sneaking)

What you can do each round is really simple: You can choose two actions, of which one has to be movement (which is not obligatory, which means, you can drop this action if you want to stay). Outside of a battle you can do a few actions if they are short or only one if it is a long one (like building or learning something), and the movement can be 1 square on the map. During a battle one action is basically one attack, a movement one room or only a few meters. If you choose two movement actions, be aware that an obstacle after the first stops you from doing the second. In that case i may grant you a short action i think would fit in.
I don't want to make a large ruleset, so just write what you want to do according to the short ruleset above. If it is to much, i will shorten it. You can also condition things (if..then..else), but don't overdo it, please.

The possibilities in short:
- move, move
- action, move
- move, action
- action
- move
- nothing

You have ESP with all PC goblins and on rare occasions even with NPCs. This means you know roughly where they are. You will also feel very basic emotions, an increased stress level if the have problems or their calmness if everything is fine. If you want to talk to someone, you have to meet, even if the person may feel you want to talk, if it is really important. If they are fighting, you will know it through their emotions, but not whom or how many they will fight.
It won't be as specific as "hey, please come to E5 and bring 20m of rope and a new sword, i lost mine when we were fighting 4 undead, and also tell the chief that we found out the are planing to blablabla". It's no email and you don't have cellphones. Its just a weak telepathic bond. Please stick to this.

In the beginning there are 21 goblins in the warcamp not including the PC goblins, the teller, the chief and his 2 guards.
20 have task they attend to. 1 is the chief, 1 is the teller, 2 are chief guards and 1 is idle. This doesn't mean he won't search himself some work if there is none, but you may interest him in your projects. You can always check the number of all and the idle goblins in section "warcamp information". (21/20 shows that there is 1 idle goblin. (19/20) would show that you lack one goblin to run all buildings fully effient.

One last word. I am from Germany, so please tell me if i use a wrong or stupid word for something, there are often many synonyms which mean the same in one language, bot not the same in another. But please do this by PM.

Factions
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The warcamp knows that there are a few living around, but has not had direct contact yet.

Warcamp information
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Here i put together the information which is most likely to change, so you don't have to scroll all the time.

The building list (21/20 manpower):
- poorly locked treasure chest
- Chiefs hut (private building of chief "Appears")
- Tellers tent (private building of teller "Age")
- Fireplace (Here the clan sits, eats and talks in the evenings. At least those who are not on guard duty or missions)
- Wooden huts (private buildings, here you can sleep and rest. It's always two in one hut, except for the chief and teller)
- Storage shed (here the clan stores all items which don't belong to somebody)
- Jetty (boats can land here and you can enter and leave them without getting wet feet)
- Fishing boats (provides 25% of food / 5 manpower)
- Small garden (provides 25% of food / 5 manpower)
- Hunting shed (provides 50% of food / 10 manpower)

The poorly locked treasure chest contains at the moment (323/500):
- 22 gold coins
- 1 crate of leather clothes (15 x orc adult) (75 g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune long sword (to large for a goblin, or +3 two handed for Coats atm) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune helmet (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune tower shield (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 4 knives (+1 ATK) (40g)
- 3 set of human clothes (15 g)
- 1 short sword (+2 ATK) (10 g)
- 14 arrows (7 gold)
- 2 sets of wooden dishes (2 gold)
- 10 apples (1 gold)
- a rusty and burred +1 knife (1 gold)
- an old adventurer sock inhabited by clothes moths (0 gold)
- a nugget of scoria (0 gold)

"The inital items in there looked like some stuff taken from some paltry adventurers ages ago, except for the apples. It was about time we filled it up with something more valuable!"

