TWSK Round 37 - Overhauling the System - Read 1st post

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: TWSK Round 37 - Overhauling the System - Read 1st post

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 am

Dlover wrote:Eh, I've actually considered Moose as a possibility. The fact he doesn't have much time would explain the short kills.

Yup. Besides, they are not really bad, just really short. Moose claims he isn't using his prepared kills – well, these probably were not prepared ones.
Before the re-roll, he was innocent, but that doesn't absolve him now. I'll vote for Moose, if only because I want to see if he is as invincible as he is starting to seem :D

By the way, Moose is the only one who hasn't even died once this round! :shifty:
:lol:

Bringing the ninjas together:
knucklekraken wrote:If it is Moose, we're all gonna feel really, really silly about all those missed lynches.

OPERATION:VOTEFORMOOSE IS GO.

Moose.......1...(knucklekraken)
Dlover wrote:Hmm... Five possibilities, who to choose. I've seen nothing thusfar that indicates anyone in particular, so...

KnuckleKraken.....1...(Dlover)

KnuckleKraken.....1...(Dlover)
Moose...............2...(knucklekraken, SharesLoot)
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 am

You know what, I've had the suspicion for a while, so why not?

Moose...............3...(knucklekraken, SharesLoot, Dlover)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 am

Just to clarify things, I have to wonder whether the false witness role works as a warped scrying glass or if it works by randomly selecting a different person other than the killer to hone in on.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 am

davecom3 wrote:Just to clarify things, I have to wonder whether the false witness role works as a warped scrying glass or if it works by randomly selecting a different person other than the killer to hone in on.

I'll go ahead and answer this now, the false killer role works by me honing on one person when I have time and energy to figure it out, or I just choose random things when I just don't want to try or don't have time...
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 am

well got to vote for someone if im not gulled already
Moose...............4...(knucklekraken, SharesLoot, Dlover, asks)
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 am

askstoomuch wrote:well got to vote for someone if im not gulled already
It galls me that you do not know if someone culls you or gulls you :wink:

to gull: to dupe
to gall: to annoy
to cull: to remove

Once again, you made my day :D :rootbeer:
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:25 am

and thanks for expanding my knowloge of the english langauage i speak english 10 times a good as i did befor i found goblins
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 am

askstoomuch wrote:and thanks for expanding my knowloge of the english langauage i speak english 10 times a good as i did befor i found goblins

I'm glad I never read your English tests before that, then. I might have commited suicide. :shifty: :P :lol:
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:40 am

well normaly i am better at it, most of the times i forget to reread what the hell im writing and just smash enter like a cavemen.
but since your people are so damm nice here ill try to put in a little more efford in my posts. :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 am

Dlover wrote:Eh, I've actually considered Moose as a possibility. The fact he doesn't have much time would explain the short kills.

I have stated a number of times that I always try to pre-write my kills, or at least the first three of them for a set. Currently I have two such sets, and no time to prepare any more than that. This is primarily because I'm completely insane and have decided to start a round of CTF in LSN's forum (come sign up :P), in addition to writing a research paper/website on invasive species and programming KoreBot. If I were the killer you would see a sharp drop off in quality after kill 3, and my kills are all longer than this and better written. If you want to lynch me because I haven't died yet this round, fine, go right ahead. If you want to lynch me because you've failed to do so four times this round, you're welcome to. But if you actually think I'm the killer you're fooling yourselves. I will tell you right now that I am NOT the killer, but hey, maybe you guys will free up some time for me, and hell I've told you to lynch me the entire round. I guess I should be happy you're finally listening to me, I just wish you had done so sooner. I had kinda wanted to see if I could survive another tie, but that's up to you guys at this point. Oh... also, I bet you it's knuckle or Dlover.

knucklekraken......1...(Moose)
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 am

Hey guys sorry I didn't post this sooner... But I was the detective

That is all.
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm

A mysterious figure walks in before stabbing at Picks' ghost and then throwing a mysterious box at him. He then leaves. The first person to PM me claiming this box gets it.

