TWSK Round 37 - Overhauling the System - Read 1st post

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: TWSK Round 37 - Overhauling the System - Read 1st post

Postby davecom3 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, sorry for getting myself killed, guys. I was a witness, and I worked under the assumption of myself being a false one from the beginning. I still believe Dlover to be innocent, and I'm starting to wonder about all the wooden objects in these posts. A table, a bar, a doorframe, and now a headboard and a mop. For that matter, the ceiling. And, no, I don't have any idea whether these are clues or not.
Last edited by davecom3 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby TemptsFate on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 pm

davecom3 wrote:Well, sorry for getting myself killed, guys.

Me too. BTW dave - TWSK requires dead players to post in color.

Nice bandwagon lynch. All I did was protest because Dlover (supposedly) rolled a dice and voted for me. Too bad you forgot you were goblins and went into lemming mode :grumble:

This is how the vote ended:

TemptsFate....6...(Dlover, PicksUpSticks, askstoomuch, Davecom3, alopex, Kide)
Dlover...........3...(TemptsFate, knucklekraken, SharesLoot)

Picks added himself to the list in front of Dlover. I corrected that above. I'm dead and this is all I will say. Do with it what you will.
Image - Image - Image - Image
Klik emoticons (Klikies) by SolarGranulation and WhiteHawk- read more here.
I think this is a great idea! Creative people go ahead and make more and add them to your sig for all to use in their posts!
TemptsFate
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby davecom3 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Fixed. Well, I have to admit I did roll a die the first day I was witness, but I did base it off what I most likely was.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 pm

The text, it burns us!

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey, I needed a proper ghostly color, now, didn't I? Am I to blame if the normal ghostly color is thought to be such a light shade, and usually greenish or whitish? Besides, it's not like you have to read it while it's this color, you know.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

askstoomuch wrote:dolver is going to get eaten by the the wolves

Very good. Have a cookie.

As for the kill;
NOOOOO DAAVEE!!! I put so much half-arsed effort into protecting you, and the killer just goes and kills you?! I wasted so much time! :gonk:

Okay, seriousness now, the wooden objects may be a clue, but I'm not sure. I rarely do pick out useful clues, and even after someone points them out I have trouble recognising them. Though guess what? Who has a name related to wood?

PickUpSticks...1..(Dlover)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 pm

davecom3 wrote:Hey, I needed a proper ghostly color, now, didn't I? Am I to blame if the normal ghostly color is thought to be such a light shade, and usually greenish or whitish? Besides, it's not like you have to read it while it's this color, you know.
You're right. We will ignore you henceforth :wink:

Damn, we lost a witness so soon! And a vociferous one at that. More luck next game! Anyway, at leastyou survived very long for a newcomer.

davecom3 wrote:Well, sorry for getting myself killed, guys. I was a witness, and I worked under the assumption of myself being a false one from the beginning. I still believe Dlover to be innocent, and I'm starting to wonder about all the wooden objects in these posts. A table, a bar, a doorframe, and now a headboard and a mop. For that matter, the ceiling. And, no, I don't have any idea whether these are clues or not.
So you think you were a false witness, and your clues pointed to Dlover? Or was it someone else? Too bad you can't be clearer about that.
Your assumption that there is an unusual amount of wooden objects in the kills is interesting. I'm undecided whether it is far-fetched or not. The only one wood could point to is PicksUpSticks, but I feel that it would be unfair to start voting so early in the day without real evidence.

It took me too long to post this, so Dlover already jumped all over dave's suspicion and started the lynch vote :shifty:
You are one eager puppy!
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Puns, puns, glorious puns. XD

Anyway, I started the vote early because I'm used to having school and sleeping in the time where people actually point out clues (Which is why I rarely vote based on solid evidence), and I'm just in habit of getting it in early. I want to make a dog-pun about that, but I can't think of any.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 am

SharesLoot wrote:
davecom3 wrote:Well, sorry for getting myself killed, guys. I was a witness, and I worked under the assumption of myself being a false one from the beginning. I still believe Dlover to be innocent, and I'm starting to wonder about all the wooden objects in these posts. A table, a bar, a doorframe, and now a headboard and a mop. For that matter, the ceiling. And, no, I don't have any idea whether these are clues or not.
So you think you were a false witness, and your clues pointed to Dlover? Or was it someone else? Too bad you can't be clearer about that.

Okay, if you guys insist I edit the color, I will. And, given the nature of this game, even if I could make it more clear, I wouldn't make it much clearer. You guys will just have to decide whether to trust my judgment on Dlover or not yourselves.

Keep searching for the Dog-gone evidence, and have trouble thinking outside the boxers? Anyways, you can't keep searching mastiff for evidence, so I'll just let you guys go at it.
Last edited by davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

knucklekraken wrote:I promise I'll get back to you next turn, Moose, but D is begging for it.

I am a man of my word.

PicksupSticks.......1...(Dlover)
SeeAMoose.........1...(knucklekraken)

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 am

And it's possible that I pretty much revealed that I was a witness when I died. Certain things I've said may have revealed it.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby SeeAMoose on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

knucklekraken wrote:
knucklekraken wrote:I promise I'll get back to you next turn, Moose, but D is begging for it.

I am a man of my word.