The storage contains at the moment:
- enough food for the day, but too perishable to take on the road
- 11 ration - dried fish (1 week road rations) (22 g)
- 4 ration - smoked meat (1 week road rations) (8 g)
- 6 ration - vegetables (1 week road rations) (12 g)
- 7 ration - boilt down fruits (1 week road rations) (16 g)
- 5 bunches of medicinal herbs (? g)
- 15 bandages (? g)
- 1 bonesaw (? g)
- 1 mirror oil lamp (? g)
- 3 backpacks (? g)
- 3 large water bags (think of it as a large goblin bucket, not a small waterskin) (? g)
- 50 m rope (? g)
- Masons letter (? g)
- 1 set of stonemason tools (? g)
- 1 carpenter hammer (20 g)
- 1 small carpenter hatchet (? g)
- 1 handheld grindstone (? g)
- 1 stone mortar and pesle (? g)
- 1 wooden toolbox (orc size) (5 g)
- many empty bowls and baskets (? g)
- a ladder (? g)
- a broken wooden cart (? g)
- a set of metal parts from a wheelbarrow (? g)
- 1 empty barrel (? g)
- 1 large statue stone (? g)
- 10 kg rusted iron tools (? g)
- 4 m² wooden planks and beams (? g)
- 2 handfull of nails (8 g)
- 1 box of arrowheads (? g)
- 5 kg empty vials, bottles and flasks (? g)
- 1 sets of flint to start a fire (? g)
- a barrel of lamp oil (? g)
- 6 units firewood (one per day) (14 g)
- 18 units charcoal (one per day) (1 bucket = 4, 1 wheelcart = 4 bucket) (36 g)
- 1 very scattered and lousy sword (? g)

Items which have been moved to the teller hut:
- some books (orc village) (? g)
- 4 vials of unidentified potions (? g)
- 1 vial of old potion of gigantism (? g)
- 1 rags of an orcish leather armor (to large for a goblin) (0+? g)
- 1 bundle of human clothes which could be tailored into clothes which are a little bit sneakier than normal ones (10 g)
- some needles (? g)

Tasks/Quests
- fill the chest (232/500) (partially done)
x find something to heal Poor little guy (done)
- check the abandoned orc village (K6) (partially done)
- check the old cave (F4) (OPEN)
- find someone who can read the "Masons letter (? g)" (OPEN)

Chars/Players
- Coats (Jacon)
- Cowers (Nioca)
- Flies (Ziprath)
- Grace (SlamsWithSticks)
- Tinkers (jrlans)
- Walks (Donnigan)
- Wants (askstoomuch)

Map:
<click here>
I will update this with every post, and it's also in my signature!
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 am, edited 23 times in total.
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Curse of the Gold

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 am

Placeholder if i need more room. :sleep:
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am

Please apply here with a character description. I will chose the best and role between those of equal quality. (best = quality of the charakter, of background, of the name and how it fits into this world. Short is not always bad, and long is not always good.)

It should contain:
- Name
- Trait you choose
- 4-5 row long description i can put into the top post.

I will choose in a few days or if enough have applied, not shure how much will be good to handle, but i tink it will be between 4 and 8.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Warlock on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 am

Pop-A-Lock
Male
Blood Red (#BF0000)
Sneaky

Story: Pop-A-Lock was born to a single, unwed mother (which isn't uncommon in Goblin tribes). He never knew who his father was (and never really cared to). His mother, Breaks-And-Enters, taught him from an early age how to be thief. Although he never knew him, his father, Likes-To-Fight, was a warrior and had died in battle when an adventuring party had attacked his warcamp seeking the poorly locked chest. He has been called to follow in his father's footsteps of attempting to defend the poorly locked chest, but he much prefers indulging in his larcenous tendencies. He's been caught more than a few time practicing his lock-picking skills on the poorly locked chest.
Last edited by Warlock on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 am

wants to be safe
male
green
tough

background; when wants to be safe was a child, he went for a walk in the wood his mom told him not to but, yeah he was a brave little goblin so he went anyway.
after a long hick safe saw the biggest tree in his life and decide to clime in it
he went higer and higer but he just coudnt reach the top when suddenly a branch of the tree broke lose making safe loose his grip
he felt down hard on the ground breaking both his legs on inpact
heavly bleeding and in great pain save lay their for 2 days and two nights waiting their in agony till death would take him away
but it wasnt death who found him it was a goblin from another tribe who brought him back to his home

now he never wants to be in pain ever again and wants to be forever safe by covering himself in as much defencife gear as possible
Last edited by askstoomuch on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby jrlans on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 am

Hey, I'd like to play. I'll put my char info up in a little bit, I just wanted to ask some questions first.
1/ How many turns are in a day? Do we also get turns during the night?
2/ What are "basic scout skills"? I don't need a detailed list, just a brief explanation.
3/ We have a limited ESP, and we can't communicate specific details, so how does updating the map go? If we venture out and explore, do we need to return to the village to update the map?
I know you want to stay flexible by avoiding to much concrete detail, but I'd just like to know these things in the construction of my character.

