Forum games go here.

Re: Slaves to the Ring

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 am

just 8 days to go im counting the days i love haragorn games
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 am

Again edited my character info to hopefuly balance it some more (droped the stability and bonus to saves, pointed out. The 20 foot speed... which may be somewhat moot in a mostly goblin game.) Just let me know if anything looks off or might not convert well.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:46 am

SPOILERS:Goblins get a 30ft speed... I will have my character up in a bit...Might be like 9 hours though. It depends.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 am

haragorn a quick question is this game going to have the same art as the clan or is it text-based
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 am

askstoomuch wrote:well lets try this

Name: bob
Race: kobold color: greeen !!! the same as asks a lot in the clan
Backstory:

It all started a long long time ago when bb was just a kid
It was a sunny day when bob and some of his friends were invited to the fortune tellers hut
Sceptical at first, bob enter the room and imidealty the teller got a vision
Bob would grow up to be the best superhero of his people
Surprised with his new faith bob started training as hard as he could
The years passed and bob changed for the little kid to the big grown up he is today
and all that training made his stronger, faster ,better then anyone of his people before him. Yet he never found his real superpower
one day after protecting the village for quite some time under the name bob-man he decided to leave the village for a wile and find hes power
well He dindt find any cool magic tricks but he did found a bunch of humans he managed to knock out al lot of them but they were with too many and captured him and looked him up in the cell....

Well for the magic and extra things

Thats for you to decide haragorn :) but he needs a cool superpower, so its your call he is stronger faster en beter then any other kobold he have ever met :D and could kick kolbold ass yet non-kobold probably kick his ass
and his superhero name is bob-man
Kobolds do not have superheroes.

askstoomuch wrote:haragorn a quick question is this game going to have the same art as the clan or is it text-based
The night-gameplay art will be the same style as CCM. The arena combat art will be the same style, but top-down with a grid.

3 people have sent me goblins so far.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

what no superpower..... :cry: i dont mean like shoot laser beams out of his eyes but just some cool simple magic spell like shooting a fire ball or freesing something just plain old magic but something cool that your every day kobold cat do

pretty plz :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Their heroes run away. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin was a kobold hero of great renowned.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Haragorn, I will be away until Christmas day. I might have to jump ship here.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:51 pm

askstoomuch wrote:what no superpower..... :cry: i dont mean like shoot laser beams out of his eyes but just some cool simple magic spell like shooting a fire ball or freesing something just plain old magic but something cool that your every day kobold cat do

Super power possibilities:
1 turn / day super dodge. Does not work vs area effect.
1/ day may use a melee weapon as a missile weapon without any penalties beyond range penalties.
1 / day, you pick an opponent within sight and they have to try to attack you. (mental taunt).
Improved disarm: if a parry succeeds, you have a further chance to hold their weapon in your hand.

Think small, yet cool, yet with tactical possibilities. Then see if the GM approves.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I'd be fine with a kobold caster.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Editted my character post: made a few minor changes and added a drawback that I think suits him quite well.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Am I the only one who hasn't given my character any on-use abilities? Sure, there's the random shapeshifting, but that uncontrollable and there's no indication of when it may happen or if it will even be useful. Could turn me into a bunny for all I know... I'm so unique here my bonus is my penalty.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ziprath on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Dlover wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't given my character any on-use abilities? Sure, there's the random shapeshifting, but that uncontrollable and there's no indication of when it may happen or if it will even be useful. Could turn me into a bunny for all I know... I'm so unique here my bonus is my penalty.

SPOILERS:My bonus is passive and comes with a weakness.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:11 pm

SPOILERS:Mm, so I'm not alone in having no control, but you can expect what will happen. I'm a complete wildcard, which I'm not complaining about, I'm happy to have no clue what may happen, I just wonder if there's anyone else who had the same idea of having limited control.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Got some muse juice (booze) in me, so I tried converting racial stuff from 3.5 to forum myself. Let me know how I did, because I can't think of a good disadvantage and I don't want to make this guy broken or anything.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby jrlans on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

kurik wrote:Got some muse juice (booze) in me, so I tried converting racial stuff from 3.5 to forum myself. Let me know how I did, because I can't think of a good disadvantage and I don't want to make this guy broken or anything.

I can see the burrowing thing breaking the whole "must be containable" rule. Unless Haragon decides the ground is stone, or it goes to bedrock after like 10 ft. And of course the arena walls would have to go all the way down to the bedrock.
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 pm

jrlans wrote:
kurik wrote:Got some muse juice (booze) in me, so I tried converting racial stuff from 3.5 to forum myself. Let me know how I did, because I can't think of a good disadvantage and I don't want to make this guy broken or anything.