PicksupSticks.......1...(Dlover)

Yay! Moose isn't feeling silly this game at all :P I wish I had the time to be more helpful... but notepad++ broke the bot today (when I wasn't even planning on looking at it :grumble:) I pretty much had to rewrite it... again... Not to mention the other things I have to deal with. If someone comes up with a clue or two that looks decent I'll vote with them, otherwise I 'llhave just vote later. I'm shocked I'm still alive at this point considering how I'm the perfect innocent target.
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 am

Dlover wrote:Anyway, I started the vote early because I'm used to having school and sleeping in the time where people actually point out clues (Which is why I rarely vote based on solid evidence), and I'm just in habit of getting it in early. I want to make a dog-pun about that, but I can't think of any.

When Dlover goes clue hunting, it's a complete dog's breakfast, but once he finds a clue, he's like a dog with a bone.
In this case, though, I definitely think you are like a blind dog in a meat market, throwing votes around just like a dog that swam in a lake shakes itself and sprays water. Well, every dog has its day, and you may be right this time and not barking up the wrong tree. Voting-wise, you're currently not the dog, but the tail wagging the dog. Everyone followed you to vote against poor tempts. Still, you can't put me off the scent that easily.

I'm not trying to bark at you here, I just couldn't help romping around in the dictionary of doggie idioms :wink:
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:40 am

SharesLoot wrote:
Dlover wrote:Anyway, I started the vote early because I'm used to having school and sleeping in the time where people actually point out clues (Which is why I rarely vote based on solid evidence), and I'm just in habit of getting it in early. I want to make a dog-pun about that, but I can't think of any.

When Dlover goes clue hunting, it's a complete dog's breakfast, but once he finds a clue, he's like a dog with a bone.
In this case, though, I definitely think you are like a blind dog in a meat market, throwing votes around just like a dog that swam in a lake shakes itself and sprays water. Well, every dog has its day, and you may be right this time and not barking up the wrong tree. Voting-wise, you're currently not the dog, but the tail wagging the dog. Everyone followed you to vote against poor tempts. Still, you can't put me off the scent that easily.

I'm not trying to bark at you here, I just couldn't help romping around in the dictionary of doggie idioms :wink:

:lol: :lol: :rootbeer:
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 am

I think it should be okay to say that I've only had two hints, so as to clarify for you guys that we've probably only got two more witnesses out there. And while I'm not certain about the things being clues, it's my best guess so far.

And anybody know what a bittersweet is? I suggest looking it up. I think things that are made of wood or that are woody are probably likely to be hints, but like I said, I've had no confirmation of this. There are also hints that way with him pole-vaulting and the question of where you carve a heart may also be a hint.

Like you've said that I've said, Shares, there's so much wood here that it's almost ridiculous.

And, just think about it, lass. Just one tree has Colossal size, natural armor, damage reduction, hundreds o' hit points, and enough limbs ta make a dozen or more attacks per round.
Last edited by davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 am

SharesLoot wrote:Everyone followed you to vote against poor tempts.

Yeah, I wasn't even expecting that when I voted for Tempts, I was kind of shocked when I got home and checked in on the forum.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:50 am

By the way, thanks go to Durkon Thundershield and Giant for their contribution to my argument.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 am

davecom3 wrote:And anybody know what a bittersweet is? I suggest looking it up. I think things that are made of wood or that are woody are probably likely to be hints, but like I said, I've had no confirmation of this. There are also hints that way with him pole-vaulting and the question of where you carve a heart may also be a hint.

Like you've said that I've said, Shares, there's so much wood here that it's almost ridiculous.

I found even more people that the wooden hints could point to: Moose (burning wooden antlers, right?) and Dlover (what do dogs like to play? Fetch!). Still, it's a bit unspecific. What do you think?
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:53 am

Like I said, I believe Dlover to be innocent, and if you remember, Moose had admitted to being too busy before he had a chance to become the killer this time. I don't believe this has changed for Moose. I cannot rule out Moose, but he's unlikely due to the arguments he made about lack of time before he could become the killer.

And, I admit to starting to think one more thing, but I hesitate to mention that.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 am

davecom3 wrote:Like I said, I believe Dlover to be innocent, and if you remember, Moose had admitted to being too busy before he had a chance to become the killer this time. I don't believe this has changed for Moose. I cannot rule out Moose, but he's unlikely due to the arguments he made about lack of time before he could become the killer.

Right, I know, I just wanted to point out that we cannot be sure that the wood references refer to Picks only. That said, I will vote for him now and only change my mind later if I find anything more conclusive.

PicksupSticks.......2...(Dlover, SharesLoot)
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 am

And even the honk's could be hints towards wood. Rearranging the big letters, you got KNOK, a rather poor spelling of the word knock, and there's a phrase that I know "knock on wood". However, that one may be reaching.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby alopex on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am

I know "honk" is something this Gamzee person wrote a lot in MS Paint Adventures, but could it simply refer to Knucklekraken's goose? Is Moe still around? ...or is this an obvious herring?
Sigh, I'll read the kills once again and vote a bit later.
alopex
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am

And notable is that it wasn't repeated into a third turn, and there's a lack of much evidence pointing towards kraken in the last kill.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am

davecom3 wrote:And notable is that it wasn't repeated into a third turn, and there's a lack of much evidence pointing towards kraken in the last kill.
What wasn't? The honk? Gamzee? I don't get your message. Look again, it's in all kills.

Could someone please explain who Gamzee is? I know from MSPA, but I currently don't have the time to read it, I heard it's very time-consuming.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby davecom3 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 am

Okay, you're right. I did miss it. I'd not remembered seeing the HonK in my post. Still, I'm not seeing much that points to kraken, but it could be him, I suppose. Then again, kraken wasn't so much the goose as the duck the outlaw served.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games