TW Serial Killers - Round 36 - Mystery Box Round

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

TW Serial Killers - Round 36 - Mystery Box Round

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:50 pm

THUNTWORLD SERIAL KILLERS - Round 36 – Mystery Box Round (Host: ReadsVoraciously)

The lynch voting will close precisely at
10:00 PM Central Time (GMT -6 hours)
Any votes marked/kills sent after this time will not be counted.
Updates posted shortly thereafter

Signups, however, close whenever I feel like it, and there is no limit to how many people may sign up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How it works
Changed/new rules are in italics.

Welcome to Thuntworld Serial Killers, a forum-based murder-mystery game where people die on a daily basis and wild theories are tossed around like rag dolls!

The host will secretly select participating players at random to play the role of the killer, sent to them via private message. A killer’s job is to craft a written passage (or screenshot, soundclip, artwork, or video, if they’re feeling particularly crafty) every day and PM it back to the host. The first of these is what we call the dummy kill - this will give an idea of the killer’s writing style. Every day after that, the killer may select one person to die that round, working it into their kill. The host will present the kills to the entire thread at a specified time each day.

The citizens of the thread must then vote for the person they feel is guiltiest. This person will be lynched at the end of the round. If the innocent citizens lynch all the killers, the citizens win! If the killers evade notice and kill off enough people to outnumber the innocents, the killers win! Each round tends to last one week. Use anything from poltergeists to kitchen utensils, from orange juice to acidic poison, and from simple stab wounds to nursery rhymes. And remember, keep your identity a secret! Kills must also contain at least one clue per turn to the killer's identity (this can be as convoluted as you wish, but must be there).

* The host is always right. No exceptions.
*The host has the right to interpret item effects and trowel effects as he/she sees fit.
* The number of killers each round is determined by the number of players, as is the number/inclusion of any additional roles. The more citizens, the more roles!
* All roles are chosen by random selection and given out secretly by PM.
* Roles must be accepted, if someone does not accept their role within 18 hours the role will be given to someone else.
* The citizens must try and work out who the killers are and vote accordingly. The person with the highest number of votes gets lynched at the same time kills are posted. The host then reveals if the person was a killer or not.
* Every day each killer sends in a single kill. The host then updates this post to show who has died and posts the kills and a lynch, if there is one.
* If by the end of the round the killers outnumber the citizens, or there is only one of each left, the killers win.
* The list of players at the top of this post is updated with every murder and lynch to show those who are alive and those who are dead.
* Citizens who sign up to be in the game must actively participate in the game.
* To sign up, post a sign up list with your display name added to it.
* If something comes up suddenly and you no longer wish to participate BEFORE the game has started, simply remove your name from the list. If you change your mind AFTER the game has started, PM the host and she will graciously remove you from the round.
* Citizens who do not post votes for 3 updates will be slaughtered mercilessly. For example, if Lord Cummerbund posts all during the 1st update, but goes mysteriously silent after the 2nd, and stays so during the 3rd and 4th, he will be killed in the 5th update.
* Player may miss no more than 4 votes, this includes abstaining. Players are also required to write at least 3 sentences per day.
Participation helps the citizens.... Really!
* Player may abstain from voting, but this should be limited to less than 50% of the time.
* Players may not vote for themselves as a method of avoiding voting for another player without abstaining. Any player who votes for himself or herself is considered to have abstained.
* Players voting for anything other than a living player are also considered to have abstained.
* There are no Citizen Suicides.
* Don't go making a sock puppet account just for this game. I will only accept kills sent from the account I have down as the killer.
* The host is always right. No exceptions.

(Special Cases can be dealt with, so PM the host if you have any questions.)

The explanations for the roles and the rest of the rules can be found on the Rules Thread here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Winners:
Round 1: Citizens (Donnigan)
Round 2: Killers (Warlock, Kelten)
Round 3: Citizens (Charles81, RandomMerc, Ming)
Round 4: Citizens (Martinthegoblin, Grim1812, MakesMumCry

Round 5: Killers (psychotic, Wolfie21384, Donnigan)
Round 6: Killers (darkcloud317, knucklekraken, BeamStalk, kelten, HD: Silentobserver)

Round 7: Citizens (BurnsBees, harmsc12, kitsune106)
Round 8: Killers (Kitsune, Warlock, SeeAMoose, notimportant, HD: LooksandSmiles)
Round : Citizens (Zathyra, Orzahn vs. Pointsthingsout, Silentobserver).
Round 10: Citizens (Vid20, CrossWired vs Warlock, HerdsCats)

