Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (Replacement Needed)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (Quest Begins)

Postby LicentiousDey on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:06 pm

BlackTalons has not made a post, so update tomorrow.
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dragonryuuza on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:55 pm

ArcticTornado wrote:This was asked a while ago, the answer was no. Hopefully next round Arash and Solin can fly up there to kill it.

My general plan is to, when I get enough xp's to, (3) spend the mana to level myself up to 4 and get the nice flying, before going after the broodmother hopefully. And then, ofcourse start picking up my other spells that I plan on getting.
(Like this bad boy. \/ )
Dragonryuuza
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Warlock on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:39 am

LicentiousDey wrote:BlackTalons has not made a post, so update tomorrow.

If he hasn't posted by tomorrow, can we vote on his actions? If so, I'm guessing that he would want to level up (since he has enough experience to do so) and attack another token.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dragonryuuza on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

Warlock wrote:If he hasn't posted by tomorrow, can we vote on his actions? If so, I'm guessing that he would want to level up (since he has enough experience to do so) and attack another token.

Agreed. But it's not really our place to say he does anything. That said, it doesn't mean we won't do it. :evilgrin: I vote he jumps infront of someone to use his body as a meat shield, nobly sacrificing himself for the good of the party!

SPOILERS:Not my actual vote obviously. I say he levels up, and attacks if he can.
Dragonryuuza
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

Dragonryuuza wrote:Agreed. But it's not really our place to say he does anything. That said, it doesn't mean we won't do it. :evilgrin: I vote he jumps infront of someone to use his body as a meat shield, nobly sacrificing himself for the good of the party!

Voting on actions for the missing is a fairly common practice.

And speaking of which, I vote for the 'level up and attack' thing.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 pm

SPOILERS:Black Talons hasn't been on since last Friday. If I might be so bold, I suggest assigning a temp player for his position for a week and if he isn't back by then, making that assignment permanent.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 pm

SPOILERS:I second this.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dragonryuuza on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 pm

SPOILERS:Thirded. So the only question left is who is going to play him?
Dragonryuuza
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (Replacement needed!)

Postby LicentiousDey on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Ok so the reason I haven't been updating isn't because he hasn't appeared, it's because I had college applications and only had time to be on for a few minutes a day, not nearly enough time to churn out an update and prevent any holes. I sent BT an PM, but he has yet to reply, so someone should take his place. I'm glad you all are so eager to continue. :D Name, abilities etc will remain the same, only the player will change.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (New Character availab

Postby LicentiousDey on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Player Turn
Orim runs back to cut down one of the weakened creatures gunning for Arash. Ged begins to understand more about the mana surrounding him, and remembers the power his old forest once provided, channeling that memory into himself he casts a spell. Strength courses through his energy veins as he thins the monsters' number a little. Istvan, worriedly-or perhaps dutifully- attempts to reach the moaning goblin. He cuts down a fleshbag in the way, but another two stand between him and the goblin. Solin ponders on the diligence a warrior should maintain in battle, his bones becoming tireless. He feels as though he could stand in battle for days and never tire. The dragon-friend takes his new-found knowledge and calls a bolt from the sky to stop one of the spawns that ran past. Percival devours another in a fit of bloodlust. The Rotpreist calls upon the dark art of destruction, and as the final attacking spawn nears him, he lays a hand on the creature. He feels the energy leave him and pulls his hand back, leaving a deep black hand print. The creature explodes in a spout of grey energy. Arash fights his emotions to find the mathematics necessary to manipulate the wind so that he can rise above the earth. How magical it is to float like a feather above the world! He calls a bolt of lightning on a spawn. Overtaken by his excitement he dives down and smashes into another; On the ground, and too tired to take flight again this turn. Tasen learns more of the universe and stomps on a spawn because he doesn't like what he sees. The goblin stands up, but he doesn't look fit to do anything this turn.

Enemy Turn
The Hedron is strangely silent, no spawns dripping down from the hive within. Only six monsters remain, and the Shadowcloak. He raisea his sword-no is it a she? Her voice betraya her gender: "You cannot win! Even now, the Eldrazi wake from their prison and nothing shall stand in their wake. Join us and you shall be forgiven. Fight us and you shall die!" She raises her sword up, the steel glistening in the sunlight.
She begins chanting in a low voice. A voice not her own. This one is darker, the melody speaking of horrors and a deep sadness. Ay, and fear. The words tickle down your backs with cold fingers. A song of death, a song of the end.
The monsters around the Shadowcloak seem to stand taller than before, their harmless limbs looking ready to take revenge for their dead brethren. Three swarm Tasen, who is defenseless to their attack, too tired to lift his feet. The creatures break themselves on his body. Another leaps for the goblin, who is knocked to the ground, but he seems more resilient than originally believed, and pushes the menace off. The final two run for Istvan, but luckily, Percival was in bloodlust and swallows one of them whole before it reaches the Dark Uncle. The other creature beats Istvan bloody, but not to death. The Shadowcloak attempts to strike down the Elemental, but with all her strength she is only able to pierce his hide.