EDIT: The box has been claimed
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby alopex on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 pm

We have two turns to catch the killer.

The hunting season of moose. Here in Finland it continues three more weeks. My clue hunting has been ineffective, so maybe I should join this nice bandwagon.

Although I still think it is more likely Knucklekraken. Especially when our detective voted him last turn.

knucklekraken......2...(Moose, alopex)

I'll write my notes here, just in case if someone gets better idea from these (I have gotten only a headache):
- honk is written on forehead, heart, leg, throat.
- In three kills there is something in the middle or halfway (but not in the 2nd one).
- honk itself in its various combinations (K has always been a capital letter thus far...hmm).
alopex
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Anyone want to at least give me a chance at a tie vote (to see if I can survive the roll yet again? :P ) Just to recap, the arguments for me being a killer are:
1) That I haven't died this round.
2) I don't have much time so I've been writing short kills (even though I have pre-written kills).
3) This:
SharesLoot wrote:Besides, they are not really bad, just really short. Moose claims he isn't using his prepared kills – well, these probably were not prepared ones.

Wait... run that by me again? So I have two prepared sets of kills, no time, and as a killer I'm not using my pre-prepared kills? :okthen: Reading back over this a couple of times actually makes me a little suspicious of Shares, especially considering how she has been one of the people supporting my claim of innocence due to having a lot on my plate. The logic here just doesn't make sense, although the wreath is cool :P

Arguments against knuckle: HONK... he has a freaking goose in character :roll:

Again, lynch me if you want, but be prepared to be disappointed, I'm not the killer.
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:35 pm

SeeAMoose wrote:Again, lynch me if you want, but be prepared to be disappointed, I'm not the killer.

I won't be once the time comes. I have a feeling that this is the last turn and we can finally go on to round 38. Moose, you will not make the killers win. Too much is at steak.
:shifty:
Yeah, I'm hungry :D

I've been talking to a Canadian all evening (at my company's christmas party) and he went on and on about how he likes home-made moose sausage :lol:
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Okay... I'm convinced, Shares has a role, and is probably the killer. I base this on her drastic shift in position. If she were just a witness she would've changed more gradually... probably :shifty:, but within a turn she went from saying that it isn't like my writing to saying that I'm the killer, based on logic that seems incredibly flawed coming from her (from other players not so much, but Shares has always been a great player and just seems to have a very logical mind). I suspect that there are a number of roles at play at the moment considering how few have died and how I turned a minor role box down because I felt even that would be too much extra work. I'm changing my vote to Shares, if any of you are smart and online you'll help me because I'm not the killer and the arguments against me are... well hell there don't seem to be any actual arguments against me, and it seems like these votes are only barely based on gut feelings. No one knows who to go after so people are guessing, it might help if people actually looked at others' behavior before voting.
Just to help illustrate the point, she went from the following:
SharesLoot wrote:To vote, or not to vote, that is the question.
Actually, this adapted quote lacks a "for Moose" :wink:
Nah, Moose still doesn't write like that if he has time, and I do believe he has kills prepared.

to this:
SharesLoot wrote:

Yup. Besides, they are not really bad, just really short. Moose claims he isn't using his prepared kills – well, these probably were not prepared ones.
Before the re-roll, he was innocent, but that doesn't absolve him now. I'll vote for Moose, if only because I want to see if he is as invincible as he is starting to seem :D

:okthen:
I don't mind being lynched normally... but it always annoys the hell out of me when I see people voting like this. That and I had kinda looked forward to a round where I avoided all attempts to kill me. :nervous:

SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Hmm... You are right, She has changed her point of view rather suddenly. Okay, I'll bite.