Round 11: Citizens (Silentobserver, Donnigan, BeamStalk)
Round 12: Citizens (SeeAMoose, xvegeitim, Whooh)
Round 13: Killers (Blitzanger, EvilCoatrack, Kelten, HD: PicksupSticks)
Round 14: Citizens (Wildman vs. Wolfie21384 vs. m0rtimer vs. HerdsCats vs. Darkcloud317)
Round 15: Citizens (PicksUpSticks vs. Vancent vs. BurnsBees)

Round 16: Killers (Warlock, kittihello)
Round 17: Killers (Coalesce, Theonewhoisodd, HD: Zathyra)

Round 18: Citizens (thekool, Kide)
Round 19: Citizens (thatguy, theonewhoisodd)

Round 20: Killers (SeeAMoose, ReadsVoraciously, Ducky: xvegietim)
Round 21: Citizens (Kelten, SharesLoot)
Round 22: Citizens (alopex, kurik, xvegietim)

Round 23: Killers (Quarg, RandomMerc, The kool)
Round 24: Killers (KittiHello, Wildman)
Round 25: Killers (PicksUpSticks, PSychotic)
Round 26: Citizens (Wolfie21384)
Round 27: Killers (Kurik, m0rtimer, AiryBunny HD: BurnsBees)
Round 28: Killers (Alopex VS. Kurik)

Round 29: Lightning Round (Wildman, Sharesloot)
Round 30: Killer (Wolfie21384)
Round 31: Citizens (Theonewhoisodd, Dlover, SpeaksLoudly)
Round 32: Citizens (thatguy, kurik)

Round 33: Killer (Wildman, Rubber Hench Ducky: SeeAMoose)
Round 34: Citizens (Wolfie21384, PicksUpSticks)
Round 35: Citizens (alopex)

Trowel Contest: There Can Be Only One…

This will be my last round as your Venerable Host. Either PM or publicly post your recommendation or nomination for the next Host. The recommendation or nomination can be for yourself. Please include at least one justification for your choice.

SPOILERS:The RP requirements have been removed. This round is a Mystery Box Round. Every player will receive a Mystery Box at the same time as the post of the dummy kill(s). I may also offer a Mystery Box each day at a random time with the normal “first person to PM the Host gets the box” setup.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Re: TW Serial Killers - Round 36 - Mystery Box Round

Postby knucklekraken on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:59 pm

1. knucklekraken

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SeeAMoose on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm

1. knucklekraken
2. Moose
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 pm

1. knucklekraken
2. Moose
3. Dusk9
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby SharesLoot on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:58 pm

1. knucklekraken
2. Moose
3. Dusk9
4. SharesBoxes
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:28 pm

If I had the time I would put my name in the running... but I'm busy prepping to referee a game of CTF among other things. I think kitti or Shares could make an excellent host
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:01 am

SeeAMoose wrote:I think kitti or Shares could make an excellent host

Aww, that's sweet :)

Well, what I expect of a host is seriousness, reliability, writing skills, a laid-back attitude seasoned with a sprinkling of humor.
Candidates fully fulfilling those expectations are Reads, Wolfie, Moose, m0rtimer, Wildman and (yup, I'm crazy) Warlock. Kitti could be great as well, though I haven't watched her as closely :)

Theonewhoisodd has been a good host, but he adds too big spoonfuls of humor to the game for my taste. Also, the first and last rule of TWSK are that the host is always right, and I get into too many arguments with Odd :nervous:

Myself, Dlover, Picks, kurik, thatguy, asks and knucklekraken are lacking in at least one of my requirements and would be a second choice.
Last edited by SharesLoot on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am

SharesLoot wrote:Warlock

You're aren't just crazy, you're full blown insane! If he were to run the game we may well start out with slightly less than half the players as killers. Or him being the killer.

SharesLoot wrote:Dlover, lacking in at least one of my requirements

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm lacking in four of the five requirements. Relia.... Wait, got exams coming up in a couple weeks. Five of five requirements!

1. knucklekraken
2. Moose
3. Dusk9
4. SharesBoxes
5. Dlover
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 am

I assume I'm lacking in the "laid-back personality" area? I must protest extenuating circumstances this week. Usually I'm not quite this... expressive.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 am

Dlover wrote:
SharesLoot wrote:Warlock

You're aren't just crazy, you're full blown insane! If he were to run the game we may well start out with slightly less than half the players as killers. Or him being the killer.
So? :D
Okay, it's probably because he cracks me up. And because he made a Warlock-style SharesLoot avatar for me right after I joined (see slightly modified version below). And because I needed almost six months to find out which webcomic he is from :roll:

Dlover wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say I'm lacking in four of the five requirements. Relia.... Wait, got exams coming up in a couple weeks. Five of five requirements!
No, you are excessively humble, that's why you wouldn't make a good host :lol:

knucklekraken wrote:I assume I'm lacking in the "laid-back personality" area? I must protest extenuating circumstances this week. Usually I'm not quite this... expressive.
Most of us love you, knuckles, but you are never a relaxed kind of person :nervous:
I'm not saying you or I couldn't be a good host, we're just not in my personal tier 1.