I can see the burrowing thing breaking the whole "must be containable" rule. Unless Haragon decides the ground is stone, or it goes to bedrock after like 10 ft. And of course the arena walls would have to go all the way down to the bedrock.

I figure there's enough plausable ways to counter burrowing, and the 'dosn't leave a tunnel' bit means I'd either have to try to escape on my own through a hostile city, or opens up the chance for a "Great Escape" type tunnel dug over several nights and leaving a great deal of displaced earth to deal with. Not to mention worring about tunnel stability.
... ... ... ... ... ... Claustrophobia! How's THAT for a balancing factor? I don't have a clue how to work it into what passes for my backround, but I could do that.

But if I hear an offical complaint that can't be worked out, I have three other races on a list before settleing for a goblin, so no biggie if I gotta scrap him. I've just always wanted to play one and haven't gotten a chance yet.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:54 pm

kurik wrote:... ... ... ... ... ... Claustrophobia! How's THAT for a balancing factor? I don't have a clue how to work it into what passes for my backround, but I could do that.

Maybe it can be from some traumatic childhood event? Say, he got stuck in a stone pit for a few hours, or something?
It would also explain why (name) didn't just tunnel away from the guys who caught him - he can tunnel, but needs some convincing to do it.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:29 am

Burrowing isn't too strong. You won't be able to burrow through stone, which most of the place is made of, but you can dig through dirt and sand. Characters are only required to have penalties if they've got a really good perk.

Goblin characters can post their info here once I've approved them.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 am

Haragorn wrote:Burrowing isn't too strong. You won't be able to burrow through stone, which most of the place is made of, but you can dig through dirt and sand. Characters are only required to have penalties if they've got a really good perk.

What about lots of good, but quite minor, perks. For example, I'm thinking about adding an Enchantment spell (temporary bonuses to Att/Def when cast on weapons/armour, that sort of thing) to my guy, and I'm wondering whether the Sorcery-only limitation is enough of a drawback to balance all of these starting spells/abilities.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Forztok on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Haragorn wrote:Goblin characters can post their info here once I've approved them.

Woo! here is my goblin then.

Prevents-Forest-Fires
Color: #004080
Race: goblin

Backstory: Prevents is his clans Chief, having been choosen by the previous teller. As he grew up him and a fellow goblin, Treats-Others-With-Respect, grew up as battle partners. Meaning Prevents and Treats fought together, protecting each other and never leaving each others sides. Prevents is often looked upon by the other goblins as being slightly overzealous in his duties as chief, but Prevents thinks he is just doing as he should for his clan.

Then the day that changed his life forever came. A large force of humans stormed the camp taking as many goblins alive as possible, they managed to capture Prevents. And in a stange turn of events he had been seperated from Treats.

Now he has been taken to the Ring, where he is forced to fight for the enterainment of others.

Also while Prevents was chief no forest fires ever spread within his forest.
Forztok
Junior Keenspotter

Postby narie666 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Loves-healing (#FF80FF) loves, as her name says, healing. She heals everything and anything she can, which complicates things sometimes, since at times she can't resist healing creatures her tribe is trying to kill. This has however increased her healing prowess, but her willingness to heal injured animals, and thus at times almost causing deaths of fellow goblins have assured she is rather shunned by her fellow goblins.
When she was captured by the humans, they physically abused her, causing her to limp, which caused a serious hate for humans.

Perk - better healing powers
negative Perk - tendency to heal enemies , limps (2/3 movement), will not heal humans.
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Davecom83 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Haragorn, could you post my info here? I can't access my main account to do so, as it seems keenspot has trouble sending e-mails to e-mail addresses that use underscores. And obviously, Prevents must have prevented Sir Gets-Culled-In-The-Wintertime from riding through the forest, or at least kept him on a tight enough leash that he didn't burn any of the trees.
Davecom83
Junior Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:14 pm

so how big is or party ?
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:31 pm

My turn

Race: Goblin
Skin color: Red
Eye color: Blue
Name: Lucky-in-life

Background: Lucky's name has always been ironic as he has never been particularly lucky, until one day when his hunting group was forced into a cave by a heavy storm. With nothing better to do they decided to explore it, unknown to them the cave was the entrance to a dungeon crawl and they soon triggered a trap which dropped dozens of scorpions onto them. The entire group was killed by the poison stingers except Lucky who managed to crawl out back into the forest before passing out. He was found by clan hunters who brought him back to the camp where he was captured with the rest.

Abilities: Immune to poisons. Poisonous blood.
Weakness: terrified of crawling bugs (including Spiders and Scorpions) they cause him to flee in fear.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games