EDIT: Here's my info
Name:TinkersTooMuch
Colour: Grey (#808080)
Trait: Sneaky (Really only wanted this for the lock manipulation, but I'll take the sneakiness too)
Bio: Growing up in the main camp, Tinkers had two mentors. The first was a goblin by the name of HeyHe'sStealingMyAmulet (that was an interesting naming ceremony).He tried to teach Tinkers all about the art of stealth and theft. Tinkers understood that the lessons may prove useful, and so he learned them begrudgingly. When they moved on to lockpicking, Tinkers was fascinated. Stealing was far from his mind as he spent hours toying with and observing the intricacies of the locks that he worked on, much to HeyHe'sStealingMyAmulet's dismay.
TinkersTooMuch's second mentor was a goblin called KillsLotsOfAnimals. He was a hunter, and provided much food for the camp. He tried to teach Tinkers about hunting, but Tinkers was quickly enamored by the traps that KillsLotsOfAnimals used. Tinkers took great care in the set up of the trap, and watched in amazement as it was set off. Each part set up in anticipation of what the prey would do, and each part reacting accordingly.
Tinkers obviously went through all the same basic training that every goblin went through, but these are the lessons that stayed foremost in his mind while staying at the camp.
Last edited by jrlans on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

jrlans wrote:1/ How many turns are in a day? Do we also get turns during the night?
2/ What are "basic scout skills"? I don't need a detailed list, just a brief explanation.
3/ We have a limited ESP, and we can't communicate specific details, so how does updating the map go? If we venture out and explore, do we need to return to the village to update the map?

1. it will depend on the situation and there will be no fix rule. during a fight there will be more rounds, out of a fight i may even collapse more than one day into a turn. depends of the "how boring is the situation" aspect. (take a look at "the new goblin warriors", that kind of style)
2. i updated this in the first post.
3. the map is for the players, not the goblins. But i won't make you play your char like he only know the fields he discovered himfself and those he learned from when he meet somebody who discovered them.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am

WalksBriskly
Male
#40BF00
Scout

Story: WalksBriskly has always been a little faster than all of the other goblins. He was one of the first to start walking when he was a youngling and he never really stopped. Wandering all over the main camp, he explored every nook and cranny of the place, running off into the woods if his explorations got him in trouble. He is a little worried about being sent to the warcamp, as it has a rather high mortality rate. He's not a coward, but he doesn't like the idea of dieing on an adventurers sword before he has seen more of the world.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nioca on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 am

Sure, I'll bite. And before you ask, yes, this is pretty much the same Cowers that I applied to Threads of Reality with. I liked the concept enough to give it another go here.

Cowers in Shadow
Color: #1C0041
Trait: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus)

Background:
Cowers in Shadow, for most of her life thusfar, has lived up to her name. It started at first as a mild paranoia in her youth about the world around her; however, the loss of her brother in a rather bizarre campfire accident, and the taunting of some insensitive clanmantes soon blossomed this into a near-perpetual state of fearful hiding. Trees that could topple at any moment, campfires that could spread into raging infernos, the fauna of the wilderness that could turn her into a late-night snack. The clan elders hoped teaching her the ways of the sword would boost her confidence, but to no avail; she shirked the training as much as possible, only learning enough to become a passable fighter.

Soon, training was finished. And despite a rather spirited attempt to slip away and hide, Cowers was brought forth to the ceremony of adulthood and made an official warrior of the Clan of the Golden Curse. A decision which Say That Again started regretting slightly after another escape attempt nearly sank the longboat the young warriors had boarded. But she finally became resigned to the fact that she was doomed to become a warrior of the clan.

OoC Background: Cowers is a decent-enough combatant, but tends to shy away from fighting if at all possible (preferring diplomacy or fleeing for her life). If a fight DOES break out, she tends to favor ranged weapons and fighting from a distance to engaging in melee. Sometimes speaks with a stutter in the presence of intimidating figures, and generally tends to avoid socializing.