I might agree to hosting a few rounds myself, but only if we lack an alternative. I might make a "back to the roots" round with rules reduced to those of the first round or two.

Current sign-up list:

01. knucklekraken
02. Moose
03. Dusk9
04. SharesLoot
05. Dlover
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 am

Oh, right, I'd suggest either Kitti or Odd for the next host.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 am

Warlock has hosted before, remember? He did a good job, too. He was host the one time I was a killer.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am

I haven't been playing or following TWSK to remember anyone who's hosted apart from Reads, Moose, Odd and I think Burns did at one point, but that may not be right.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 am

im in but to lazy to find the list so somebody has to do it for me :)

my vote is for warlock who runs one of the best game series here on the forum if he can make die in a game fun he coud killing eachother even more fun
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby KittiHello on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:38 am

I could try my hand at it, if you want, but I think Odd is a bit more enthusiastic about having his old job back.

If he won't take over, and there aren't any other willing volunteers, I'll be willing to take it on I suppose.
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's UStream channel. If you need help with anything, let me know. We're all always willing to lend a hand.

Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 16, with partner: the world-famous Warlock.
Successful killer in Goblins SK- Round 24, with partner: Wildman.
KittiHello
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 am

SharesLoot wrote:Myself, Dlover, Picks, kurik, thatguy, asks and knucklekraken are lacking in at least one of my requirements and would be a second choice.

i agree with the asks cant be a host thing but i think you would be a wonderful host :D

SPOILERS:and im not aying that so you dont kill me this round i mean it :D

SPOILERS:i love smileys :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby alopex on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 am

I think a good host is anyone who is willing to use their time and energy to host the game well (as well as they can). Ok, some kind of reliability is needed, so that they don't do anything totally unfair (like change the rules in the middle of the game or use non-random selection in ties and such). With different hosts we'll get slightly different games, too.
Then there are excellent hosts... but you never really know who'll be an excellent host before they have tried it.

That said, if Kitti, Odd, or Shares (I think they are at least a bit willing) is going to be a new host, I'll happily join the games.

For this round:

01. knucklekraken
02. Moose
03. Dusk9
04. SharesLoot
05. Dlover
06. askstoomuch
07. alopex
alopex
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 pm

I would be amazingly happy to host another set of rounds. Obviously I have the reliability and writing skills, I will try and curb my 'spoonfuls of humor' so they aren't as bad.

01. knucklekraken
02. Moose
03. Dusk9
04. SharesLoot
05. Dlover
06. askstoomuch
07. alopex
08. Odd
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I never hosted D, I was thinking about it, but never actually done so. If I were to host, it'd be a chaotic lightning round.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm

BurnsBees wrote:I never hosted D, I was thinking about it, but never actually done so. If I were to host, it'd be a chaotic lightning round.

Heh you were actually first in line to be my successor if you had applied.

Also a list of all hosts:
Rounds 1-5: Harmsc12
Rounds 6-7: Warlock
Rounds 8-10: Wolfie21384 (This is the last time that we had multiple rounds in one thread)
Rounds 11-12: NonSequtur
Rounds 13-18: SeeAMoose
Rounds 19-24: Wolfie21384
Rounds 25-30: Theonewhoisodd
Rounds 31-36: ReadsVoraciously
Rounds 37-??: ?????????????????????

I may go back through and add links at a later occurrence...
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Really? Heh.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:40 am

By that list Wolfie's the only one to have hosted multiple sets so far.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 am

Dlover wrote:By that list Wolfie's the only one to have hosted multiple sets so far.

Yup, and she would be my favorite host, too. On the other hand, it's really fun to have her as a player whenever she has the time to participate actively.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 am

Yes and she as hosted the most rounds of all hosts. She has hosted nine, Moosie has hosted the second most at seven rounds, and me and Reads are tied for third most at 6 rounds.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby TemptsFate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 am

01. knucklekraken
02. Moose
03. Dusk9
04. SharesLoot
05. Dlover
06. askstoomuch
07. alopex
08. Odd
09. TemptsFate

Hi! New on the forum. I know the game and this homebrew variation looks fun!
I want that trowel so I say that I want to be host. I am sure my reputable name makes me a likely candidate. But my newness doesn't :D
Image - Image - Image - Image
Klik emoticons (Klikies) by SolarGranulation and WhiteHawk- read more here.
I think this is a great idea! Creative people go ahead and make more and add them to your sig for all to use in their posts!
TemptsFate
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Goblins Games