Nearby Enemies
5x spawn 1/1 0/1
1x Dark Cultist 2/3 (Sword of the Meek)
1x Goblin ?/>1? Haste
Far Enemies
1x Broodwarden 4/4
2x Goblin ?/?

Arash Arack UR (Level 1)
Human Wizard Shaman
Level up 2 1/2
Unspent XP: 3
Inventory:
Abilities: "T:Target creature gains First Strike or Shroud" "Lightning Bolt" "Flight"

Orim W (Level 0)
Human Cleric
Level up 3 0/3 (2/4)
Inventory: Trusty Machete
Abilities:

Ezoc, Rotpriest BG (Level 1)
Elf Druid
Level up 2 1/1
Unspent XP: 1
Inventory:
Abilities: "Disfigure"

Ged, Beast of The Forest G (Level 1)
Elemental
Level up 3 2/2
Inventory:
Abilities: "Might of Krosa"

Tasen Flamesight R (Level 1)
Minotaur Shaman
Level up 2 6/6
Unspent XP: 2
Inventory:
Abilities:

Solin Drakeflame R (Level 1)
Human Warrior
Level up 1 2/2
Inventory:
Abilities: "Lightning Bolt" "Vigilance"

Uncle Istvan B (Level 0)
Human
Level up 3 1/2
Unspent XP: 4
Inventory:
Abilities:

SPOILERS:Arash and Istvan both get RP xp. I like posts like theirs. Tasen is still open for voting, but he may not learn spells or feats until someone legitimately takes his character.
Last edited by LicentiousDey on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Ged flinches slightly at the pinprick of the shadowcloak's attack. It had been some time since he had felt any kind of real pain, and as minor as it was, it drew fourth the lust for battle flowing through his veins, and reminded him of a trick he had used back home. Useing the power of his fallen foe, Ged hardened his skin till it was hard and chitionous.
These disposable spawn and their corrupted masters knew nothing of the fight for survival. Perhaps he should show them how a beast fights. Calling upon the mana of this land once again, Ged focuses on the strength of his home to invigorate his body, and charges the shadowcloak with a beastial roar.

(So getting Carapace, casting Might of Old Krosa and attacking the shadowcloak/death cultist/whatever it is)
Last edited by kurik on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dragonryuuza on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Damn. This was getting them nowhere. The only option was to try and tap into the mana around them more. But it was still unstable, dificult to control. It took a bit of time to get used to. "Onward Percibal!" he yells, his eyes closing as he holds onto his saddle, trying to tap into the world around him more. He took the mana that he had gathered, focusing it into deepening the connection between percibal and he, the fires of their might growing. These meager lightning tricks were handy, but little more than that. If they were going to survive these unending hordes, they'd need the ability to blow them all away at once. "Yo old man! Are you allright?" he asks, as he readies to bolt any creatures that come near Istavan.

(Level up, attack a spawn, blow up a spawn if it would kill Istavan, or blow one up that would instead kill me if Istavan can handle himself)
Dragonryuuza
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ChroniclerC on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Dibs on the sword! ^_^

The battle seems to be drawing to a close, but that is no reason to slack. Ezoc destroys another spawn with the power of black magic, and remains prepared to slay another one should it approach.

Ezoc, Golgari Rotpriest (Black/Green)
Elf Druid - 1/1 (1/1)
Level 1, Level-up cost: 2
XP: 1
Spells: Disfigure
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 am

Orim runs to aid the strange human. He seems like a merciless killer. His aura reeking of death, sending a shiver down Orim's spine. But it's nothing in comparison of the evil the Eldrazi supposedly holds. He has heard the stories, though he had himself never seen one. In a cause against the Eldrazi, any ally will be valuable.

Orim focuses on what he have learned so far, feeling a new power surging through his body. A small glow of life is appearing, floating around him. He touches Istvan and another glow appears to aid the hermit. With a single thought the glow is spreading to every one of his allies, mildly lighting up the battlefield.

Orim attacks another of the spawns surrounding Istvan, working in tandem with Solin and Percibal.

(Level up, attack a spawn.)