EDIT: Trait is now Agile instead of Tough.
Last edited by Nioca on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageFights a Losing Battle (#FFAA11) | The Awesomesword Wanes | TAW Roster
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring
SPECIAL: Tactic NYPME (+2ATK @ 1HP)

Cowers in Shadow (#1C0041) | Curse of the Gold
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 am

Flies-with-Hawks
Female
#FF8000
Goblin markings

All her life Flies-with-hawks has been a dreamer she spends a lot of her free time bird watching and wants nothing more than to soar the skies beside them. She has a keen interest in nature and likes to learn more about animals and plants. She tends to daydream a lot but never shies away from her duties. She is nervous about joining the war camp but is willing to do her part to protect the village. In order to overcome her fear she asked to have the clan markings painted on her face and will now wear them proudly into battle.
Last edited by Ziprath on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Name: Grace of Maglubiyet, Grace for short
Color:#4080BF
Trait: Encouraging Aura
Background: Grace was very surprised that she had been sent to the war camp. She had never felt like a warrior. She had always been more devout. When most other younglings played and practiced fighting, Grace would help the teller decorate Mag's shrine, and preparing the ceremonies. Still, she possesses he power of inspiration and rouses goblins around her, and that's probably why Chief Say sent her here. She dreams of being a teller and is a little sad to see that the war camp teller is so young. Grace is very orderly about the goblin way, and would not lightly go against it.

SPOILERS:Heh. Where are the warrior goblins? We might need ol' regular muscle here..
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 pm

After talking to Nicoa i added another trait and added a description for tough.

- tough ( +1 def, focus on armor and blocking)
- agile ( +1 def, focus on evasion and parry)

"wants to be safe" would be tough, "cowers in shadows" agile, according to their descriptions.
SPOILERS:Heh. Where are the warrior goblins? We might need ol' regular muscle here..

yes, i noticed too that most people want to create shy and sneaky chars. ;)
also we got two lock-picking champions here. i hope they won't stab each other with their lockpicking tools if a lock gets in sight. :lol:

some chars are already very good, others a little plain, focusing only on one aspect in their biography.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 pm

updated my backround hope you like this one better nerre :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 pm

SlamsWithSticks wrote:

SPOILERS:Ask, and I shall provide........... :D

Name: Punches-Faces
Color: #804000
Trait: Rage
Background: Punches is a big goblin. Much bigger than most goblin his age. He’s a fighter, and he knows it - he may not be particularly smart, charismatic, or agile, but when it comes to physical strength, very few can match him in terms of power and determination. He also knows the usefulness of sneaky, smart and speedy goblins, and has no problem with letting those with better skills for the situation take charge. That strength of his comes at a price though; while generally mild-mannered, he has a very short fuse when confronted with annoying, self-centred, or overly enthusiastic goblins, or really anything he doesn't particularly like. Often, he resorts to using intimidation - or, if that fails, a swift punch to the face - when his patience runs out; rarely will any goblin dare to cross him twice. However, when he likes someone, he is polite, kind, and happy to talk to them, sometimes even becoming a voluntary bodyguard for them if he thinks they need the protection.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:25 pm

SPOILERS:Dusk, you are, as always, my hero! :lol:
Last edited by SlamsWithSticks on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Thats eight people are we all in or are you going to choose between us?
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 pm

I think i will start with a lower number between 5 and 7 (two people PMed my only yet, so its 10 and not 8 acctually). I will decide tomorrow, now its 22:35 in germany and i won't be up for much longer.

I hate it to decide who gets in and who not. So i will rate your characters and dice between them in the same group. (already did some dicing, but now i am tired)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby narie666 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I hope I'm still on time to be considered.

Name: Scared-of-frogs
Color: #408000 (markings are Red)
Trait: goblin markings ( +1 atk )
Scared-of-frogs has always been a gentle boy, hard to anger, but once roused, rather difficult to stop. During his naming session, the teller was going to name him like-an-avalanche, but one of the teller's frogs had escaped from its cage and the boy had run away when the frog had jumped on his head, thus earning him his name. When he was only 5 years old, he somehow managed to paint himself some rather rugged looking markings on his cheeks with a substance nobody could wash off (and you can believe his mother, Obsessed-with-cleaning, tried the hardest she could).
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 pm

SPOILERS:You son of a gun...Oh well you'll properly run a better one than me anyway.