Moose...............3...(knucklekraken, SharesLoot, asks)
knucklekraken......1...(alopex)
SharesLoot..........2...(Moose, Dlover)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm

SeeAMoose wrote:Okay... I'm convinced, Shares has a role, and is probably the killer. I base this on her drastic shift in position. If she were just a witness she would've changed more gradually... probably :shifty:, but within a turn she went from saying that it isn't like my writing to saying that I'm the killer, based on logic that seems incredibly flawed coming from her (from other players not so much, but Shares has always been a great player and just seems to have a very logical mind).
:okthen:
I don't mind being lynched normally... but it always annoys the hell out of me when I see people voting like this. That and I had kinda looked forward to a round where I avoided all attempts to kill me. :nervous:
Aww, Moose, thanks for the compliments. At least those that you intended to be ones :shifty:

Well, of course there was a shift. I was the detective and I knew with certainty that you were innocent. Then I was killed, lost my role, and a new killer was born :-?

After my resurrection, I was still on a mission to save us from the Kitti. Once she died, everything was open again, and the new, short kills indicated someone pressed for time. Since the new role was assigned suddenly, and not all players are playing, I found it totally probable that even a Moose, who prepares kills beforehand and has little time, would be able to crank out something like that in 5 minutes. Besides, you seem to have a perfect alibi, which you repeat over and over. I am now very curious to see your bot in action, but I definitely don't believe a hard worker like you needs a break and relaxation once in a while. Maybe eat a sandwich, kill a goblin, post an excuse, and go back to work? :wink:

It's not illogical or a huge shift. You simply went from innocent to suspect, and I went from fake analysis heavily biased by my knowledge to true analysis strongly colored by my doubts and suspicions.

Make of that what you will. I am not the killer, but I have narrowed it down to 2 people. Maybe I have a role, but I am not at leisure to tell everyone. If you are cleared, then I definitely know who the killer is. Again, not me.

Dlover wrote:Hmm... You are right, She has changed her point of view rather suddenly. Okay, I'll bite.

Ouch, did you brush your teeth beforehand? Dog bites can be poisonous, and they always hurt like hell. I'm speaking from experience. I never was bitten by a lover of dogs, though. I hope it's less painful :P

On a more serious note, please read my explanation above and reconsider your vote change, Dlover. Thank you.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Voting closes in, what, fifteen minutes?

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:05 pm

knucklekraken wrote:Voting closes in, what, fifteen minutes?

I'm excited. I really want to see if Moose is the killer. I bet 10 Gold and two cookies that he is! Any takers?
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 pm

SharesLoot wrote:Make of that what you will. I am not the killer, but I have narrowed it down to 2 people. Maybe I have a role, but I am not at leisure to tell everyone. If you are cleared, then I definitely know who the killer is. Again, not me.

You do realize that you just painted a target on your chest, right? If the killer changes their kill to you, your knowledge will essentially be useless, that's assuming your knowledge is even accurate. Which unless you're the detective is far from certain. I am NOT the killer, but... you know what? I kinda hope they win so that kitti gets the credit she deserves for an awesome run as killer.

Oh I'm taking that bet right now. Can I have my gold and cookies now?
Last edited by SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm curious what was in that box.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Seriously, can I have my gold and cookies now? You were dead wrong Shares, I haven't told a single lie this round. I really did turn down a minor role box due to a lack of time, and I really wasn't the killer. I'd recommend lynching Shares... except I'm pretty sure the killers just won, you know what with there being a true love in this round, and given that there are only 4 players left team killer has as many people on it as team citizen. Either Shares or Knuckle (and quite possibly both) are probably on team killer.

*edit:* Moose shakes his head and starts laughing. I bet you Shares is the True Love, she said she had the list for killer narrowed down to two people but didn't do anything to hint at who that other person was, AND she said that she had a feeling that the round would end this turn.
Last edited by SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Why don't you refrain from posting in color until Odd kills you.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Kinda a foregone conclusion at this point, but sure, why not.

SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games