Orim
Level (1)
3/5
If a source would deal damage to you or a creature you control, prevent 1 of that damage.
Unspent xp: 0
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ArcticTornado on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 am

Now more mana surged into Arash. It was as if the mana itself wanted to be used, and having found a suitable conduit, it would continue to flow until either it burnt out, or he did. Arash was now thinking faster, he was sure of it. The twin powers of thought and haste were combining, fusing in his mind. But he was not yet strong enough to wield them as they called him to. The power responded to this notion before he was even aware of it, reinforcing his mind, body and soul, becoming a part of his very being. Now power hummed at his fingertips, screaming to be released.

Arash spread his intangible wings once more, and leapt into the sky. The battlefield shrank once again, looking almost like a blackboard full of unsolved equations. Trajectories, variables, unknowns. The chaos of the spawn disrupted the harmony of these equations, made it impossible to predict what would happen. Lightning sizzled in Arash's hand, waiting for the right moment to eliminate a factor. He wished he had more knowledge of the patterns in such battles, and the mana responded. Facts, figures, long-dead memories, and strategies were suddenly there in his mind, seamlessly filling in the gaps in his knowledge. Arash chuckled at the simplicity of the situation. Child's play. He hovered above the battlefield, waiting for the enemy counterattack. With the precision of a surgeon, he fired a bolt of lightning, then swooped to intercept an enemy's attack.

Summary: Level up, learn Ancestral recall, cast it. then wait till the enemy's turn, lightning bolt the next cultist if there is one, or a spawn, preferring one about to kill an ally. If it is safe to do so, he will then block a spawn's attack.

SPOILERS:http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4547
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:50 am

Uncle Istvan

Shortly after slaying one of the creatures standing between him and the goblin that had saved his life, another creature viciously attacks. Uncle Istvan takes the full force of the attack and barely is able to keep to his feet. Thankfully the dragon whelp of Solin's eats another whole before it could follow suit. Uncle Istvan mentally tallied this debt as well, but that would have to be repaid in time. There were still enemies to dispatch and the goblin's debt still held priority. Uncle Istvan drew energy from the slaughter spawn... and still more energy from somewhere else. He knew not where this power came from, but he knew what to do with it. Uncle Istvan looked back at the remaining spawn and he... he... smiled... After spitting out a mouthful of blood, he turned to the woman and spoke in his dry, ragged voice, "You are correct... it is time to bow to the dark gods... but not yours. I have my own."
Uncle Istvan raised his axe above his head with both hands. For a moment the very ground around him seemed to take on the appearance of a swamp. Vegetation withered and the ground became as marsh. It disappeared as quickly as it had come, but with it Uncle Istvan had learned a little more of how to control the rampant mana around him. He immediately channeled this new found knowledge into a pact with the dark gods of the swamp and was rewarded. The muscles in his arms and body doubled... no, tripled... in size and strength as he was filled with Unholy Strength. Uncle Istvan wasted no time, as some might to admire this feeling of power. Instead, he immediate tested his strength on the nearest enemy, bring this axe down again and cutting cleanly through the creature's flesh, bones and organs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Istvan
Level: 1
P/T: 1/2 (3/3)
Unspent XP: 0
Inventory:
Abilites: Unholy Strength (+2/+1)

Level Up: Image

Level 0-1: 1/2
Level 2-6: 2/2; All damage done to Uncle Istvan by creatures is reduced by 2.
Level 7+: 3/3; All damage done to Uncle Istvan by creatures is reduced by 5.[/quote]
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:17 am

SPOILERS:Did Ged get any XP for killing something last turn?
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Re: Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (Replacement needed)

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:33 am

Damn and I thought I had everyone.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Action edited to reflect XP gain.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Almost forgot the vote action for Tasen. For now, just attacking a spawn is probably a good idea.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Re: Magic The Questering [Forum Game] (Replacement Needed)

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Also, how do you edit the forum name? I keep trying but it keeps changing to (Quest Begins)

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:35 pm

LicentiousDey wrote:Also, how do you edit the forum name? I keep trying but it keeps changing to (Quest Begins)

You have to edit the title of 1st post in the thread and change the name there.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Warlock wrote:
LicentiousDey wrote:Also, how do you edit the forum name? I keep trying but it keeps changing to (Quest Begins)

You have to edit the title of 1st post in the thread and change the name there.