Name: Wears-A-Coat
Color =#400000
Trait: Tough.
Bio: Wears A Coat is a hardened warrior, older in spirit than he actually is. He often trains to become a more capable warrior. He fights using his experience and skill rather than brute force or speed. If a call of arms is sounded he is the first one on the battlefield and the last to leave. His life is dedicated to protecting the tribe and his friends though he has few. He is very loyal to the chief and would gladly give his life for him. He believes the soul of the tribes resides in the chief and if he falls the rest of the tribe will follow. So he places the chiefs life above all others He is a bit of a outsider, not prone to talking or chatting however their are few goblins who wouldn't want him by their sides in a fight. He knows alot about tactics and enjoys building things to improve the warcamp. He hates adventurers and thinks that they should all be killed given the chance. He enjoys smoking a pipe when he's relaxing. He also enjoys cooking though it's not a skill he often gets to use.
SPOILERS:You might want to remove the bolster trait. I found it boring for the player to use. Also you've refined my game and made it much cleaner. Congrats. Now give me a spot! lol
Last edited by Jacon on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Name: Full of Ideas
Nicknames: Full of BS, Full of it, Full, FOI
Color: Brown
Trait: Scout

Full of Ideas has been teased about his ideas, which along with his unfortunate coloring has lead to some of his nicknames. So Full often retreats to the wild to be alone and mull over his ideas before coming back to camp to spew the built up surplus of ideas. Full is sneaky as a hunter is sneaky, but he is less comfortable in villages, buildings and underground. He prefers to use his senses in the wide open to alert him to trouble before it gets to him.

Sample ideas include: dugout canoe, fish trap, a rope up the cliff, tree stands, tower for defense.

I assume we are at the bottom of the cliff, not the top?
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Three more, that means i will have to do the balancing and dicing again.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

Results of the dice rolling:

i put the characters into 3 groups, one was battle, one was sneaky, one was supportive (scouts+aura).

The battle group had 6 Persons in it:
Nioca, Ziprath, Narie666, Dusk9, Asktoomuch, Jacon
out of those 6 i rolled 4 people, since combat will be the priority. its a 2/3 chance. The result was:

Nioca (4)
Ziprath (12)
Narie666 (2)
Dusk9 (4)
Asktoomuch (14)
Jacon (19)

This means Ziprath, Askstoomuch and Jacon are definitly in. Nioca and Dusk9 are on a draw with both roling a 4, but i like both characters. So i talked to them if one of them would volunteer for his characters introduction to postponed. Dusk9 just send me an email, that he got no problem with waiting since he is already in many games. Thats what i call fair. so its Nicoa who gets the 4th slot.

The supportive group had 3 persons in it:
SlamswithSticks, Donnigan, Throughthewell
out of those 3 i rolled 2 people, which is a 2/3 chance too. The result was:

SlamswithSticks (9)
Donnigan (12)
Throughthewell (5)

This means Slamswithsticks and Donnigan are in.

The sneaky group had 2 persons in it:
Warlock, Jrlans
out of those 2 i rolled 1 people, which is only a 1/2 chance, sorry, but 2/3 isn't possible with 2 people. After i already had them roled yesterday, i did again, with the same result. Jrlans won.

Warlock (14)
Jrlans (19)

So Jrlans is in.

======================================================================================

So it is:
Wants to be safe askstoomuch
male
tough
TinkersTooMuch jrlans
male
sneaky
WalksBriskly Donnigan
male
#40BF00
scout
Flies with Hawks Ziprath
female
#FF8000
goblin markings
Grace of Maglubiyet SlamsWithSticks
female
#4080BF
encouraging aura
Wears A Coat Jacon
male
tough
Cowers in Shadow Nioca
female
#1C0041
agile

postponed:
Punches Faces Dusk9
male
rage

The others may start later, at the moment its those 7 and punches faces on #1 on the waiting list.

WELCOME TO THE GAME! :)
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 am

Thank you nerre! There is just one thing. I will be gone for a week from this Sunday to Christmas day, so I will not be able to post then. If you feel to include someone else at the start who can post this week I pass my spot to someone who wasn't so lucky.