Well, that makes total sense. *facepalm*

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:17 am

Player Turn
The elemental is the first to act, growing a plated exoskeleton he grows to massive size once again, attempting to snuff out the Cultist. She only smiles, twirling in her cloak around herself. The familiar crunch reverberates from her body, crumpling into a mass of dark energy directed at the swaying Goblin. He's knocked back onto his ass, but he seems to have survived. Man that thing could take a beating! Percival gorges on another creature, more complacent than before, but no less hungry. He's a growing dragon after all. Solin also takes a moment to bind himself to the surrounding mana flow. It's an acquired taste, that mana. Orim finally sees what everyone else saw, a soft glow covering everyone, including the goblin. He rushes to stop Ged from attacking the Shadowcloak, but it's too late, the woman is dead, so Orim takes his frustration out on the nearest spawn. Arash gets a better taste of the mana himself, though it doesn't taste as sweet. He harkens back to the time of his ancestors remembering stories long forgotten. Like the story of Beetle racing the Lemur up Mountain and winning. How arrogant Lemur was! How simply little Beetle won! She could fly, Arash could fly! The barbaric wizard takes to the sky, watching below for any newcomers. Uncle Istvan cracks his neck as the demons of the realm commune with his essence. "A soul for a stronger body? A dark old soul. You belong to me, chaff." a voice spoke into Istvan's mind, but whose? Before he could meditate on the voice, Istvan's muscles began to grow, his once loose clothing tight on his skin. Bony protrusions extend from his left knuckles, like yellow claws. His shoulders split, replaced by black enamel. Istvan tested his newfound strength on the nearest fleshling, slicing it nearly all the way in two and flinging it far in the air. Tasen finishes off the last spawn.

The goblin gets to his feet and stands at attention. "AtuuuukTUK!" He shouts to the party. A similar shout roars from the mountain, followed by a second explosion in the Hedron. The Hedron sways and crashes on the other side of the mountain. "Me TukTuk. Me explorer. Hired by Misty Man. Gold is gold." He sounded as if had been practicing this speech. "We know where temple. You follow?"
He seemed to have some sort of body paint on him as well.
Nearby Enemy List
None?

Arash Arack UR (Level 2)
Human Wizard Shaman
Level up 2 1/2
Unspent XP: 0
Inventory:
Abilities: "T:Target creature gains First Strike or Shroud" "Lightning Bolt" "Flight" "Ancestral Recall"
Cards in hand: 10 8

Orim W (Level 1)
Human Cleric
Level up 3 1/4 (3/5)
Inventory: Trusty Machete
Abilities: "If a source would deal damage to you or an ally, prevent 1 of that damage."
Cards in Hand: 8

Ezoc, Rotpriest BG (Level 1)
Elf Druid
Level up 2 1/1
Unspent XP: 2
Inventory:
Abilities: "Disfigure"

Ged, Beast of The Forest G (Level 1)
Elemental
Level up 3 2/4
Inventory:
Abilities: "Might of Krosa" "-0/-2: Regenerate (Carapace restores every third turn)"

Tasen Flamesight R (Level 1)
Minotaur Shaman
Level up 2 6/6
Inventory:
Abilities:

Solin Drakeflame R (Level 2)
Human Warrior
Level up 1 2/2
Inventory:
Abilities: "Lightning Bolt" "Vigilance"
Cards in Hand: 7

Uncle Istvan B (Level 1)
Human
Level up 3 3/3
Inventory:
Abilities: "+2/+1"

SPOILERS:Arctic's spoiler gave me the idea on what to do with the Hand. The number of "Cards in Hand" is the total number of spells you can cast. You cannot cast any more spells, even if you have the mana. Your mind is completely blank on ideas if you have no cards in hand. You gain 1 card in hand a turn, so the numbers should be redacted to what people have. Maximum hand size is 8.

EDIT: Somehow I forgot to put in the pictures of TukTuk and his war paint...
Last edited by LicentiousDey on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

Uncle Istvan

Uncle Istvan nodded to TukTuk the goblin and started to follow him. The fact that the goblin had survived the onslaught was enough for Uncle Istvan to consider that particular debt settled.

Upon hearing TukTuk mention the "Misty Man", Uncle Istvan had to conclude that it could only be th the same mysterious figure that had brought them all here. He tried to keep his voice calm all the while inside his seethed. Uncle Istvan turned and addressed the goblin.
"TukTuk, what do you know of the 'Misty Man'? Also, what is so important about this temple?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Istvan
Level: 1
P/T: 3/3
Inventory:
Abilites: Unholy Strength (+2/+1)

Level Up: Image

Level 0-1: 1/2
Level 2-6: 2/2; All damage done to Uncle Istvan by creatures is reduced by 2.
Level 7+: 3/3; All damage done to Uncle Istvan by creatures is reduced by 5.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games