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:24 am

dusk9 wrote me about the same thing, not being online during the holiday period, so i won't offer your place to him. Just describe what your character does approximately before you leave and i will put it into same basic action. I will write the first post now.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Curse of the Gold - Turn 0

Postby Nerre on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:56 am

Turn 0
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It seems there are not as much free huts as the newcomers expected at first, since two huts are burnt down. Walks is fast on his feet, so he discovers a hut completely empty. Tinkers follows him, taking the second bed. Flies manages to get an empty hut, too. Cowers slips in and joines her. Wears just takes the first empty bed he finds. To his surprise the second one is occupied by a young goblin, which seems to be hurt and doesn’t look well. He is unconscious and wrapped in a lot of bandages. On the first glance it looks like he is bleeding trough the bandages, but then Wears notices that the goblin has a blood red skin. He feels his hate on adventurers rise. Wants searches for a while, since he is looking for a hut which is as safe as possible. He finds a hut in which somebody seems to live, but one bed is free. It is right in the center of the camp, close to the poorly locked treasure chest. That is as safe as it can be. Since nobody is in there at the moment, he just takes the other bed and leaves towards the fire.
Grace who didn’t hurry to find a free bed, ends up finding only one spare bed, which is in the hut of the teller to her surprise. She is uncertain if she may use it, but since there is no other bed left, she at least drops her bundle into the hut before she joins the others on the fire.

There they are welcomed and asked many questions about the hometown. Also they are told many stories about the warcamp, like about the devastating attack last week, while Appears led a group on a mission. The attackers were a group of lousy adventurers, except for one elven archer, who really was powerful, like if he was levels ahead of his group. The goblins were able to take out the fighters, the healer and the mage (who only scored two hits on huts which then burnt down) pretty fast, but the archer always disappeared and then showed on another position. Most of his shots killed instantly, like when he hit the tellers apprentice (which was even younger than herself) straight in her throat while she tried to drag away an injured goblin. The most goblins fled into the forrest. The elf then took what he wanted out of the poorly locked treasure chest and looted his dead comrades. When he left the camp he discovered Dies of old age hiding in the bushes and shot at her three times, but he didn’t hit her at all. He noticed that he was out of arrows, shrugged his shoulders, laughed and just left, singing a cheerful elven hiking song.

Grace even feels more uncertain if she may take the bed, but when the fire is burned down and the clan goes to sleep, she is shooed into the hut by Dies of old age. “Never call me Dies, my name is Age!” is all she sais, then she turnes around and pulls her blanket over her head.

Wants notices an old goblin is sleeping in the other bed now, who doesn’t look very healthy. Sometimes he coughes in his sleep, but not enough to wake himself.

The next morning Chief Appears tells them about their tasks. He explains to them that their task would be to refill the poorly locked treasure cheast and to repair the damage the adventurers had done, like build up the two burnt down huts. Until Poor little guy recovers, there will not be any spare manpower to do this things except for the newcomers. Maybe they can find some healing potions to cure him.

The chief tells them about two places where they could start. One is an old cave in the northwest (F5), the other one is the abandoned orc village on the other side of the lake (K6). Its up to them if they want to do it as one group or if they want to split up, but they should be carefull, since they are the last hope for this louse-um great- warcamp. He thinks the big chief will abandone the warcamp if they situation gets any worse. (you can see them on the map now)

Appears takes them to the storage and throws some weapons and armor on the ground. “It’s not much, but it’s all yours. Take what you need and throw the rest back into the storage. If you want to go to the orc village take the spare boat, it should carry you all.” He tells them. Then he leaves towards the forrest, accompanied by two other goblins. All three are carrying bows, seems they are go hunting.

The list of items is rather short:
Misc:
- 1 backpack for each goblin
- 1 week ration of food and water for each goblin
- 2 pack of firewood (take only one if the group doesn't split)
- 2 set of flint to start a fire (take only one if the group doesn't split)
- 1 small carpenter hatchet (only to cut wood, not to fight)

Weapons:
- 4 knives (+1 ATK)
- 2 short spears (+2 ATK, goblin size)
- 2 short swords (+2 ATK)
- 11 javelins (throwable) (+1 ATK, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit)
- 2 short bows (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
- 20 arrows (chance to break)

Armor:
- 1 barrel lid with a leather strap (+1 DEF, lousy shield)
- 2 holey leather armors (+1 DEF)
- 2 bundles of human clothes (possible use as camouflage?)

Potions and Medicine:
- 5 bandages

You can try to use a bandage on any goblin down on 0 hp. If you succeed, he will stay on 0 HP, but will be able to move again and to defend himself (but not with full strength). But he will be weak and unable to attack, until he is healed.

Please choose your items and decide together where you want to go.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Goblins Games